News: PFT: Jerry Jones buys Dallas energy company for $2.2 billion

pansophy

Reaction score
You really don't believe this do you? As long as the NFL exists, the Cowboys will be ran by the Jones family.
The only thing the Jones love more than football is money. The best business people I have seen know when to sell a company, big or small. I'm old so I worked at a video rental store as a teen. The family I worked for had that business for many years and a few years after I left they sold it despite it still doing well. It wasn't a long before a blockbuster came to our town and that business that had been doing so well was out of business before too long.

I do believe that football is dying. Kids aren't playing it and fewer people are watching it every year. They would never sell it as long as Jerry is alive, but once he is gone it would not surprise me one bit if the Jones sell it off while it is still worth billions. Maybe they will say that it isn't the same without Jerry and so they are ready to move on as a family -- might even keep the stadium since there will always be the need for in person events.

But yeah, I do believe it.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
True, and the earth is still has a ton of it. 500+ years worth, and that's not even counting shale. And why don't people get that plugging your car into a wall is using coal? In fact, coal is dirtier than oil.

Looking forward to my first nuclear car, though, when they finally figure this out.
* they kinda' got the grasp of it lassoed & are wrangling it into the arena already,,,THORIUM,,, as when it's compared to enriched uranium, is touted/portrayed as being 1,000 times more better&problem free
(in the hazardous long term)

Reaction score
Nuclear fusion (as opposed to nuclear fission used today) will solve all of these issues.

It's still 2 or 3 decades away, but that will be the ultimate answer.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The only thing the Jones love more than football is money. The best business people I have seen know when to sell a company, big or small. I'm old so I worked at a video rental store as a teen. The family I worked for had that business for many years and a few years after I left they sold it despite it still doing well. It wasn't a long before a blockbuster came to our town and that business that had been doing so well was out of business before too long.

I do believe that football is dying. Kids aren't playing it and fewer people are watching it every year. They would never sell it as long as Jerry is alive, but once he is gone it would not surprise me one bit if the Jones sell it off while it is still worth billions. Maybe they will say that it isn't the same without Jerry and so they are ready to move on as a family -- might even keep the stadium since there will always be the need for in person events.

But yeah, I do believe it.

No way in hell Jerry is ever selling the Cowboys. You'd have to pry the team from his dead hands before that happens. Jerry is nearing 80 or already is. Football is not going to completely die off in his lifetime. He has enough money to be set for so many lifetimes you can't even fathom. Jerry loves money obviously but he is not going to pick money over the Cowboys. It's what defines him and his legacy. He made is initial money in oil but no one cares about that. It's him owning the most popular and most profitable sports franchise in the world. He will go to his grave owning the team.

Your comparison of a local video rental and Blockbuster does not even come close to what the Dallas Cowboys and the NFL are.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Nuclear fusion (as opposed to nuclear fission used today) will solve all of these issues.

It's still 2 or 3 decades away, but that will be the ultimate answer.

Skunk Works Palmdale with Lock Mart has a design they say will be ready in ten years FWIW. Charles Chase runs the program and said that they did an internal study and if it works, it will generate more money from Fusion than is currently in printed currency in existence today.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...its-potentially-world-changing-fusion-reactor

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I love you're post, man!
As I've sometimes wondered just what the "G" signified,,,I'm thinking I'm close in either natural gas or geologist, anyway cool post& I'm at a loss in my understanding as to why the natural motion of the ocean hasn't been further exploited by means of wave generators to produce electricity along coastal regions & especially islands.

Jeff Heath? Yikes.

Birdgang

Reaction score
I know that Hydrogen fuel cells have been in the works for a while now . which combines hydrogen and oxygen to produce electricity .... Then there is also liquefied natural gas thats being worked with more as well

Kaiser

Reaction score
I know that Hydrogen fuel cells have been in the works for a while now . which combines hydrogen and oxygen to produce electricity .... Then there is also liquefied natural gas thats being worked with more as well

Hydrogen fuel cells aren't there yet but Toyota has fully committed to Hydrogen as their roadmap. Apparently Elon Musk gave a speech a year or so ago saying future vehicles would only be electric and anyone who thought differently was stupid - and apparently the top levels of Toyota took it personally.

Birdgang

Reaction score
Hydrogen fuel cells aren't there yet but Toyota has fully committed to Hydrogen as their roadmap. Apparently Elon Musk gave a speech a year or so ago saying future vehicles would only be electric and anyone who thought differently was stupid - and apparently the top levels of Toyota took it personally.

The big problem is the amount of places that use fossil fuel to make energy. So whats it really saving , is what people have a big problem with. Its not power as Ive seen Telsa's at track smoking everyone.

pansophy

Reaction score
No way in hell Jerry is ever selling the Cowboys. You'd have to pry the team from his dead hands before that happens. Jerry is nearing 80 or already is. Football is not going to completely die off in his lifetime. He has enough money to be set for so many lifetimes you can't even fathom. Jerry loves money obviously but he is not going to pick money over the Cowboys. It's what defines him and his legacy. He made is initial money in oil but no one cares about that. It's him owning the most popular and most profitable sports franchise in the world. He will go to his grave owning the team.

Your comparison of a local video rental and Blockbuster does not even come close to what the Dallas Cowboys and the NFL are.
If you read what I actually wrote -- after Jerry is gone.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
L.N.G. while being a viable alternative fuel ,cuz' when in combustion of the proper air/fuel ratio emits only water vapor&co2, problem is it's low m.p.g.& lowered octane rating,,,now, I believe it's butane that pops with about a 118 octane rating as compared to the 84 in the cheapest gallon of gas being sold at the pumps

* a lot of service delivery vendors are switching over their local fleets to L.N.G.

Birdgang

Reaction score
L.N.G. while being a viable alternative fuel ,cuz' when in combustion of the proper air/fuel ratio emits only water vapor&co2, problem is it's low m.p.g.& lowered octane rating,,,now, I believe it's butane that pops with about a 118 octane rating as compared to the 84 in the cheapest gallon of gas being sold at the pumps

* a lot of service delivery vendors are switching over their local fleets to L.N.G.

I dont know what I will do when all the changes come forth. The cars in our house, love to burn fuel and spit fire. All 5 of our cars tuned for 93+ octane my jeep never rolls out without race and gas drag radials " yes Im one of those"