News: PFT: Federal judge reinstates Ezekiel Elliott suspension

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Of course he did. He violated Personal Conduct Policy .

Company’s are allowed to set their own policies and discipline accordingly . Laws don’t have to be broken.

You asked where else could he go play . This notion because he’s talented enough to play in the NFL guarantees him entry is the core of the issue here. It absolutely does not. But it’s been the standard and basis how we end up tolerating these type of characters. Because of their talent which apparently gives them a pass. I’m one of those fans who refuses to accept that. My argument is we can flourish without this talent .
There's no evidence that he did and a court ruled as such.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You don't get to tell me what I can and can not do. Roger the Clown has got to go!!!!
Of course he can . Every employer can tell what you can and cannot do.

We’ll see how much you like the next Warden.

erod

Reaction score
He also makes 32 owners billions of dollars......................if you want to get rid of Goddell, all you have to do is convince 24 of them to vote him out.

You think there are 24 owners ready to vote him out?

He doesn't have to be voted out. His contract ends in a little more than a year.

When 17 owners are meeting behind your back, and behind the backs of the other 15 owners, you aren't in a good place.

erod

Reaction score
It’s been easy for me to align with the NFL decision as I believe he did get physical with her. I’m not saying he beat her but I don’t for one second believe he’s innocent.

While it wasn’t a strong enough case to prosecute I believe there was enough evidence to find he violated the Personal Conduct Policy.

And besides some overly zealous Cowboy fans I believe most NFL fans ( at least I’ve talked to)feel while he might been getting a raw deal he Isn’t totally innocent.

The owners and players union gave Goodell this power and besides Jerry’s whining I haven’t heard from any other owners complaining about Goodell going too far.

Sure this policy was a reaction to the Rice debacle and I’m happy about it because otherwise these players would get away with it.

While I applaud the NFL owners for this policy , it doesn’t go far enough. Elliott had bad history at Ohio St. Jerry knew about it and took a chance anyway just like he did with Gregory. Wouldn’t be a bit surprised if Elliott slips up again and then will be booted. I sincerely hope we don’t resign Elliott to a second contract.

If the NFL starts banning these type of players then owners like Jerry will stop taking risk on them. It’s such a small percentage about 1%. We don’t need them for the league to flourish.

We need a Commissioner to be even tougher and ruthless than Goodell. Really clean the league up like the owners said was their intention. But the owners want this thug talent so they continue walking this tightrope while attempting to provide a perception they care but only to satisfy the money trail. Hypocrisy!!

That's all fine, but explain Jarvis Landry. He got off scott free.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There's no evidence that he did and a court ruled as such.
No, the court only ruled an injunction it was possibly an unfair decision . There’s been no ruling on if he actually did violate the policy . That’s still to be determined if the next appeal is granted. If not, the suspension stands.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not interested or familiar with his case. Is that the Giants punter? I really don’t follow other teams players like I do Dallas. I couldn’t offer an opinion and I’m certainly not vested enough to even care to be honest with you Erod .

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Of course he can . Every employer can tell what you can and cannot do.

We’ll see how much you like the next Warden.
Reading is fundamental. :) I said nothing about the employer-employee relationship. However, your wise crack about the "next warden" was a good tip of the hat to Bob McNair's comment about the inmates running the prison.

IheartRomo

Reaction score

Precisely my complaint as well. Everyone and their mother understands that Zeke is paying for the Ray Rice and Josh Brown catastrophes. The NFL finally had the accusation of a top flight player on a premier team to bolster their PR stance. They decided long, long, long before looking into a shred of evidence that he was going to be their DV golden goose.

The evidence is simply not there to label someone a domestic abuser. It's at least as likely that nothing happened as it is that something did, based on the wild inconsistencies and downright lying displayed by the accuser. Only Zeke and her know what really happened - the NFL CERTAINLY does not, based off the evidence in their report. And yet, their golden goose was to be had regardless.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
I’m not interested or familiar with his case. Is that the Giants punter? I really don’t follow other teams players like I do Dallas. I couldn’t offer an opinion and I’m certainly not vested enough to even care to be honest with you Erod .

Jarvis Landry is Miami's top receiver. He hit his girlfriend this summer, and also got a DWI.

His punishment? Nothing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He doesn't have to be voted out. His contract ends in a little more than a year.

When 17 owners are meeting behind your back, and behind the backs of the other 15 owners, you aren't in a good place.
I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in a new Commish.

Let’s abolish the Conduct Policy . And allow pot smoking too. Who knows , NFL might attract new sponsors like Smith and Wesson and Zig Zag, go to PPV or HBO and only allow admittance to games over 17 years of age unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian giving out Bongs at the door. It might reach that 25 billion.

You’ll find me at the nearest College stadium on Saturday and at the golf course on Sunday.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jarvis Landry is Miami's top receiver. He hit his girlfriend this summer, and also got a DWI.

His punishment? Nothing.
Obviously I know nothing about it. Sorry

Probably as interested as the rest of the leagues fans are in Elliott.

erod

Reaction score

That's the entire problem here. Ray Rice gets two games for dragging his girlfriend into an elevator by the hair and closed-handed fist knocking her out cold. Other guys that have been accused of doing the same thing have gotten anywhere from nothing to a fine to a small suspensions.

Zeke gets the hammer when the NFL league investigator says the girl is not credible and the police filed no charges.

Landry ADMITS to his incident, then gets a DWI, and.....he gets nothing.

Fundamental fairness is absolutely not being applied here. I don't have a problem with the suspension if it's the policy across the board. But that policy has no basis of consistency at all.

Then, you factor in that this latest judge is the wife of the man who WROTE the CBA, on top of the fact that the Lisa Friel chose to ignore her investigator's findings and happens to be a NY Giants season-ticket holder with Giants stuff all over her house.....

The whole thing smells.

erod

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in a new Commish.

Let’s abolish the Conduct Policy . And allow pot smoking too. Who knows , NFL might attract new sponsors like Smith and Wesson and Zig Zag, go to PPV or HBO and only allow admittance to games over 17 years of age unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian giving out Bongs at the door. It might reach that 25 billion.

You’ll find me at the nearest College stadium on Saturday and at the golf course on Sunday.

There's no doubt in my mind that the NFL has now begun a slow death spiral. It'll be gone as we know it in 10-15 years. It'll become like UFC or X games.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’m defintely out of touch with the Hip Hop crowd but I see the culture it’s creating and influencing. I’m sure there is some that follow it which aren’t as influenced just like growing up in the 60’s we all weren’t hippies and abusing drugs.

But sports this era certainly appears to be reflective of the current culture much like we were and if this beatin on women, thuggish culture is part of it I’m not down with it.
1. It’s unproven and imo unlikely Zeke beat this woman.
2. What evidence do you have that this is part of whatever culture you’re inferring? Ray Rice is one who we know did. Is he, one man, evidence that there is a culture that promotes “beatin” on woman?

Oh there’s Josh Brown too. An admitted woman beater. He defines “thug”.

Wouldn’t you agree?

It’s quite possible you should’ve participated in the hippie drug culture. You may have been enlightened and I believe you need some enlightening.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Well before making these statements you should familiarize yourself with other similar cases. This couldn’t reveal an inconsistent pattern to you. Helping you gain some perspective on this case.

Read @erod ‘s reply. He sums it up well.

Fundamental fairness is part of the collective bargaining agreement.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Well before making these statements you should familiarize yourself with other similar cases. This couldn’t reveal an inconsistent pattern to you. Helping you gain some perspective on this case.

Read @erod ‘s reply. He sums it up well.

Fundamental fairness is part of the collective bargaining agreement.

He’s a moron don’t bother look at his posting history.. aligning himself with Goodell like this is a political battle

erod

Reaction score

Probably as interested as the rest of the leagues fans are in Elliott.

Let me add one more example.

New York Giants kicker Josh Brown beat his wife terribly for years and years and years. Fully admitted to it.

Lisa Friel gave him a one-game suspension.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Let me add one more example.

New York Giants kicker Josh Brown beat his wife terribly for years and years and years. Fully admitted to it.

Lisa Friel gave him a one-game suspension.

Stop trying to educated that person... Not gonna happen. You’re wasting your time

erod

Reaction score
Stop trying to educated that person... Not gonna happen. You’re wasting your time

Nah, he's perfectly reasonable. We don't agree on anything politically, but he's always a fair debate on these things.

He's not wrong on this fundamentally because the suspension is justified IF the league was consistent on these matters. They aren't, so it isn't.