News: PFT: Federal judge reinstates Ezekiel Elliott suspension

canters

Reaction score
Meanwhile, back at the ranch: Zeke is still suspended. The merits of this decision from Roger G. are is dispute. We all know this.

The first media reports said Zeke’s team asked for a decision from the appeals court by end of business yesterday, and there was no decision. Is my understanding of the timeline correct?

Thomas82

Reaction score
Meanwhile, back at the ranch: Zeke is still suspended. The merits of this decision from Roger G. are is dispute. We all know this.

The first media reports said Zeke’s team asked for a decision from the appeals court by end of business yesterday, and there was no decision. Is my understanding of the timeline correct?

That's what it looks like.....and the court is supposed to be closed today and tomorrow.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The NFL is a business not a court of law.

If you don’t like the Policy then you don’t have to work for the NFL or fight the decision legally.

Not all company policy violations are breaking the law but still subject to disciplinary action.
Yes, it's true the NFL is a business. But it is one unlike most other businesses in that it is effectively a legalized monopoly. So, it should and must submit to a higher set of legal standards and cannot just willy-nilly black list players however it sees fit. It is a privilege to play in the NFL, but it is also a privilege to be the NFL in this country.

There is no other competition Zeke could go to that could use his skills and compensate him accordingly.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He also makes 32 owners billions of dollars......................if you want to get rid of Goddell, all you have to do is convince 24 of them to vote him out.

You think there are 24 owners ready to vote him out?
If you can believe these reports there are 17 that don't care for him. That is sizeable.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If you can believe these reports there are 17 that don't care for him. That is sizeable.

Agreed.

I also don’t particularly buy the whole “Goodell makes the nfl billions of dollars” argument.

The NFL was trending way up before Goodell took over as commissioner. I haven’t see much that Goodell is solely responsible for that has led to
The nfl’s Current popularity.

I have seen a lot of black eyes and drama and off the field Stuff that has negatively impacted the NFL, happen over and over again while on his watch and still happening currently.

I don’t think Goodell is the only person that could help the nfl make huge profits as commissioner. There are plenty of other very talented individuals who could do the same for 50 million a year, like scumbag Roger makes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, it's true the NFL is a business. But it is one unlike most other businesses in that it is effectively a legalized monopoly. So, it should and must submit to a higher set of legal standards and cannot just willy-nilly black list players however it sees fit. It is a privilege to play in the NFL, but it is also a privilege to be the NFL in this country.

There is no other competition Zeke could go to that could use his skills and compensate him accordingly.
Sure, he could go to Canada in the CFL. They can smoke pot up there too.

That’s right . It is a privilege not a right to play in the NFL where for a few years sacrifices will set you up for life financially .Only about 10% of NCAA players make it in the NFL. The league can certainly make it without this problem 1%.

It’s why the rest of the 99% who follow the rules aren’t going to give anything up to protect them. Why should they?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
You guys just don’t get how turned off we are with it. There’s no place for it sports beating your women like it’s talked about in your hip hop thuggish culture .But this generation supports and promotes it. Sad

If this is the future of the NFL we wonder why ratings are falling and so many are turned off by it. Much more needs to be done to clean it up.

It’s why my uncle who played was so turned off by the NFL and only watched College Football the last years of his life. I finally get it.
You are “out of touch” in an extreme way. Misinformed as well.

Your use of the word sad is revealing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed.

I also don’t particularly buy the whole “Goodell makes the nfl billions of dollars” argument.

The NFL was trending way up before Goodell took over as commissioner. I haven’t see much that Goodell is solely responsible for that has led to
The nfl’s Current popularity.

I have seen a lot of black eyes and drama and off the field Stuff that has negatively impacted the NFL, happen over and over again while on his watch and still happening currently.

I don’t think Goodell is the only person that could help the nfl make huge profits as commissioner. There are plenty of other very talented individuals who could do the same for 50 million a year, like scumbag Roger makes.
The NFL owners need a buffer or hatchet man to be hard lined with players because they certainly don’t want to be hated like the Commissioner is.

The NFL has always felt they need a lawyer type as Commish. I’m leaning to they might need now more of a Federal Prosecutor or DA , maybe a Warden to run ramshot over the league to finally clean it up before the league goes in the crapper.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Giving credit to Roger the Clown for NFL profits increasing is laughable. They could have appointed a monkey to be the commissioner and had the same results. He had nothing to do with with the NFL's success but he is clearly power hungry. Dude's got to go. He's now losing favor of the NFL sponsors like Papa Johns Pizza. I hope Zeke never gives up his fight to undo what the Clown has done to him.

lukin2006

Reaction score
The problem as I see it is the players are trying fight the NFL through the courts ... the courts are not the players friends???

The players need to fire there UNION ASAP....

When the current agreement expires don't agree to such a ludicrous system for discipline...

Hire a Union person from the major league baseball union to run the NFLPA.

It's obvious to an observer that the NFLPA is terrible currently...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You are “out of touch” in an extreme way. Misinformed as well.
I’m defintely out of touch with the Hip Hop crowd but I see the culture it’s creating and influencing. I’m sure there is some that follow it which aren’t as influenced just like growing up in the 60’s we all weren’t hippies and abusing drugs.

But sports this era certainly appears to be reflective of the current culture much like we were and if this beatin on women, thuggish culture is part of it I’m not down with it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Giving credit to Roger the Clown for NFL profits increasing is laughable. They could have appointed a monkey to be the commissioner and had the same results. He had nothing to do with with the NFL's success but he is clearly power hungry. Dude's got to go. He's now losing favor of the NFL sponsors like Papa Johns Pizza. I hope Zeke never gives up his fight to undo what the Clown has done to him.
You can’t blame Goodell for the sudden downturn if your not going to give him some credit for the growth.

It’s like blaming Jerry for the last 20 years but not giving some credit for the early success.

Goodell has helped guide the NFL owners thru a turbulent and flourishing time unlike the NFL has seen before.

The leagues biggest fears are lawsuits and legislation against them. It’s all about the politics, protecting and promoting the shield and why when fans say they don’t want it in the league it’s already there.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Sure, he could go to Canada in the CFL. They can smoke pot up there too.

That’s right . It is a privilege not a right to play in the NFL where for a few years sacrifices will set you up for life financially .Only about 10% of NCAA players make it in the NFL. The league can certainly make it without this problem 1%.

It’s why the rest of the 99% who follow the rules aren’t going to give anything up to protect them. Why should they?
The CFL is not a competitor with the NFL. It's effectively a fallback for players who can't make it in the NFL. It's not a legitimate rebuttal to the competitive argument that was posed.

Zeke didn't break any rules of the NFL. He wasn't even charged with breaking the law. He's a rectification for a PR campaign and the NFL's own errors with respect to it, and possibly also the pawn in a power play between owners.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The CFL is not a competitor with the NFL. It's effectively a fallback for players who can't make it in the NFL. It's not a legitimate rebuttal to the competitive argument that was posed.

Zeke didn't break any rules of the NFL. He wasn't even charged with breaking the law. He's a rectification for a PR campaign and the NFL's own errors with respect to it, and possibly also the pawn in a power play between owners.
Of course he did. He violated Personal Conduct Policy .

Company’s are allowed to set their own policies and discipline accordingly . Laws don’t have to be broken.

You asked where else could he go play . This notion because he’s talented enough to play in the NFL guarantees him entry is the core of the issue here. It absolutely does not. But it’s been the standard and basis how we end up tolerating these type of characters. Because of their talent which apparently gives them a pass. I’m one of those fans who refuses to accept that. My argument is we can flourish without this talent .

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You can’t blame Goodell for the sudden downturn if your not going to give him some credit for the growth.

It’s like blaming Jerry for the last 20 years but not giving some credit for the early success.

Goodell has helped guide the NFL owners thru a turbulent and flourishing time unlike the NFL has seen before.

The leagues biggest fears are lawsuits and legislation against them. It’s all about the politics, protecting and promoting the shield and why when fans say they don’t want it in the league it’s already there.
Jerry hired Jimmy. Goodell inherited the league from Rozelle who actually did something positive for the league.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

You don't get to tell me what I can and can not do. Roger the Clown has got to go!!!!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Of course he did. He violated Personal Conduct Policy .

Company’s are allowed to set their own policies and discipline accordingly . Laws don’t have to be broken.
According to the legalized monopoly and not the evidence presented.

He allegedly "violated" the PCP based on DV charges that couldn't stand up at all in court. That couldn't even stand up to the lead arbitrator that the NFL hired. The only reason the NFL has any legal claim in this case is due to "process" as outlined in the CBA.