News: PFT: It's been 30 years since the infamous Herschel Walker trade

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Randy Galloway was the biggest critic of the trade among many...who knew what it would turn into. The Rams did the same when they traded Dickerson but weren't able to capitalize on it.

I thought it was a great trade when it happened. The Cowboys were going nowhere WITH Walker, so why not cash him in for multiple assets?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
That deal along with the Bobby Bonilla contract life after baseball is like the lottery for those 2.
a) it isnt a contract for life and b) there are many teams still paying long retired players some who played before Bonilla, but for some reason the public has globbed on to that one

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
a) it isnt a contract for life and b) there are many teams still paying long retired players some who played before Bonilla, but for some reason the public has globbed on to that one

Maybe so but Bobby is talked about because each year it is in the news. So may not be a contract for life don't think any team is that stupid.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I wonder how many Cowboy fans hated that trade when it first took place.
I loved it! I remember being flabbergasted that so many newspaper writers were against it. The Cowboys were awful and rebuilding the team through the draft was the best way to get better. I was excited by the prospect of dominating draft coverage even back then. Three 1s, three 2s and 3 threes?!?!? Can you say BONANZA!!!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I loved it! I remember being flabbergasted that so many newspaper writers were against it. The Cowboys were awful and rebuilding the team through the draft was the best way to get better. I was excited by the prospect of dominating draft coverage even back then. Three 1s, three 2s and 3 threes?!?!? Can you say BONANZA!!!

Little Joe is this you?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Little Joe is this you?
His user name would seem to indicate that he's Hop Sing.
091HGt0m.jpg

Chrispierce

Reaction score
...what’s the count up to on ...”It’s been 30yrs since the Cowboys won a divisional playoff game.”?

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Jerry should have rubbed salt into the wound... and inducted Mike Lynn into the Ring of Honor :muttley:

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7PkWZzdSLp6tqTHuVL1OUWU1aPKKhuebUatdNFsteh00QRb_j6w