News: PFT: Jerry Jones: Wouldn't sell Cowboys for less than $10 billion

nobody

Reaction score
So here's a question:

If you were given ownership of the Dallas Cowboys, would you sell the team for 10 billion dollars?

Wouldn't even have to think about it. SOLD.

I'd sell the Cowboys and buy another team, then be the only owner in the league to own one team and root for another.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
LOL... I like the line that says

".... which has been a part of making them what they are today...."

today? you mean the mediocre laughing stock America's joke? All of you are doing excellent job

:cool:

Crypto

Reaction score
Have often thought the family sells the team after Jerry passes. Football, is only going downhill from here. They would be right to sell it for as much as they can get while it's still viable. Jerry saying this publicly just makes me think they are thinking it too and trying and set the price early.
I never thought about what they will do but I don't think there will be an NFL in 30yrs.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Jerry Jones: Wouldn't sell Cowboys for less than $10 billion

The last NFL franchise to sell set a record, with the Panthers fetching around $2.3 billion. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones thinks his team is worth more than four times that amount.

“If I had to sell the team tomorrow I wouldn’t accept anything less than $10 billion,” Jones said. “But, I don’t want to imply that I would take $10 billion for them. The Cowboys are just not for sale. They’re a long-term asset and my immediate family — which has been a part of making them what they are today — they’ll own the Cowboys long after I’m gone. . . .

“I don’t say $10 billion just to say a ridiculous number. I just think you really have to go on what people would pay. I don’t want to say at least $10 billion but I certainly think you can justify a $10 billion value, but economically I’d rather have the Cowboys than the $10 billion.”

Read Full Story

This means NEVER...sorry peeps!

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
So it I win the lottery I still can’t own the cowboys......I couldn’t even be a minority’s owner:(..

Does the Jones have a 100% stake in the cowboys?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
So here's a question:

If you were given ownership of the Dallas Cowboys, would you sell the team for 10 billion dollars?
Quicker than a lightening BOLT strike,,, & that's exactly what's gonna happen after ol' JERRY goes countryo_O

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The funny thing is I believe Jones would sell the team but his selling price is not realistic what I think he would settle for. The key part of the conversation was:

“I don’t say $10 billion just to say a ridiculous number. I just think you really have to go on what people would pay. I don’t want to say at least $10 billion but I certainly think you can justify a $10 billion value, but economically I’d rather have the Cowboys than the $10 billion.”

Knowing how I believe Jones thinks, it would not surprise me his opening bid was $10 billion just to see if he could get some nibbles. No bites? End of story. However, I could see Jones selling for $15 - $17 billion if he managed to haggle some poor sap(s) into upping his price. The Dallas Cowboys franchise is one of, if not the, most recognizable brands on the planet but I honestly doubt anyone or any group of investors on the planet would willingly to ponying up that amount.