PFT implies Watson punishment should be no more than Jerry, Kraft or Sydner

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It seems to me that only the Commissioner's Office is privy to deciding their special version of justice. It appears more a set of organizational rules than a legally recognized set of laws, set by a federal or state governmental court, imho. I'm assuming they hire organizational lawyers to determine what's appropriate and what isn't. Whether it's fair or not seems very debatable. Evidently, the NFL owners have favoritisms granted that the players lack.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Even if it's true that he forcefully touched some of them? That's just harassment?
But see that's just it, from what florio reported, at the actual hearing it was not reported there was any FORCE used by watson.

Haimerej

Reaction score
But see that's just it, from what florio reported, at the actual hearing it was not reported there was any FORCE used by watson.

True. Do you believe if he intentionally touched them it was a use of force?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I really don't know. I'm not sure I'd call it forceful. But that's the reason I brough up flashers in a previous post. You get arrested for that.
Watson., but facts matter here. He was getting a massage and it is not uncommon for people to be nude with a towel when getting a massage......lots different than say, being nude at a public pool.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Right. I was using that term for lack of a better description of what he was doing. In fact, in many states the act itself isn't illegal, but it is illegal for the workplace to allow it to continue.

It can also be illegal outside the workplace if it's two employees. But like I said, I have no idea how the league will treat this. I'm going with the conduct policy.
The personal conduct policy is where the league is placing all their eggs because it is so vague.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Watson., but facts matter here. He was getting a massage and it is not uncommon for people to be nude with a towel when getting a massage......lots different than say, being nude at a public pool.

There's also the very real matter of men becoming aroused getting them. It's all about what he does though.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
True. Do you believe if he intentionally touched them it was a use of force?
Again, facts matter. I had 1 couple massage with my wife many years ago. Im on my back and that massage had to be within an inch or two of my manhood. If I had moved, she'd have touched me. That would not be use of force.

Haimerej

Reaction score
What about a nude beach? It's common to be nude there. Does that mean someone can bump into you in the bathroom line or hot dog stand?

Haimerej

Reaction score
Again, facts matter. I had 1 couple massage with my wife many years ago. Im on my back and that massage had to be within an inch or two of my manhood. If I had moved, she'd have touched me. That would not be use of force.

Agreed. But let's say you're on your back, you've been making comments, and when she's on your thigh you turn your hips and get her hand. That's closer to what's being alleged.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Which illustrates you really don’t care if Watson violates the Personal Conduct a policy or is libel in these cases .

It’s just about arguing with me . Which again pretty well discredits your position . Such a mature and responsible stance to take from a former acclaimed law student.
Diehard, there is nobody in this entire forum that wants to argue with you.

Flamma

Reaction score

Yes, the setting is different. You can also be nude under a hospital gown, that doesn't mean the nurse expects to be slapped by your flesh puppet.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yes, the setting is different. You can also be nude under a hospital gown, that doesn't mean the nurse expects to be slapped by your flesh puppet.

Yep, the rule of thumb is to keep our noses clean and not be sexual predators! It's a shame how so many jackasses don't do that. o_O

kskboys

Reaction score
It seems to me that only the Commissioner's Office is privy to deciding their special version of justice. It appears more a set of organizational rules than a legally recognized set of laws, set by a federal or state governmental court, imho. I'm assuming they hire organizational lawyers to determine what's appropriate and what isn't. Whether it's fair or not seems very debatable. Evidently, the NFL owners have favoritisms granted that the players lack.
Of course, just like every employer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The personal conduct policy is where the league is placing all their eggs because it is so vague.
And that’s how many Company Policies are stated. They reserve the right to make judgement in their best interest.

I applaud the NFL’s PCP or we’d have many more of these jocks out there pushing boundaries knowing that unless they’re in jail being convicted of a crime they can play. Screw the team and other players, coaches , the franchise & leagues image and all the networks , sponsors and fans .

I think ultimately it would take a toll with all of the bad publicity. We’d have sponsors pull out which could have an impact on Networks. The fallout over time could be impactful.

God forbid it didn’t become bad enough that Congress might get involved threatening the leagues Anti Trust status of non profitable and monopoly on TV contracts which is the leagues biggest concern.

As always follow the money trail . This isn’t about the leagues concern over anything else . If they believed that there wouldn’t be any impact with the public perception and the potential fallouts financially they wouldn’t care one bit.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep, the rule of thumb is to keep our noses clean and not be sexual predators! It's a shame how so many jackasses don't do that. o_O
These athletes , some I call super jocks, have lived a very privileged life . Most prob since high school . Where they got away with most everything just because of their talent . Unfortunately some continue this to criminal activity .

kskboys

Reaction score
Don't like having your opinion challenged I see. It's only cryptic because you don't get it. I think that is funny.
I see you can't stay away and your only defense is personal insult attempts. You're right, funny. Sadly funny, but funny. Now go away, adults are discussing stuff.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I see you can't stay away and your only defense is personal insult attempts. You're right, funny. Sadly funny, but funny. Now go away, adults are discussing stuff.

Please point out the insult. For example you are attempting to insult me by calling me a child. All I am reading is the reinforcement of my observation about you not liking your opinions challenged.

Another thing you don't get is in my saying I have zero interest in going round and round with a Watson apologist. That doesn't mean I won't respond when I pop in now and then.

What I recommend you do is go show your mother or another woman in your life your take here. Open the thread with your first post and just have them read.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Please point out the insult. For example you are attempting to insult me by calling me a child. All I am reading is the reinforcement of my observation about you not liking your opinions challenged.

Another thing you don't get is in my saying I have zero interest in going round and round with a Watson apologist. That doesn't mean I won't respond when I pop in now and then.

What I recommend you do is go show your mother or another woman in your life your take here. Open the thread with your first post and just have them read.

Is someone that sees things from the NON woman perspective a "Watson Apologist?" Ive said many times before that I am very interested in these cases from a legal standpoint. I like to see how they play out. I know that Watson isnt being charged in a court of law, but these proceedings are very much like a trial. They just use the CBA as their criminal code, both sides present "Evidence," of which the rules are very different, both sides have lawyers, and the arbitrator is in fact a retired federal judge.

I do not know Watson, am not a Browns fan or a Texans fan, I have no dog in this fight and I really dont care what happens to Watson.... but I am really interested/fascinated in how this all plays out and what it will mean for future disciplinary hearings moving forward.... ESPECIALLY since we dont really have much to talk about in the middle of this dead period.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
You need to post all the facts, not just the one that suits your point. It is "uncommon" & aberrant behavior to masturbate "when getting a massage" among other actions. The man's thinking is off course. He has an attitude thinking he can do as he wishes because of his platform & wealth. He pushed the envelope too far!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/07/sports/football/deshaun-watson.html