News: PFT: Jerry Jones: Wouldn't sell Cowboys for less than $10 billion

mrmojo

Reaction score
I wonder if he would take $9.99 billion ....that's all I got.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones: Wouldn't sell Cowboys for less than $10 billion

The last NFL franchise to sell set a record, with the Panthers fetching around $2.3 billion. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones thinks his team is worth more than four times that amount.

“If I had to sell the team tomorrow I wouldn’t accept anything less than $10 billion,” Jones said. “But, I don’t want to imply that I would take $10 billion for them. The Cowboys are just not for sale. They’re a long-term asset and my immediate family — which has been a part of making them what they are today — they’ll own the Cowboys long after I’m gone. . . .

“I don’t say $10 billion just to say a ridiculous number. I just think you really have to go on what people would pay. I don’t want to say at least $10 billion but I certainly think you can justify a $10 billion value, but economically I’d rather have the Cowboys than the $10 billion.”

Read Full Story
I got 9, pitch in the other 1! We'll hire @waldoputty to be CFO and @Risen Star too coach the cheerleaders. We can take care of the rest!!!

csirl

Reaction score
.....until a rich Arab offers him 20bn. A lot of European soccer club owners said they'd never sell but everything has a price.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jerry Jones: Wouldn't sell Cowboys for less than $10 billion

The last NFL franchise to sell set a record, with the Panthers fetching around $2.3 billion. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones thinks his team is worth more than four times that amount.

“If I had to sell the team tomorrow I wouldn’t accept anything less than $10 billion,” Jones said. “But, I don’t want to imply that I would take $10 billion for them. The Cowboys are just not for sale. They’re a long-term asset and my immediate family — which has been a part of making them what they are today — they’ll own the Cowboys long after I’m gone. . . .

“I don’t say $10 billion just to say a ridiculous number. I just think you really have to go on what people would pay. I don’t want to say at least $10 billion but I certainly think you can justify a $10 billion value, but economically I’d rather have the Cowboys than the $10 billion.”

Read Full Story
maybe if we started a ******** campaign, we all buy shares and buy him out and we can make Dallas into GB south...public owned NFL team.....

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The funny thing is I believe Jones would sell the team but his selling price is not realistic what I think he would settle for. The key part of the conversation was:

Knowing how I believe Jones thinks, it would not surprise me his opening bid was $10 billion just to see if he could get some nibbles. No bites? End of story. However, I could see Jones selling for $15 - $17 billion if he managed to haggle some poor sap(s) into upping his price. The Dallas Cowboys franchise is one of, if not the, most recognizable brands on the planet but I honestly doubt anyone or any group of investors on the planet would willingly to ponying up that amount.

This, the closest would be the Yankees and the boys have them beat.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I doubt jerry would sell for 20 billion lol.
But hey maybe the founders of google want to buy a football team??
give him 30 billion lol just somebody please buy it !!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
@dallasdave is going to be pissed
btw i dont know any accounting
Well just break out with that there abbacarus hampster casing-liner youse people are purportedly knowed fer' & just feverishly fake it,Waldo,,, I know you can pull that one off,,,LIKE A champagne CHAMBER MAID,BUDDY:thumbup:
:thumbup::yourock::thumbup:

:starspin:o_O:starspin:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Well just break out with that there abbacarus hampster casing-liner youse people are purportedly knowed fer' & just feverishly fake it,Waldo,,, I know you can pull that one off,,,LIKE A champagne CHAMBER MAID,BUDDY:thumbup:
:thumbup::yourock::thumbup:

:starspin:o_O:starspin:

sorry melon
putty never mastered the abacus
though i remember my grandfather was really good at it
putty is in the calculator generation
much to the chagrin of my family

Melonfeud

Reaction score
sorry melon
putty never mastered the abacus
though i remember my grandfather was really good at it
putty is in the calculator generation
much to the chagrin of my family
* ya,well! Yer still a cool kinda' old class tool in the casing-liner, pal(IMO)o_O
:starspin:

waldoputty

Reaction score
* ya,well! Yer still a cool kinda' old class tool in the casing-liner, pal(IMO)o_O
:starspin:

putty and parents rebelled against the parents.
parents went and became scientists in a family of business people.
putty dumped science and went to business

Melonfeud

Reaction score
putty and parents rebelled against the parents.
parents went and became scientists in a family of business people.
putty dumped science and went to business
Cuz' the PUTTY wreaks the chi-com havoc of tootin' bugling drum thumpers TO HIS OWN TUNEof GROOVITUDE:cool:
:yourock::oldcouple::yourock:

:confused:o_O:confused:

:lmao::thumbup::lmao:
( luv ya,bro!)