News: PFT: Federal judge reinstates Ezekiel Elliott suspension

Sage3030

Reaction score
No, you are interpreting that as many others have. They never technically called him that.

DV under the very vague NFL PC Policy allows wide latitude to administer a violation and suspension as agreed upon in the collective bargaining agreement.

You are blind to that which you refuse to see.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To this one, you could committ murder legally if its part of a CBA. He really believes it. But then again so did this last judge.
Which is why my argument is aligned within the collective bargaining agreement and Personal Conduct Policy .

I understand the flaws in this agreement and policy. Not blind to it all but once you recognize it’s intention and wide latitude it allows for the commissioners office to administer punishment its much clearer how they arrived at this decision.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The bigger argument is will the players renogiate this agreement ? What will they be willing to give up? Money.. playing a couple more games a year? You tell me.

If they aren’t willing to bargain to renogiate and the owners are intent on disciplining the players beyond what our Justice system determines then who’s to blame then?

Ultimately the players for their lack or will to sacrafice or give up other bargaining points might continue this Conduct Policy .

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why is the conflict of interest of this judge being swept under the rug? Her husband works for the law firm that negotiated the CBA for the NFL. When she was appointed to her current judgeship she signed an agreement to recuse herself from any case that involved her husbands clients. How is Elliott's case not applicable?

HanD

Reaction score
Why is the conflict of interest of this judge being swept under the rug? Her husband works for the law firm that negotiated the CBA for the NFL. When she was appointed to her current judgeship she signed an agreement to recuse herself from any case that involved her husbands clients. How is Elliott's case not applicable?

i'm sure she'll defend herself by saying he is technically a part of a different branch than the one that wrote the cba. but it stands to reason that her upholding the cba could lead to that same firm getting to write the next cba which would be financially beneficial to him as a partner and as a result to her.

i agree she should have, but legally my guess is she's just far enough away that it won't matter.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Which is why my argument is aligned within the collective bargaining agreement and Personal Conduct Policy .

I understand the flaws in this agreement and policy. Not blind to it all but once you recognize it’s intention and wide latitude it allows for the commissioners office to administer punishment its much clearer how they arrived at this decision.

It is not clearer how he arrived at his decision given the facts of Kia Roberts findings in this case! As the leagues lead investigator. How is that so hard for you to understand? She stated no suspension! She did the investigation!

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
i'm sure she'll defend herself by saying he is technically a part of a different branch than the one that wrote the cba. but it stands to reason that her upholding the cba could lead to that same firm getting to write the next cba which would be financially beneficial to him as a partner and as a result to her.

i agree she should have, but legally my guess is she's just far enough away that it won't matter.

Ding Ding Ding :clap:

His firm will absolutely get the job of crafting the next CBA there is zero doubt about that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is not clearer how he arrived at his decision given the facts of Kia Roberts findings in this case! As the leagues lead investigator. How is that so hard for you to understand? She stated no suspension! She did the investigation!
There was also a panel of 4 investigators who arrived at a unanimous decision which Goodell agreed with.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Tue, Oct 31

The Southern District of New York has denied Ezekiel Elliott's request for an emergency injunction. Elliott is now waiting for a decision from the Second Circuit, something he hopes to receive by 7PM ET Wednesday.

So basically, this is it...right? :huh:

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Stop feeding it.

HanD

Reaction score
There was also a panel of 4 investigators who arrived at a unanimous decision which Goodell agreed with.

and yet none of those 4 investigators ever talked to the alleged victim. which imo is important because it is a he said/ she said case. the bruises cannot be medically time stamped to incriminate him.

HanD

Reaction score
Tue, Oct 31

The Southern District of New York has denied Ezekiel Elliott's request for an emergency injunction. Elliott is now waiting for a decision from the Second Circuit, something he hopes to receive by 7PM ET Wednesday.

basically. if they won't stop the suspension now, by the time he has his actual trial, it will be too late.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and yet none of those 4 investigators ever talked to the alleged victim. which imo is important because it is a he said/ she said case. the bruises cannot be medically time stamped to incriminate him.
True but here again the details and evidence of the criminal case weren’t as vital to the NFL case which basically revolves around the circumstantial evidence against Elliott. That’s all that appears necessary to draw their conclusions unlike a criminal case.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
basically. if they won't stop the suspension now, by the time he has his actual trial, it will be too late.
I understand and respect his pursuit to fight for his due process but unfortunately it’s probably for not.

The bottom line for me is how it affects the Cowboys. I felt we would have been better off taking the 6 game suspension initially. I’m not sure our record would be any worse .. maybe 3-4. But now we’re headed into some crucial and much tougher stretch which could determine our playoff hopes. I certainly hate to be without him until Dec 17th.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I understand and respect his pursuit to fight for his due process but unfortunately it’s probably for not.

The bottom line for me is how it affects the Cowboys. I felt we would have been better off taking the 6 game suspension initially. I’m not sure our record would be any worse .. maybe 3-4. But now we’re headed into some crucial and much tougher stretch which could determine our playoff hopes. I certainly hate to be without him until Dec 17th.

As a fan, I agree with you in that I'd rather just have taken it to start the season. But if I'm Zeke and I don't think I'm guilty I fight it, too. The odds were always against him prevailing, unfortunately.

HanD

Reaction score
True but here again the details and evidence of the criminal case weren’t as vital to the NFL case which basically revolves around the circumstantial evidence against Elliott. That’s all that appears necessary to draw their conclusions unlike a criminal case.

i agree. the problem is that circumstantial evidence is sometimes enough and sometimes not enough for a suspension based on their whim and what player is involved. more consistency and transparency and this whole power thing isn't as big of an issue. it's the lack of reasoning behind decisions, lack of transparency and randomness that irks most people imo.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Tue, Oct 31

No. Before Elliott can appeal to CA2 (which is the court above Failla), they have to appeal to Failla first. So, as stupid as it sounds, they got Failla's ruling on Monday night and then had to file an appeal with her, essentially asking her to change her mind in the span of 24 hours, before they can move one step up.

Tuesday's denial was simply Failla refusing to change her mind. She even said so in her Tuesday ruling: "For the Court to grant the NFLPA's motion for a stay at this stage would in effect be to reverse its decision of last night."

So now they go to the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals, which has the authority to overrule Failla.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

And not a SINGLE one did the investigation... Why have an investigator if you're not going to follow what they are saying?

You are so dense

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And not a SINGLE one did the investigation... Why have an investigator if you're not going to follow what they are saying?

You are so dense
If your only going to follow the lead investigator why have a panel of 4 investigators ?

And I’m not going to respond to your Childish personal insults.