News: PFT: Kellen Moore calls Cowboys offense a collaborative effort

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore calls Cowboys offense a collaborative effort

gettyimages-1191157802-e1580160570544.jpg

Mike McCarthy called the plays in Green Bay. He won't call the plays in Dallas. The Cowboys' new head coach kept offensive coordinator Kellen Moore from Jason Garrett's staff and ...

Read Full Story

cowboyed

Reaction score
McCarthy may not call the plays but he certainly will have input into the play calling that can impact the game. Moore indicating that it is collaborative means he won't be the only one falling on the play calling sword. The trouble is who will know when a play is changed by McCarthy or when Moore is solely responsible for the play call? That's why we need a spying Belichik. :D

glimmerman

Reaction score
He will call the plays MM tells him to. Or MM will hear the call and have to ok it. At least for a while..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will call the plays MM tells him to. Or MM will hear the call and have to ok it. At least for a while..
It would be pretty obvious if that were the case, plus it would neuter Moore in the eyes of the team. Besides, there really isn't time to do that. Play calls have to be made quickly because there is a clock ticking, so getting approval from McCarthy before calling a play isn't a reasonable process.

More likely is that McCarthy will have a big say in the game plan, and will make it clear what his philosophy is and what he wants to see in general. Moore will then call plays that fit within that framework.

cern

Reaction score
I see no reason to dispute what has been said. What coach wouldn't want a young OC whose team had the number one rated offense his first year calling plays. Makes perfect sense to me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see no reason to dispute what has been said. What coach wouldn't want a young OC whose team had the number one rated offense his first year calling plays. Makes perfect sense to me.

Same here. I'm excited to see the old and the new work together to collaborate on an offense that might potentially creat a best of both worlds blend of down-the-field and West Coast offenses, along with an already strong (though inconsistent) running game.

This offensive coaching staff looks loaded to me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think it will be an interesting off season for Moore as he will be working closely with McCarthy and some other offensive coaches as they start putting in the offense. Using some of what they did this past season and adding to it with new wrinkles and formations.