PFT implies Watson punishment should be no more than Jerry, Kraft or Sydner

kskboys

Reaction score
I assume their is some substance to the cases or he wouldn't have paid them off. I also assume that the NFL forwarded the 5 cases with the most damming evidence.
Just not true. People w/ no case get paid shut up and go away money all the time.

Flamma

Reaction score
The only thing black and white here is that Watson did something to 24 women that caused them to file a lawsuit against him. This many women pointing the finger at one guy has no precedent in the NFL...........

Just keep in mind what we're dealing with here. A court of law would have found him not guilty. Or at least a grand jury didn't think there was enough to even bring it to trial. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that Sue rules no punishment. I don't think she does that because she's not dealing with beyond a reasonable doubt. All she has to determine is that the girls are credible, and Watson acted foolishly under the conduct policy.

Flamma

Reaction score
Just not true. People w/ no case get paid shut up and go away money all the time.

Right. In many cases, especially slip and fall, businesses pay out because the cost is cheaper than fighting it.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The only thing black and white here is that Watson did something to 24 women that caused them to file a lawsuit against him. This many women pointing the finger at one guy has no precedent in the NFL...........

I only care about 5. Dont care about the others.

kskboys

Reaction score
Watson is guilty of inappropriate flirting and secksual harrassment. The NFL should definitely punish him, but a beheading and lifetime ban is not in order. More of an 8 game, fine, and counseling/classes required type of thing.

What he did was clearly inappropriate, but I just don't understand how some think it's some horrific crime worthy of banishment and worse. Personal experience, maybe?

Flamma

Reaction score
I'd be putting money on 6-8 games myself. I know people that want a lifetime ban. That's not reality.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd be putting money on 6-8 games myself. I know people that want a lifetime ban. That's not reality.
If you beheaded every guy that's guilty of inappropriate flirting the world would be 95% women.

To be clear, I do not condone what he did, and he should face consequences.