News: PFT: Federal judge reinstates Ezekiel Elliott suspension

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Sage3030

Sage3030 Well-Known Member

439 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    I don’t think you get that the NFL said he engaged in physical force against a woman that caused her injuries, on multiple occasions, so they are, in fact, calling him a woman beater.

I know this is the third post of yours I’ve responded with the same thing, but dang man.... at least understand they are definitely calling him a woman beater.

2. Sage3030

Sage3030 Well-Known Member

439 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    I get it, but dang that’s just not reading or understanding what the NFL has actually said about it and trying to make the NFL not look like they are saying he is one.

CowboyStar88 likes this.
  3. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

17,794 Messages
    18,802 Likes Received
    Trust me... He is clueless

4. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Moderator

30,806 Messages
    26,095 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

Trouty and Melonfeud like this.
  5. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.

21,265 Messages
    32,397 Likes Received
    Oh,YA?,,,,have some extra,pal!,,,there's plenty ya know?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

o_O

Mr_C, Trouty, lothos05 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

34,239 Messages
    20,033 Likes Received
    Using physical force doesn’t necessarily define “beating a women”. That could be pushing, shoving, etc.

Yep except failing a drug test doesn’t carry a minimum 6 game suspension.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  7. Diehardblues

34,239 Messages
    20,033 Likes Received
    Did they use those exact words ? Or did they say he was guilty of DV?

8. CowboyStar88

17,794 Messages
    18,802 Likes Received
    Trouty, Ranching and Melonfeud like this.
  9. Diehardblues

34,239 Messages
    20,033 Likes Received
    That’s an article labeling what the NFL was accusing Elliott of . That’s not the NFL words from their official decision nor was his incident ever referenced to as “ women beating” by any of the investigators in the commissioners office.

10. CowboyStar88

17,794 Messages
    18,802 Likes Received
    You are arguing semantics... What else would Domestic Violence be considered?

dallasfan4lizife and Ranching like this.
  11. Diehardblues

34,239 Messages
    20,033 Likes Received
    I’m arguing the specifics in what your interpreting To what was actually said by the NFL officially.

DV is not necessarily defined as “ women beating “. DV can be caused from physical violence without raising a hand to her in what most would describe as beating a women.

12. CowboyStar88

17,794 Messages
    18,802 Likes Received
    I just can't with you man... How do you cause physical violence with out physically touching her? Excluding the use a firearm

dallasfan4lizife and Ranching like this.
  13. Diehardblues

34,239 Messages
    20,033 Likes Received
    I’ve seen large physically strong athletic men cause bruises from grabbing, shoving or pushing a women without ever clinching a fist even a backhand or slap. Ive been around athletes most of my life and have seen my share of DV where they never hit the girl causing much worse bruising than what we saw on Ms Thompson.

14. Bleedblue1111

Bleedblue1111 Well-Known Member

1,553 Messages
    2,677 Likes Received
    Morris and Smith are gonna get carries too. He'll be good for 7-10 points a week though.
    :muttley:

15. Diehardblues

34,239 Messages
    20,033 Likes Received
    I get what your saying but I’m arguing a detail which is important in describing the incident .

Your saying because of the DV suspension he will be labeled a women beater. I get that. I’m just saying that’s not necessarily what DV always defines. There are other forms physical violence without actually beating the women.

From the bruises I saw in the photo Id say he didn’t actually beat her or they’d be much deeper and darker bruises . Those look more like he used brute force in shoving her up against something like a wall or car. I’m not an expert just a broker who sold life insurance and annuities to athletes.

16. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

22,889 Messages
    44,157 Likes Received
    "You used physical force that caused injuries to Ms. Thompson's arms, neck and shoulders."

"You used physical force that caused injuries to Ms. Thompson's face, arms, wrists and hands."

"You used physical force that caused injuries to Ms. Thompson's face, neck, arms knee and hips."

EZEKIEL ELLIOTT ATTACKED GIRLFRIEND 3 TIMES... NFL Says

Ranching and CowboyStar88 like this.
  17. CowboyStar88

17,794 Messages
    18,802 Likes Received
    I've never seen anyone who says/thinks Domestic Violence, and comes to the conclusion he didn't physically beat her. Nobody cares about the details and that is the problem... You realize that opposing fans call him a woman beater now right?

Damage is done

Ranching and Jake like this.
  18. Diehardblues

34,239 Messages
    20,033 Likes Received
    That’s what I’m saying ...they are labeling him a women beater. Of course I understand it. Thats how people often describe a man who causes injury with physical violence . It doesn’t mean he clenched his fist and beat her. But it’s still described as DV if she’s hurt.

Personally I believe he’s guilty of DV but I don’t believe he beat her with his fist. Not from those pics anyway or she would have looked much worse. Those look more like physical violence as I’m trying to describe to you.

Labeling someone a women beater without proven evidence is a lazy uneducated description. Not all men who are guilty of DV are women beaters.

19. Diehardblues

34,239 Messages
    20,033 Likes Received
    I define beating a women as clinching your fist, backhanding or using a blunt instrument or object.

DV is defined as using physical force which might not include beating her but shoving, slamming , pushing or grabbing her.

20. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

17,470 Messages
    37,705 Likes Received
    It’s about people public perception of what the NFL accuses Zeke of.

******** you are dense as a rock.