News: PFT: Federal judge reinstates Ezekiel Elliott suspension

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
If your only going to follow the lead investigator why have a panel of 4 investigators ?

And I’m not going to respond to your Childish personal insults.

Did you bother to read what the "Panel" of 4 said?

This was your stupid argument a couple of months ago. You continue to run your mouth over this acting like they acted in good faith when they did not. You repeat the same BS dribble over and over again. *IF* you actually took the time to read the reports by all parties, including the ONLY investigator (Kia Roberts) to interview ALL parties you will see they (Goodell, Friel, your Panel of 4, Henderson) did not ACT in good faith on what was discovered.

Moving onto the appeal with Henderson which lead to the Fundamental UNFAIRNESS that was levied against Zeke.

You can continue acting the NFL did nothing wrong, but you look FOOLISH.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score

This was your stupid argument a couple of months ago. You continue to run your mouth over this acting like they acted in good faith when they did not. You repeat the same BS dribble over and over again. *IF* you actually took the time to read the reports by all parties, including the ONLY investigator (Kia Roberts) to interview ALL parties you will see they (Goodell, Friel, your Panel of 4, Henderson) did not ACT in good faith on what was discovered.

Moving onto the appeal with Henderson which lead to the Fundamental UNFAIRNESS that was levied against Zeke.

stop responding to him. this whole thread devolved into petty semantics. he was wrong the entire time but couldn't admit it. please stop feeding the troll.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I’ve aligned myself with the NFL ruling. If it holds up in court I’m going to be on the right side of history as I’ve claimed to be from the beginning.

Your certainly entitled to align yourself on the losing side of the decision which is noble but won’t help the Cowboys while Elliot is sitting out 6 games.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If your only going to follow the lead investigator why have a panel of 4 investigators ?

And I’m not going to respond to your Childish personal insults.

Please stop trolling and lying. You know that the panel was not made of people who investigated the case.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
stop responding to him. this whole thread devolved into petty semantics. he was wrong the entire time but couldn't admit it. please stop feeding the troll.
Wrong about what? That Elliott suspension will hold up which has been my position . I’ve never claimed he was criminally guilty of DV only guilty of violating the NFL Personal Conduct Policy .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Please stop trolling and lying. You know that the panel was not made of people who investigated the case.
They weren’t the lead investigator. That’s my understanding and interpretation based on the NFL statement and commissioners ruling.

Last edited:

MeTed

Reaction score
True but here again the details and evidence of the criminal case weren’t as vital to the NFL case which basically revolves around the circumstantial evidence against Elliott. That’s all that appears necessary to draw their conclusions unlike a criminal case.

From the PCP:
"Discipline – A player violates this policy when he has a disposition of a criminal proceeding (as defined), or if the league’s investigation demonstrates that he engaged in conduct prohibited by the Personal Conduct Policy. In cases where a player is not charged with a crime, or is charged but not convicted, he may still be found to have violated the Policy if the credible evidence establishes that he engaged in conduct prohibited by this Personal Conduct Policy."

Credible being the major point of contention.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No. Before Elliott can appeal to CA2 (which is the court above Failla), they have to appeal to Failla first. So, as stupid as it sounds, they got Failla's ruling on Monday night and then had to file an appeal with her, essentially asking her to change her mind in the span of 24 hours, before they can move one step up.

Tuesday's denial was simply Failla refusing to change her mind. She even said so in her Tuesday ruling: "For the Court to grant the NFLPA's motion for a stay at this stage would in effect be to reverse its decision of last night."

So now they go to the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals, which has the authority to overrule Failla.
Most Judges agree with granting an Injunction due to irreparable harm

Finding 2 out of 3 might not be that long of a shot..... depends on if they use the standard of winning the case or not....... we know he won't win with Failia but he may win with the CA2....... CA5 had no problem overruling Mazzant

Diehardblues

Reaction score
From the PCP:
"Discipline – A player violates this policy when he has a disposition of a criminal proceeding (as defined), or if the league’s investigation demonstrates that he engaged in conduct prohibited by the Personal Conduct Policy. In cases where a player is not charged with a crime, or is charged but not convicted, he may still be found to have violated the Policy if the credible evidence establishes that he engaged in conduct prohibited by this Personal Conduct Policy."

True, “ credible” is defintely subjective and can be argued as it has been.

Personally I’ve agreed with the NFL decision and makes my support of it an unpopular argument on some fronts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m in support of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy for its a mechanism in place to discipline players where our Justice system falls short in prosecuting our star athletes which would otherwise get off totally from their inappropriate behavior on and off the field.

I’m also in support of the drug suspensions and any conduct detrimental to the league. I’m just sorry the league stops short in kickin their butts totally out of the league.

But that’s where the owners want their cake and eating it. They want this hoodlum type talent and this PC Policy is there way of allowing it to continue playing by offering a perception they are being tough.

The NFL would be just fine without this 1% of problem athletes we only tolerate because of their talent. If we started kicking them out instead of these suspensions it would send a greater message to all.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
True, “ credible” is defintely subjective and can be argued as it has been.

Personally I’ve agreed with the NFL decision and makes my support of it an unpopular argument on some fronts.
Your whole argument was bunk in Texas........ you just found a loony judge that admittedly went against everyone else in denying the injunction...... even the first judge Crotty blew your "winning" side out of the water

Stop acting like you discovered America

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
From the PCP:

/thread

Diehardblues goes down in flames

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Your whole argument was bunk in Texas........ you just found a loony judge that admittedly went against everyone else in denying the injunction...... even the first judge Crotty blew your "winning" side out of the water

Not loony brother.. Just her husband has personal interests at stake ;)

Diehardblues

Reaction score

We shall see. The verdict isn’t in yet but I have a pretty good hunch how it’s going to end. How bout you.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We shall see. The verdict isn’t in yet but I have a pretty good hunch how it’s going to end. How bout you.
I have no clue.......either do you........it is the judge lottery

You didn't bet on Crotty or Mazzant siding 100% with Zeke ......... I know I didn't see you peacocking around here

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I’m in support of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy for its a mechanism in place to discipline players where our Justice system falls short in prosecuting our star athletes which would otherwise get off totally from their inappropriate behavior on and off the field.

I’m also in support of the drug suspensions and any conduct detrimental to the league. I’m just sorry the league stops short in kickin their butts totally out of the league.

But that’s where the owners want their cake and eating it. They want this hoodlum type talent and this PC Policy is there way of allowing it to continue playing by offering a perception they are being tough.

The NFL would be just fine without this 1% of problem athletes we only tolerate because of their talent. If we started kicking them out instead of these suspensions it would send a greater message to all.
You seem to be upset you arent on the same level financially and want stiffer punishments because of it. Jealousy is a bad trait to have that imo is a gateway to worse behavior. You should really work on that before that other behavior creeps up in your life if it hasn't already done so.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I have no clue.......either do you........it is the judge lottery

You didn't bet on Crotty or Mazzant siding 100% with Zeke ......... I know I didn't see you peacocking around here

Of course he wasn't.. He disappeared AFTER Mazzant's ruling...

Also don't forget the 5th circuit also DID side with Mazzant on the Fundamental Fairness portion. But they ruled against the NFLPA for filing early.

So now we have what 2 Federal Judges who sided with the NFLPA and the 5th who did acknowledge the fundamental fairness portion.

Yet the NFL gets the Judge whose Husband helped write the CBA and ruled against the NFLPA, so now that poster is "justified" lol

His opinion is about as whacked as the handling of this ENTIRE case against Zeke. Makes sense why he believes he is right.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Of course he wasn't.. He disappeared AFTER Mazzant's ruling...

Also don't forget the 5th circuit also DID side with Mazzant on the Fundamental Fairness portion. But they ruled against the NFLPA for filing early.

So now we have what 2 Federal Judges who sided with the NFLPA and the 5th who did acknowledge the fundamental fairness portion.

Yet the NFL gets the Judge whose Husband helped write the CBA and ruled against the NFLPA, so now that poster is "justified" lol

His opinion is about as whacked as the handling of this ENTIRE case against Zeke. Makes sense why he believes he is right.
this is key to keep in mind when comparing rulings from 5CA to the upcoming 2CA

one was argued on jurisdiction (5CA), the next (2CA) hearing will be argued on irrep. harm / granting PI

unfortunately Brady precedent is binding in 2CA, but imo fundamental fairness and irrep harm is more relevant in Zeke's case

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You seem to be upset you arent on the same level financially and want stiffer punishments because of it. Jealousy is a bad trait to have that imo is a gateway to worse behavior. You should really work on that before that other behavior creeps up in your life if it hasn't already done so.
No, I’m financial secure . Retired .

Just tired of the thuggish culture in the NFL.