News: PFT Kirk Cousin advice to Dak: Franchise tag can be your friend

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Maybe. Not sure who has more endorsements but I do know Baker's Progressive commercials are on TV all day everyday......

I've seen Dak do commercials for yogurt, mattresses, soup, NFL Play football and corn chips. Only seen Mayfield in the Progressive spots, may be more but I'm just noting what I've seen...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
How many teams would be willing to trade for Dak under his circumstances and what would they offer?
In the end, it's a matter of reality and most of you Dak lovers have lost touch with it.
No team would offer anything substantial to pick up a tag at 37 million.
Yes yes yes, it hurts but the truth usually does.

They can also rescind the tag, you know....

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Cousins has made more money than any other player the past 5 years.

When it comes to cashing in, he very much can give Dak advice.

$185 MILLION.
Cousins and his agent masterfully parlayed him into a massive amount of money.
What Cousins is saying is take the tag because it’s all up front money you can immediately invest. And in this uncertain market and in the uncertainty of playing QB in the NFL, it’s the best way to enrich yourself and make yourself a viable commodity to other teams.

Some people simply don’t understand what Dak is doing. He could care less about Dallas. Just like Cousins could care less about WASH. It’s about the money. Cousin got $84 MILLION guaranteed in his 1st deal with MIN. All up front money, immediately paid out to him.
That’s what Daks agent sees.

Reaction score
$185 MILLION.
Cousins and his agent masterfully parlayed him into a massive amount of money.
What Cousins is saying is take the tag because it’s all up front money you can immediately invest. And in this uncertain market and in the uncertainty of playing QB in the NFL, it’s the best way to enrich yourself and make yourself a viable commodity to other teams.

Some people simply don’t understand what Dak is doing. He could care less about Dallas. Just like Cousins could care less about WASH. It’s about the money. Cousin got $84 MILLION guaranteed in his 1st deal with MIN. All up front money, immediately paid out to him.
That’s what Daks agent sees.
I think Dak does care about the Cowboys. I think he loves being a Cowboy. It's his agent that couldn't care less. And as long as Dak bows to his agent, the talks will remain very difficult.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I've seen Dak do commercials for yogurt, mattresses, soup, NFL Play football and corn chips. Only seen Mayfield in the Progressive spots, may be more but I'm just noting what I've seen...
Mayfield is only in his third NFL season, already a very marketable person. Mayfield has deals with Progressive, Hulu, Nissan, Bose, Bodyarmor, Panini, Nike and HydroHoist.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Mayfield is only in his third NFL season, already a very marketable person. Mayfield has deals with Progressive, Hulu, Nissan, Bose, Bodyarmor, Panini, Nike and HydroHoist.

Haven't seen those, but then again I don't watch much television.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
To trade him, he has to sign the tag. He's not likely to do that until the last possible second. And who wants to give up much for a QB on a one year deal? At best you can nonexclusive tag him and see what people offer to him. Either way, you're committing to drafting a QB at that point.
I would think that if it reaches the point where Dak is franchised again; then his career in Dallas is over. They are not going to start again next year with an enormous tag #. All parties in this negotiations have to come together or tag and trade, needs to be worked out for the best interest of the team.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Is this what happens when we don’t sign our players too soon?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I would think that if it reaches the point where Dak is franchised again; then his career in Dallas is over. They are not going to start again next year with an enormous tag #. All parties in this negotiations have to come together or tag and trade, needs to be worked out for the best interest of the team.

Fact!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak does not have all the leverage lmao

You people must be insane
An average gimp QB who has won NOTHING has all the leverage.
Yes, they are insane with Dak-Love.....God help them when it all comes crashing down next month for them!

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I think Dak does care about the Cowboys. I think he loves being a Cowboy. It's his agent that couldn't care less. And as long as Dak bows to his agent, the talks will remain very difficult.
Dak specifically fired his last agent and hired France because he wanted more $$$ and France is notorious for exactly that.

Your dreaming.

DFWJC

Reaction score
At least on paper, Cousins is one of the QBs that Dak is most similar too.
Similar Passer ratings, TD%, Int%, etc, etc.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't know how much merit there is to this, but that's really interesting.

A Watson for Wilson makes the most sense. But I don't know if Wilson will go to that mess in Houston.
And I don't know if the Raiders have the firepower for a deal. They would need to give up a lot more than David Carr.

As for the Cowboys? Dak would have to sign his tag or agree to a deal before they could do anything. I like Dak a lot. But a Russell Wilson deal is awfully tempting........

I love him like a brother but you right, a Russell Wilson trade would be hard to pass up....real hard (lol)

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
So if Dak plays under the franchise tag for two years, he's guaranteed almost 70 million dollars...... oh the horror, my heart bleeds for him!!!
Only becuz Jones always bets against himself and reaches into his pocket and overpays his stars.

Other teams would never pay what we will pay Dak or Zeke or Jaylon or Tank. They would never run after a HC and hire after a day of interviews.

That is just insane.

Jerrah has lost his mind.

It's just so self destructive.