News: PFT: Jerry Jones: Wouldn't sell Cowboys for less than $10 billion

ShortRound

Reaction score
Jerry Jones: Wouldn't sell Cowboys for less than $10 billion

The last NFL franchise to sell set a record, with the Panthers fetching around $2.3 billion. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones thinks his team is worth more than four times that amount.

“If I had to sell the team tomorrow I wouldn’t accept anything less than $10 billion,” Jones said. “But, I don’t want to imply that I would take $10 billion for them. The Cowboys are just not for sale. They’re a long-term asset and my immediate family — which has been a part of making them what they are today — they’ll own the Cowboys long after I’m gone. . . .

“I don’t say $10 billion just to say a ridiculous number. I just think you really have to go on what people would pay. I don’t want to say at least $10 billion but I certainly think you can justify a $10 billion value, but economically I’d rather have the Cowboys than the $10 billion.”

Read Full Story

Last edited by a moderator:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones: Wouldn't sell Cowboys for less than $10 billion

The last NFL franchise to sell set a record, with the Panthers fetching around $2.3 billion. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones thinks his team is worth more than four times that amount.

“If I had to sell the team tomorrow I wouldn’t accept anything less than $10 billion,” Jones said. “But, I don’t want to imply that I would take $10 billion for them. The Cowboys are just not for sale. They’re a long-term asset and my immediate family — which has been a part of making them what they are today — they’ll own the Cowboys long after I’m gone. . . .

“I don’t say $10 billion just to say a ridiculous number. I just think you really have to go on what people would pay. I don’t want to say at least $10 billion but I certainly think you can justify a $10 billion value, but economically I’d rather have the Cowboys than the $10 billion.”

Read Full Story
Someone hide my razor blades.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I am a little short
pennies.jpg