PFT: Eagles believe Jordan Davis can have a role rushing the passer

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Watch them both and tell me Davis is better.

I don't know how anyone can come away with that assesment. At least, I don't know how you come away with Davis is the #12 player in the draft and Ridgeway is a 5th rounder.
Yea but what were you smoking?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't disagree, but Dak has peaked. Hurts is still learning. Plus, hurts does not have to do much for the Eagles, just not give the football away. The Eagles won a Super Bowl with Wentz and Foles and they are repeating that formula. The last 3rd of the season they will win with defense. They will win because of the rest of their roster, not because of Hurts. But Hurts can also be a weapon when he runs the football.

The Eagles roster overall is not any better than Dallas. Parts of it is, but we have some areas that are better also. Eagles Coaching, maybe better, hard to say right now. Moore is our weak link there.
Still will come down to Dak and how he plays especially later in the season. Dak can still elevate his play. Hurts can too, but I feel we seen his limitations as well.

I think some fans as usual downplay their own team in Dallas and pump up all other teams.

Ken

Reaction score
Davis is better. A lot better (at this point we'll see what happens). Was Ridgeway good value in the 5th and could he have been picked earlier? Yes, I think so and love the pick, but that's a different topic.
What makes him a lot better? I'm dying to know because I don't see it watching his tape.

Ken

Reaction score
Apparently everyone in the NFL did
Everyone in the NFL thought Dak was a 3rd string qb too. I sat here and said he could someday be the best qb in that Class. The NFL also said that Wentz was worthy of the #2 pick and a franchise qb....i sat there and said he would be a bust.

The NFL doesn't know everything.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Everyone in the NFL thought Dak was a 3rd string qb too. I sat here and said he could someday be the best qb in that Class. The NFL also said that Wentz was worthy of the #2 pick and a franchise qb....i sat there and said he would be a bust.

The NFL doesn't know everything.

Do you happen to know this weeks lottery numbers?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles better hope he has the endurance and stamina to play the run downs they want him to play.

In most of the UGA games I watched, the most asked question was "where is Jordan Davis?"

Ken

Reaction score
The Eagles better hope he has the endurance and stamina to play the run downs they want him to play.

In most of the UGA games I watched, the most asked question was "where is Jordan Davis?"
Exactly.

He has a flash play or two where he shows his 4.8 40 but it is not the speed he plays at...at all.

I was shocked at how unremarkable he was.

Reactions: CWR

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
What makes him a lot better? I'm dying to know because I don't see it watching his tape.

giphy.gif

That QB runs a 4.7 40. there are 0 men in the nfl over 280 lbs who can make that play.

the man who did is 360lbs

Ken

Reaction score
giphy.gif

That QB runs a 4.7 40. there are 0 men in the nfl over 280 lbs who can make that play.

the man who did is 360lbs
There are maybe 2 plays, including this one, that you can point to where he shows this speed.

That is the problem.

Flamma

Reaction score
Bull...the Cowboys are closer because Dak is so much better than Jalen....

It isn't even close. But they have the draft capital to change that next season. But lets not get ahead of ourselves. This is all on paper. Let's see how good Davis actually is. Let's see how much their oft injured rookie LB works out. Or the CB playing opposite Slay. Their D sucked last year. Are they going to make the leap Dallas made? That's not a common thing.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
It isn't even close. But they have the draft capital to change that next season. But lets not get ahead of ourselves. This is all on paper. Let's see how good Davis actually is. Let's see how much their oft injured rookie LB works out. Or the CB playing opposite Slay. Their D sucked last year. Are they going to make the leap Dallas made? That's not a common thing.
The oft-injured LB I think you're referring to has never missed a college game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Who cares what the Eagles believe in a player they drafted. I only care about what we believe in the players we drafted.