News: PFT: Joseph Randle facing more charges, including rape

HungryLion

Reaction score
You don’t know what he is though. You don’t know if he suffers from CTE.

CTE doesn’t lead to somebody raping somebody though.

CTE can increase aggression, mood swings and impulsiveness.

All that being said, raping somebody is an incredibly personal act. Rape is about feeling power and control over another person. The emotions and thought process that goes into that behavior is not caused by having CTE.

Now, Randle may very well have CTE. But it’s not an excuse for rape.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course I have mental illness because it actually diagnose by multiple medical professional not like you just assuming that Joseph Randle has mental issue. You see the issue I have with this. One is actually real and one is not.
You mean like you assumed he doesn’t have a mental issue? How do you know his isn’t real? Because you just know? Can’t stand guys like you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
CTE doesn’t lead to somebody raping somebody though.

CTE can increase aggression, mood swings and impulsiveness.

All that being said, raping somebody is an incredibly personal act. Rape is about feeling power and control over another person. The emotions and thought process that goes into that behavior is not caused by having CTE.

Now, Randle may very well have CTE. But it’s not an excuse for rape.
What do you mean? Taking hits to the head and damaging the brain won’t lead to someone committing a sick crime like rape? We have seen people with CTE kill themselves or kill others. Rape doesn’t seem that far fetched.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
You mean like you assumed he doesn’t have a mental issue? How do you know his isn’t real? Because you just know? Can’t stand guys like you.

Because mental illness doesn't go and make you do criminal acts such as rape and everything he has done. That is not mental illness. Mass shooting that you hear on the news have nothing to do with mental illness. People with mental illness are nice people and the illness only affect them. Tire of everyone blaming death on mental illness. Those people are crazy, has nothing to do with mental illness.

Source: BA in Psychology

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because mental illness doesn't go and make you do criminal acts such as rape and everything he has done. That is not mental illness. Mass shooting that you hear on the news have nothing to do with mental illness. People with mental illness are nice people and the illness only affect them. Tire of everyone blaming death on mental illness. Those people are crazy, has nothing to do with mental illness.

Throw your BA in the dumpster. Especially if you think mental illness is just one illness. As if there aren’t diffferent types of mental illness.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Is every mental illness the same that affects people the same way? Is everyone with a mental illness a nice person by nature?

I’m not saying Randle has a mentall illness, because obviously I can’t know, but it seems you are narrowly defining mental illness to only what you have and the kind of person you are. I’m sure there are a lot of people with mental illness that fit into that category, but I don’t believe there is only one category.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What do you mean? Taking hits to the head and damaging the brain won’t lead to someone committing a sick crime like rape? We have seen people with CTE kill themselves or kill others. Rape doesn’t seem that far fetched.

I worked in a treatment facility providing therapy for sex offenders for 8 years.

What I’m telling you is, the act of rape involves very complex emotions and feelings. Ones that developed and grow over periods of time. More often than not, a sex offender has been a victim of physical or sexual abuse themselves at some point. Because rape is about power and control. It’s about the fact that the offender feels powerless, or lacks self esteem themselves.

Somebody doesn’t just rape somebody one day out of impulse.

Also, the large majority of people with severe mental health issues, never rape someone. And in fact are not a danger to others. So, there’s nothing wrong with defending people who have mental health problems, because he majority of them are good people otherwise.

However, what I’m telling you is, don’t use that as an excuse for rape.

Also his quotes of “she never said no, how was I supposed to know”. Classic offender comment right there. I’ve heard that a thousand times.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I worked in a treatment facility providing therapy for sex offenders for 8 years.

What I’m telling you is, the act of rape involves very complex emotions and feelings. Ones that developed and grow over periods of time. More often than not, a sex offender has been a victim of physical or sexual abuse themselves at some point. Because rape is about power and control. It’s about the fact that the offender feels powerless, or lacks self esteem themselves.

Also, the large majority of people with severe mental health issues, never rape someone. And in fact are not a danger to others. So, there’s nothing wrong with defending people who have mental health problems, because he majority of them are good people otherwise.

Also his quotes of “she never said no, how was I supposed to know”. Classic offender comment right there. I’ve heard that a thousand times.

I’d characterize rape as both aggressive and impulsive.

Someone with CTE could act on their sexual impulses, whereas someone whose brain isn’t compromised wouldn’t in the same circumstance.

I don’t know if Randle has CTE or if he even raped someone for that matter. But to dismiss CTE out-of-hand as it not possibly being a potential contributing factor is premature. Especially when considering our understanding of CTE is emerging with much unknown.

Not every person that commits a murder is a pcychopathic serial killer. Likewise, not every person that’s committed a rape is a serial rapist with underlying power issues.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’d characterize rape as both aggressive and impulsive.

Someone with CTE could act on their sexual impulses, whereas someone whose brain isn’t compromised wouldn’t in the same circumstance.

I don’t know if Randle has CTE or if he even raped someone for that matter. But to dismiss CTE out-of-hand as it not possibly being a potential contributing factor is premature. Especially when considering our understanding of CTE is emerging with much unknown.

Not every person that commits a murder is a pcychopathic serial killer. Likewise, not every person that’s committed a rape is a serial rapist with underlying power issues.

Aggressive sure. Impulsive? Not at all. As a matter of fact in my 8 years I’ve never treated somebody who raped out of impulse.

I also never once stated CTE couldn’t be a contributing factor. What I did say is that the psychology that goes into raping someone is far more complex than just blaming CTE. CTE is no excuse.

Lastly, while not all rapists aren’t serial. The large large majority of them if untreated, would do the same.

Because again the willingness to act on raping somebody is not an impulsive act.

Just because you would characterize rape as impulsive, doesn’t make it so.

People don’t just walk down the street and then out of nowhere rape someone. The idea that happens is ridiculous.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Aggressive sure. Impulsive? Not at all. As a matter of fact in my 8 years I’ve never treated somebody who raped out of impulse.

I also never once stated CTE couldn’t be a contributing factor. What I did say is that the psychology that goes into raping someone is far more complex than just blaming CTE. CTE is no excuse.

Lastly, while not all rapists aren’t serial. The large large majority of them if untreated, would do the same.

Because again the willingness to act on raping somebody is not an impulsive act.

Just because you would characterize rape as impulsive, doesn’t make it so.

People don’t just walk down the street and then out of nowhere rape someone. The idea that happens is ridiculous.

Have you treated anyone with CTE?

I’d also say the psychology that goes into raping someone is not as simplified as just attributing it to power/control issues.

Law-abiding societies function in large part as a byproduct of your average person not acting on their impulses. When you have a brain that’s compromised by CTE you’re far less able to manage those impulses.

Saying an act of aggression (murder, rape, or otherwise) isn’t intertwined with impulse doesn’t make it so.

Your oversimplified scenario of “just walking down the street and raping someone” is silly if you think that’s what defines impulse.

Last edited:

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
Throw your BA in the dumpster. Especially if you think mental illness is just one illness. As if there aren’t diffferent types of mental illness.

LOL of course there are multiple illness in the DSM-IV and V but none of them has to do with criminal acts. This is the problem with modern society, people yell and say stuff with conviction and yet has no knowledge on such subject. Its just sad really, let the expert handle it please.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
Is every mental illness the same that affects people the same way? Is everyone with a mental illness a nice person by nature?

I’m not saying Randle has a mentall illness, because obviously I can’t know, but it seems you are narrowly defining mental illness to only what you have and the kind of person you are. I’m sure there are a lot of people with mental illness that fit into that category, but I don’t believe there is only one category.

It doesn't but there is no mental illness in the DSM-IV or V that lead to people wanting to rape and kill. There are different section and categories as classify by the DSM-IV and they all different slightly to greatly. The closest is Schizophrenia and that is about harming one-self not others. Mental illness is a diagnose illness. If someone wants to rape or kill then they have other issues. That not to say people with mental illness don't rape or kill but so are people without mental illness that want to. Gang members don't have mental illness (not all) and want to rape and kill. Some people just like feeling dominate over others.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesn't but there is no mental illness in the DSM-IV or V that lead to people wanting to rape and kill. There are different section and categories as classify by the DSM-IV and they all different slightly to greatly. The closest is Schizophrenia and that is about harming one-self not others. Mental illness is a diagnose illness. If someone wants to rape or kill then they have other issues. That not to say people with mental illness don't rape or kill but so are people without mental illness that want to. Gang members don't have mental illness (not all) and want to rape and kill. Some people just like feeling dominate over others.

You said mental issues cannot cause any of the things he has done. Or make people rape and kill, And you made a blanket statement that people with mental illness are nice people.

Couldn’t being a psychopath cause these things? I’m not saying he is a psychopath, but that can cause violent behavior, and it’s certainly not an issue that supports the blanket statement that people with mental issues are nice people. I’m sure, as with other illnesses, mental illness doesn’t only affect nice people.

And what about kleptomania? He got caught stealing inexpensive items he could easily afford. I don’t know that he is a kleptomaniac, but it is a mental issue that could go with some of what he has done.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

The guy was making 6 figures a year and stole cologne and underwear.....that describes someone as sane to you?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL of course there are multiple illness in the DSM-IV and V but none of them has to do with criminal acts. This is the problem with modern society, people yell and say stuff with conviction and yet has no knowledge on such subject. Its just sad really, let the expert handle it please.
What’s sad is people like you who thinks the way you do. That everything is black or white. He’s just a bad apple. It’s not a red flag to you that all of his behavioral problems started when he became a adult plying football. Hide behind your BA as if that means something. You should’ve went to school for common sense and being a simple human being.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

You should sue that school for your money back.