News: PFT: McCarthy: I've rested players and not rested players, we thought it was important to play

RonWashington

Reaction score
I thought Siriani and the Eagles blinked not playing to win . It’s how they ended last year when Pedersen took out Hurts inserted a guy probably out of the league and handed the 7-9 Wash bunch the division . I liked the Cowboys mentality . Going into the playoffs on a 2 game skid not a good thing glad it was avoided and I heard of no injuries coming out of this game.

Blackrain

Reaction score
McCarthy made a good decision that was a more important game than the score showed.

Now we realize for deadshore that we have to fix our defenses problem of not being able to stop the run before the playoffs.

It's one thing to have trouble stopping the run against a playoff team starters but when you can't stop it against their second and third string it's time to take account of stock.

Beyond that we certainly showed what we were capable of offensively including the fact that the kicker is a scary liability going into the playoffs

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
McCarthy made a good decision that was a more important game than the score showed.

Now we realize for deadshore that we have to fix our defenses problem of not being able to stop the run before the playoffs.

It's one thing to have trouble stopping the run against a playoff team starters but when you can't stop it against their second and third string it's time to take account of stock.

Beyond that we certainly showed what we were capable of offensively including the fact that the kicker is a scary liability going into the playoffs

The D was pretty short-handed. Good to see young guys like Joseph get some reps.

IMO— he played the starters to try and get Dak and Zeke some confidence. Running game was meh vs backups— and Dak looked good vs junk for the most part.

There was nothing about that offensive performance that gave me any confidence that they “solved” their issues though. Accuracy, timing, and still struggling to find a way to get the ball to the best players remain issues IMO.

FWIW— I am glad MM played the game to win. We do need the work and I think there is always a benefit to winning and there was certainly enough positive execution to encourage players, and enough that went wrong to focus on getting better

RonWashington

Reaction score

Kease and Parsons were missing last night otherwise the Eagles 149 in Rushing would have been 80 or so .Yes the tackles in particular OSA Gallimore & Watkins and Trysten Hill have to control the line come playoff football allow 11 90 27 and 94 to do there thing

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kease and Parsons were missing last night otherwise the Eagles 149 in Rushing would have been 80 or so .Yes the tackles in particular OSA Gallimore & Watkins and Trysten Hill have to control the line come playoff football allow 11 90 27 and 94 to do there thing

The Eagles had a backup OL playing.

Try again.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
It made sense with the way the offense had been stumbling and bumbling for the better part of two months.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Resting players is for losers.

You shouldn't get rewarded before you win you anything.

The Eagles will find this out the hard way next week. All of them laughing and having a good time on the sidelines while not playing. They think they've won something already.