News: PFT: Jerry Jones said he and Jason Garrett "have real trust"

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones said he and Jason Garrett "have real trust"

gettyimages-462604698-1-e1548970495983.jpg

Jerry Jones is comfortable letting Jason Garrett enter the final year of his contract, and he said Garrett is comfortable not having long-term security. Of course, the Cowboys owner also has said f...

Read Full Story

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
While the moves that have been made make it so easy for him to have his hand over the Red Button at a moment's notice.
I'd be comfy too.
Not Jason! lol...
Jerry.

GenoT

Reaction score
Fairly obvious that Kellen Moore is being groomed to eventually replace Jason Garrett as HC.

Say KM’s a quick study, has early success as OC and shows the required leadership skills. Then Jerry might replace JG sooner rather than later; possibly moving him into a FO position.

If, on the other hand, KM suffers growing pains and needs more time, Jerry will likely extend JG a few more years while KM gains experience.

Bottom-line: Kellen Moore’s the new HC-in-waiting. Just a matter of time.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Fairly obvious that Kellen Moore is being groomed to eventually replace Jason Garrett as HC.

Say KM’s a quick study, has early success as OC and shows the required leadership skills, then Jerry will likely replace JG sooner rather than later and possibly move him into a FO position.

If, on the other hand, KM suffers growing pains and needs more time, Jerry will likely extend JG a few more years.

And I think this is the ultimate disposable crew.
Not that I know if either of us are right...

conner01

Reaction score

Say KM’s a quick study, has early success as OC and shows the required leadership skills. Then Jerry might replace JG sooner rather than later; possibly moving him into a FO position.

If, on the other hand, KM suffers growing pains and needs more time, Jerry will likely extend JG a few more years while KM gains experience.

If Moore does a good job, JG gets an extension
If he fails they all get fired
That what I predict

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
he trusts him so much he made sure that if the oc has any problems with the offensive changes he should report to him sounds like lots of trust I think with all the distractions this team will be lucky to win 8 games

GenoT

Reaction score
If Moore does a good job, JG gets an extension
If he fails they all get fired
That what I predict

Could be...but then Jerry Jones will turn 77yo this July.

Seriously doubt he wants to start over — yet again — with a new HC, a new coaching staff and a new scheme/personnel philosophy.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no chance Garrett is cool with this situation. Get out of here Jerry...smh.

It’s not like coaches don’t get fired with years left on their contract all the time. It’s not that big a deal.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
"Jerry and Jason sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G".

tenor.gif

slick325

Reaction score
It’s not like coaches don’t get fired with years left on their contract all the time. It’s not that big a deal.

I agree for the most part Idgit. But, the way things played out with Linehan last year (giving him more of a voice) and then Moore getting the OC gig and play calling duties... I can't imagine Garrett being ok with how things are playing out. Add the lack of an extension and I'd be unhappy no matter how much I trust my boss.