News: PFT: Jerry Jones defends Ezekiel Elliott’s lack of effort by pointing to other Cowboys

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’ve been waiting to someone to come out and explain that the photo is photoshopped.

Please!

I didn't say it was photoshopped. I just mentioned that there were always fat Romo pics. He definitely doesn't have 6 pack he had before.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Hopefully we don’t devolve into the amount of analysis and debate spent on Eddy Lacey ‘fat pics’ that have swirled around for the past 4-5 years.

Well I hope not, Eddie has eaten himself out the league really, its just a matter of time at this point.

If its true, its just true, can't hide from it. People saw it in Eddie long ago, hopefully we don't have to worry about it with Zeke. Hopefully...but the signs are definitely there.

Not like those 9 carries last week got him in any better shape. He also really quit on a screen pass like he was just tired. We just can't ignore it.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Exactly. His head coach basically says that they had an issue with Elliott on that play, but that they'd talk about it and it would likely not be a big deal.

And then here comes Jerry, basically undercutting his head coach, saying Elliott wasn't that bad because everyone else was bad too?

I like Jerry but these are times when he's his own worst enemy. When he gets ripped for enabling problem players, these are reasons why.
Jerrah did the same things before..

when Irvin got into trouble..

when Brent was part of the vehicle homicide..

When Hardy disintegrated on us and Jerrah told us Garrett was going to fix it.

It goes on and on.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Defending a player is a big shocker...problem is in what Jerry Said he was defending Dak for being the player who was actually hustling.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Interesting. But this is like fat Romo pics

A couple of years ago Bryan broaddus said that he had heard Eddie lacy’s Struggles were from an issue with drinking. I hope that isn’t the case here where he just went a little too far in that department

Anyone have a reset button on this off-season into the season this organization could use it!

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Man, Zeke is nowhere near the shape he was in last season. This case has hit him hard.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does anyone know what Zeke weighed last year at this time vs now?

It should go without saying but I'm going to say it anyways- obviously lighting and angles have A LOT to do with how one's physique appears in a picture.
2016: 225

2017: 265

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Here is what Jerry actually said:

"I think if you look at everybody’s reaction to that interception . . . certainly on that interception, if you really look at several Dallas Cowboys players on that interception you saw what would not be the case in a closely-contested ball game,” Jones said. “I think you can point to Zeke but you really have to look at the general effort to chase that ball down by most of the people that were on the field. Dak [Prescott] now, of course, gave it everything he had to try to contain that interception but still you look at it across the board and you’ll see that you need more effort than what you see.”

Florio is the one characterizing it as defending Elliott. In actuality, he's saying the whole team--except Dak--showed poor effort, and that includes Elliott.

LOL...Jerry is basically saying "Well, Zeke gave 0% effort on that play but other guys on the field only gave 75%. That is well within the acceptable 'Zeke Rules' guidelines."

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL...Jerry is basically saying "Well, Zeke gave 0% effort on that play but other guys on the field only gave 75%. That is well within the acceptable 'Zeke Rules' guidelines."

Where is he suggesting that? I see where he's saying "it wasn't just Zeke." I don't see where you're getting that he's remotely suggesting it was acceptable.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I understand why people are upset but why are we upset now and never before? It's a common play to see guys quit on interception returns. It's not right but was never made a big deal before

I have never EVER seen a player on the field watch the interception happen and immediately put his hands on his hips and proceed to amble off of the field.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Where is he suggesting that? I see where he's saying "it wasn't just Zeke." I don't see where you're getting that he's remotely suggesting it was acceptable.

Defending the guy who was not trying AT ALL by pointing the finger at other guys who were at least half-*** trying is giving tacit approval to the way Zeke conducted himself.

That's how I see it, anyway.

visionary

Reaction score
A couple of years ago Bryan broaddus said that he had heard Eddie lacy’s Struggles were from an issue with drinking. I hope that isn’t the case here where he just went a little too far in that department

Anyone have a reset button on this off-season into the season this organization could use it!

Let's just 'reset' to 6 years back and not hire Landry junior

visionary

Reaction score
Defending the guy who was not trying AT ALL by pointing the finger at other guys who were at least half-*** trying is giving tacit approval to the way Zeke conducted himself.

You're talking to someone who defends everything jerry does. Don't waste your time

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't see pointing out that effort was low across the board, including on Zeke's part, is much of a defense of anything.

He is saying Zeke shouldn't take all the blame for the lack of effort last week, but that's a fair thing to say.