PFT: Jeff Bezos hires firm to consider bid for Commanders

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair under your logic though, Kraft isn't a very good owner. It was only because of Belichick and Brady he ever won anything.
1. It is not my logic. It is your logic extended beyond the comparative assumption you made of Jerry Jones and Jeff Bezos as respective owners.
2. The devaluation of Robert Kraft as owner because of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady is exceptionally ironic within a discussion that elevated Jones over Bezos--due to the merits of Jones 'winning three Super Bowls'. It is easily assertible Jimmy Johnson and Troy Aikman were as equally meaningful to Jones' championship success as Kraft's.

GINeric

Reaction score
All Jerry did is sign the checks. And don’t debate me on it because I have 27 years of proof it was Jimmy. In Miami, Jimmy was stuck with an old Marino and no Hershel to get draft picks with.
All Jerry did was give him his first NFL job. I know Jimmy would have gotten an NFL job with or without Jerry, but I highly doubt that Jimmy would have been PART of creating a team that won 3 Superbowls in 4 years with some other team at that time.

Like I said, if it was all Jimmy, he would have been able to do it in Miami as well. Look at the success with multiple teams that Andy Reid, Bill Parcells and coaches like that had.

So I don't wanna hear any excuses about his time in Miami. Jimmy was a great coach, but he didn't build those teams by himself.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You can hate Jerry as much as you want. He loves the Cowboys way more then Jeff Bezos will ever care for the Commanders. If hating him is your thing go for it. My argument stands pretty firm tho.
Not all owners are as involved with personnel decisions as Jerry Jones. The concern is not if Bezos is involved with personnel decisions, it’s what if he isn’t. What if he hires competent people to run his franchise? He didn’t go from selling books on line out of his garage in Seattle to developing Amazon to what it is today without hiring competent people. Whatever else he is, he is relentless.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
All Jerry did was give him his first NFL job. I know Jimmy would have gotten an NFL job with or without Jerry, but I highly doubt that Jimmy would have been PART of creating a team that won 3 Superbowls in 4 years with some other team at that time.

Like I said, if it was all Jimmy, he would have been able to do it in Miami as well. Look at the success with multiple teams that Andy Reid, Bill Parcells and coaches like that had.

So I don't wanna hear any excuses about his time in Miami. Jimmy was a great coach, but he didn't build those teams by himself.
Jerry did nothing to build those teams except sign the checks. As he’s proven the last 27 years.

shabazz

Reaction score
If someone bought Washington and brought back the old name and said "deal with it" to the world. I'd probably have to re-consider my fan-hood.
Not happening, my friend. the franchises ESG credit would be trashed and negatively affect their access to loans and other finances

thats the reality

GINeric

Reaction score
Jerry did nothing to build those teams except sign the checks. As he’s proven the last 27 years.

And Jimmy won nothing without him. So it sounds like they both needed each other to me.... but it definitely wasn't all Jimmy's doing.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
And Jimmy won nothing without him. So it sounds like they both needed each other to me.... but it definitely wasn't all Jimmy's doing.
Didn't Jimmy win a national championship with Miami? What has Jerry ever won. And as for the Dolphins, Jimmy was there for 4 years. Jerry's been in charge of the Cowboys without Jimmy for 30 years.

GINeric

Reaction score
Didn't Jimmy win a national championship with Miami? What has Jerry ever won. And as for the Dolphins, Jimmy was there for 4 years. Jerry's been in charge of the Cowboys without Jimmy for 30 years.
Steve Spurrier and Nick Saban both won national championships in college... how'd that work out in the NFL?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dan Marino was done but still a legend.
Jimmy was stuck with him.
Hard to win with a below average QB whose getting worse every year
Hummmm

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Not all owners are as involved with personnel decisions as Jerry Jones. The concern is not if Bezos is involved with personnel decisions, it’s what if he isn’t. What if he hires competent people to run his franchise? He didn’t go from selling books on line out of his garage in Seattle to developing Amazon to what it is today without hiring competent people. Whatever else he is, he is relentless.
I'm fairy sure that is the case for most billionaires.....except for of course Jerry. He just lucked his way into 3 sb wins and the most valuable franchise in the entire world. Pure luck. Didn't hire anyone competent, didn't do any smart moves. Just woke up and everything fell into his lap.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
1. It is not my logic. It is your logic extended beyond the comparative assumption you made of Jerry Jones and Jeff Bezos as respective owners.
2. The devaluation of Robert Kraft as owner because of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady is exceptionally ironic within a discussion that elevated Jones over Bezos--due to the merits of Jones 'winning three Super Bowls'. It is easily assertible Jimmy Johnson and Troy Aikman were as equally meaningful to Jones' championship success as Kraft's.
It's nice to see you can understand the irony of my post.

GINeric

Reaction score
What did Jerry do besides hire Jimmy and sign the players Jimmy told him
to ? Please, illuminate us.

What did Jerry do besides hire Jimmy and sign the players Jimmy told him
to ? Please, illuminate us.

Well last I checked, Jerry was the owner and GM of the Dallas Cowboys since 1989. Google the responsibilities of an NFL GM and their you'll find out what Jerry also did.

Illuminated!

Now tell me what else did Jimmy win without Jerry. Please... Illuminate us....