News: PFT: Jerry: No reason Cowboys shouldn't be better than last year

ESisback

Reaction score
I really don’t see why we’d think this team should be better than last year?

And we don’t know yet if our divisional rivals will be better than last year. And that goes for all of our opponents. What effects could that have?

Jerry as always is our Head Cheerleader. The ultimate optimist selling his product. Nothing more..

Every owner sells his team, whether he hires someone to do it, or does it himself. Besides, for most normal fans, optimism is higher this time of year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Every owner sells his team, whether he hires someone to do it, or does it himself. Besides, for most normal fans, optimism is higher this time of year.
Yes, the draft , off-season and training camp are usually a renewed time of optimism for all teams. It’s normal for fans to look for and want hope regardless whether it’s realistic or deserving.

And Jerry personally provides that eternal optimism promoting his team quite like no other owner does personally. I suppose that’s attractive to some fans.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Commanders will be below .500 EASILY.
That’s a reasonable assertion. Not one I’d be apt to argue until further evidence but they could be improved enough to prevent us sweeping them this year which might impact our season. We shall see but totally discounting them before the season unfolds is similar to over hyping our expectations this year.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yes, the draft , off-season and training camp are usually a renewed time of optimism for all teams. It’s normal for fans to look for and want hope regardless whether it’s realistic or deserving.

And Jerry personally provides that eternal optimism promoting his team quite like no other owner does personally. I suppose that’s attractive to some fans.

Well, not to you, of course. You’re more enlightened. Yeah, Jerry DOES promote better than the others!

pitt33

Reaction score
Jerry needs to say that directly to his D-Coordinator who's defenses have failed to show up 3 times now during the playoffs in 2018, 2016 and 2014. THAT is why the Cowboys haven't advanced past the divisional round of the playoffs.
I can’t think of a more deserved like than this like.