News: PFT: Lions don't seem to be getting as much interest in Stafford as expected

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Lions don't seem to be getting as much interest in Matthew Stafford as expected - ProFootballTalk

GettyImages-1295063814-e1611789565330.jpg

When it comes to potential interest in Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, the glass is currently two-thirds empty. That's the obvious import of the news that a third of the league has reached out to the Lions. A third of the league. Ten teams. For a 32-year-old franchise quarterback who is going to get his wish [more]

Read Full Story

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Toss em a 5th at the same time you make your offer to dak. Fist to agree wins!

kumizi

Reaction score
Just half an hour ago I saw a report somewhere that half the league has called in to check on Stafford.

kumizi

Reaction score
They all called to let Detroit know that they weren't interested
Matt Stafford is a top 10-12 QB in the league. So yeah half the teams in the league should be interested if they arent stupid.

I know fans dont like to give credit to other team's players so they feel better about their own but dont be dense.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah I never thought it was wise to come out and say you are putting a guy on the market. I could see if it was Aaron Rodgers but its Matthew Stafford. I'd just wait for you to cut him.
Seemed like a bad plan to me too
I imagine teams are concerned if he would play out his contract also
But many teams have cap issues and draft picks helps those
It could be a strange free agency this year

conner01

Reaction score
Matt Stafford is a top 10-12 QB in the league. So yeah half the teams in the league should be interested if they arent stupid.

I know fans dont like to give credit to other team's players so they feel better about their own but dont be dense.
I don’t know if he’s top 10-12 but he’s pretty good QB and nearly half the teams need one
But they also may be thinking he could end up cut

Big_D

Reaction score
There is supposedly significant interest and there's word he could garner a 1st. Which would be impressive for a 32 year old QB.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I mean they already agreed to mutually part ways whos gonna trade when you’re eventually going to let him go

A team who wants exclusive dibs on him. I'll shoot the Lions a second for Stafford. But in my opinion the issue with Stafford is the fact he's a 32 yo QB that's not very accomplished.