PFT: Emmitt's new word of the week

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EMMITT’S NEW WORD OF THE WEEK

Posted by Mike Florio on December 9, 2008, 12:49 a.m.

After Monday night’s victory by the Panthers over the Buccaneers, ESPN’s Emmitt Smith attempted to explain the subpar performance of the Tampa defense.

Emmitt called it an “amorition.”

We think he meant to say, “aberration.”

Either way, his verbal flub wasn’t an amorition.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
found this... lol

Neologism -made-up words that usually have meaning only to thepatient [e.g., “I am here from a foreign university… and you have tohave a plausity of all acts… it is an amorition law… the children have tohave this accentuative law so they don’t go into the mortite law of thechurch”

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reminds me of the line from a Steve Miller Band song...the Joker

Some people call me Maurice,
'Cause I speak of the pompatus of love.

In an interview he admitted that they made up the word Pompatus.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2476319 said:

Great song nonetheless :D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2476319 said:

LOL

Reminds me of Endagotadavida baby

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;2476347 said:
LOL

Don't know if you know this or not, some do some don't, but it was supposed to be in the garden of eden baby but the guy was so wasted when they recorded it came out like that and they just kept it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2476319 said:

That stinks. Do you know how many times I have tried to find the origin of that? I wore out the Greek, Roman, and Norse mythologies looking for it.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2477257 said:
That stinks. Do you know how many times I have tried to find the origin of that? I wore out the Greek, Roman, and Norse mythologies looking for it.

Well now you know.:D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2477255 said:
Don't know if you know this or not, some do some don't, but it was supposed to be in the garden of eden baby but the guy was so wasted when they recorded it came out like that and they just kept it.

LMAO

Yeah... I knew.... your description is EXACTLY how I heard about it......

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Some people think Emmitt's constant weird words and nonsensical gabbing are cute or done because it's his schtick.

Everyone lese realizes, Emmitt just isn't all that bright, or he took 1 too many hits.

In his playing days, I loved me some Emmitt, and I'm a Skins fan. He was one of the greatest I ever saw run the ball.

As a broadcaster, he's an embarassment to himself. He says **** all the time that leaves you scratching your head wondering what he meant to say.

Sad part is, I don't know if he realizes it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;2476347 said:
LOL

It's actually "IN-A-GADDA-DA-VIDA"
Which the story goes, IF TRUE, Doug Ingle was trying to write a song named "In The Garden of Eden". But was stoned at the time...and the rest is history.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2477637 said:
Some people think Emmitt's constant weird words and nonsensical gabbing are cute or done because it's his schtick.

Everyone lese realizes, Emmitt just isn't all that bright, or he took 1 too many hits.

In his playing days, I loved me some Emmitt, and I'm a Skins fan. He was one of the greatest I ever saw run the ball.

As a broadcaster, he's an embarassment to himself. He says **** all the time that leaves you scratching your head wondering what he meant to say.

the sadder part is he's always wanted to do this

well Emmitt, you got your wish and have made a complete fool of yourself while doing it

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Extreme;2477637 said:

I think he's bright (or at least not stupid). The problem is he is not articulate and his diction needs work. He just doesn't speak very well. He's in the wrong business for sure.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Emmitt Smith has done a great job cleaning his grammar up this year. I don't agree with some of his opinions, but that isn't the point.

The point is this, punks.

Get off Emmitt's case. Your personal attacks are getting old. No matter how much you attack Emmitt Smith, you can't erase all the beat downs he put on the Eagles and Vikings.

Spectre

Reaction score
that dude is a moron.
he's become an embarassment to the Dallas legacy.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
I enjoy his opinions and football knowledge.

The guy is improving every week. If you like to hate on him, I ask you whens the last time you actually watched ESPN Monday Night postgame show?

Thats what I thought. Emmitt > PFT... His segment with steve young is great. :) I like it much more than keyshawns nagging about other teams WRs