PFT: Goodell could slap Pac

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 12, 2008, 10:10 a.m.
Despite Cowboys owner Jerry Jones’ contention that such talk is “ridiculous,” a suspension for cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones could come this week.
Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is studying the facts surrounding Pacman’s fight in a hotel restroom last week, and a suspension is still a possibility.
Schefter notes that when Goodell reinstated Pacman, he said Pacman would need to “conduct himself in a lawful and reliable manner” to stay in the league’s good graces. And while the absence of criminal charges against Pacman could serve as evidence that he’s remained “lawful,” the fact that some type of incident did occur calls into question whether he’s remained “reliable.”
Schefter reports that Pacman isn’t in danger of being suspended for the rest of the season, but that a one-game suspension is definitely possible. Goodell could make his decision by Tuesday.

If this happens, I'm OK with it because I'm greedy. Give us back our 6th and throw in a 5th while your at it Mr. Fisher :D . Jerry is doing the right thing by letting the league handle this and not jeopardizing our possible extra picks.

A one game suspension will emphasize the importance of low key/staying out of the spotlight situation that the Pac has put hmiself into.

nflandbooze

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I could live with that too. A 1 game suspension, and a 5th round pick that could be potentially used in some sort of trade package later? Works for me.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AJ has made his amends to the team meeting with the entire team without coaches and meeting one on one with Bradie James. He's been notified he will lose his team support if he continues with this stuff. FWIW, he's told them it won't happen again.

He's had his best week of practice since being here and is ready to start today.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Next week would be a great week to have him serve it too. The Lambs.

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2326924 said:
Next week would be a great week to have him serve it too. The Lambs.

I agree, better them then a divisional game against the Giants.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wait......

So if Pac gets suspended we get a 5th round pick?

diekrazy

Reaction score
Maybe this whole ordeal was just made up by the Joneses to give us the draft pick back while we still get to keep Pac......hmmmmmm

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i believe if the league has to take disciplinary action against pac man and suspend him, then we get a 5th round pick. Although, I thought the suspension had to be a certain number of games, not just 1.

If the number of games doesn't matter, this was a shrewd move by Pac and Jerry. What a way to weasel a pic from the Titans.........

BRILLIANT

nflandbooze

Reaction score
CATCH17;2326933 said:
Wait......

So if Pac gets suspended we get a 5th round pick?

Yeah. I believe part of the deal with the Titans was that if Pac was resuspended, the Cowboys get a 5th from TN.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
jobberone;2326921 said:
AJ has made his amends to the team meeting with the entire team without coaches and meeting one on one with Bradie James. He's been notified he will lose his team support if he continues with this stuff. FWIW, he's told them it won't happen again.

He's had his best week of practice since being here and is ready to start today.

Thanks,
This is the first I've heard of this but I like it. Make yourself accountable to your teammates Pac, don't let them down and lose their support.

Oh yeah Pac, can you also catch those INTs that are going through your hands, Mr. I can catch punts with 5 balls in my hands/arms. :banghead:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Freaking love Goodell...

Pacman has to conduct himself in a "lawful and reliable manner." Let's throw a condition in there that there is no way to objectively define. I heard Pacman didn't pay his cable bill last month. He's not reliable. SUSPEND HIM!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
nflandbooze;2326939 said:
Yeah. I believe part of the deal with the Titans was that if Pac was resuspended, the Cowboys get a 5th from TN.

Do the right thing Roger!

Suspend him vs the Rams lol

Big Dakota

Reaction score
If i thought a 1 game suspension would knock some sense into him I'd be happy, but alas, I'm afraid the kid is a lost cause. I would like to get some picks back and like you guys say, the Rams game is an absolute perfect time.

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
A one game suspension wont change him in my opinion. Hes been one way for so long, unless he gets an exorcism, or is forced to live in the cold mountains of Siberia for 40 days he may change.

I personally believe he is a ticking time bomb, and will end up kicked out of the league within the year.

Hailmary

Reaction score
So can someone clarify the draft situation w/ a suspension vs. the draft situation without the suspension?

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
CATCH17;2326944 said:
Do the right thing Roger!

Suspend him vs the Rams lol
:lmao2::hammer:

We would be the 1st team ever to be rewarded with a draft pick for having a player get suspended. :D

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Hailmary;2326960 said:
So can someone clarify the draft situation w/ a suspension vs. the draft situation without the suspension?

We will lose a 6th round pick if he makes it through the year suspension free.

If he is suspended, we regain our 6th and Tenn. has to cough up a 5th rounder.

This is a poss. 2 pick swing in our favor. Ride the pine Pac for the Ram's game.

( I'm a greedy little ******* )

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
dueyhemlock;2326941 said:
Thanks,
This is the first I've heard of this but I like it. Make yourself accountable to your teammates Pac, don't let them down and lose their support.

Oh yeah Pac, can you also catch those INTs that are going through your hands, Mr. I can catch punts with 5 balls in my hands/arms. :banghead:

EXACTLY duey... Furthermore, I hope he catches fire in the secondary today to lay this incident to rest...

CLASSIC
:hammer:

juck

Reaction score
Schefter the mouse is guessing totally,he has no clue.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
i got no issue , if this happens against the rams & we get a 5th rounder back.