News: PFT: Jason Witten looking like Jason Witten

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
He was already slow. Now he's also old. Maybe it will still work? I dont care if your running a 6.0 40 on the field if your beaking tackles with no helmet. THATS WHAT YOU GET FROM WITTEN! No he wont be anything close to the player he was, but he is a viable option when a safety valve is needed... Hopefully they wont need it often with our improved Oline depth this year. Go Cowboys!

Daillest88

Reaction score
He runs excellent routes, year off probably did him good, the problem is they need to put him in longer routes because he will find a way to get open and when we need 2 yards have him run 3 yard routes, none of those 3 yard routes when we need 8 yards .

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
he is 37 years old that is the player you will get you cant bring back your youth but he will still help the team some

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jason Witten looking like Jason Witten

gettyimages-890984736-e1557116464268.jpg

Jason Witten turns 37 today. He has not played since Jan. 31, 2017. The Cowboys tight end is back and apparently hasn't forgotten how to play the position. "Yeah, he looks like the same...

Read Full Story
Dak Prescott threw Jason Witten his first-ever playoff touchdown catch. I'm looking for him to be a specialty player a Red Zone threat. Yes I know he hasn't been great in the Red Zone Pryor. But that's cuz we had other weapons. I think he's going to be a touchdown machine this season

Cebrin

Reaction score
I think he'll surprise the zone. The guy never misses a game, but that doesn't mean the it didn't take a toll on his body. I'm hoping the time off rested his bones, and he'll be what we need.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jarwins progress won't be affected by Witt one bit. Jarwin is a guy that gets me excited about what he can be. In the 2nd giants game he looked like Jay Novacek. He was uncoverable. He had 2 other late season games that he looked good in too.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Arguing about which TE is the bigger threat will be solved once the season starts. Jarwin could earn that starting job out right during training camp or Jason Witten could still be the best TE on the team. We'll have to wait and see. We know Witten won't be getting ball the snaps like he was before.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He was already slow. Now he's also old. Maybe it will still work? I dont care if your running a 6.0 40 on the field if your beaking tackles with no helmet. THATS WHAT YOU GET FROM WITTEN! No he wont be anything close to the player he was, but he is a viable option when a safety valve is needed... Hopefully they wont need it often with our improved Oline depth this year. Go Cowboys!
or hes fresh year off to heal and relax, mind and body ready for one last hoorrah!! lets start ripping one of the best DC of all time

starfan1

Reaction score
Jarwin doesn't have Wittens ability to find the open seam and he doesn't have Wittens hands.
Witten doesn’t have Witten a ability to find opening that aren’t 5 yards and in. It was a stupid signing and they should have just made him a coach all he is at this point barring injuries to the others is a progress stopper imo

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Wit definately looks better football in attire than he does in a suit that's 2 or 3 sizes too small.......I can relate though, I absolutely hate wearing a suit and tie.

Hardline

Reaction score
Witten doesn’t have Witten a ability to find opening that aren’t 5 yards and in. It was a stupid signing and they should have just made him a coach all he is at this point barring injuries to the others is a progress stopper imo
He is an upgrade over what we have now.