PFT: Mike McCarthy: Sam Williams looked in first minicamp like he's born to play pro footbal

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike McCarthy: Sam Williams looked in first minicamp like he's born to play pro football - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

The Cowboys took defensive end Sam Williams in the second round of the 2022 NFL draft, and it didn’t take him long to make an impression.

Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy was raving about Williams’ performance after the first practice of rookie minicamp.

“I think we’d all agree that Sam Williams looks like a guy that was born to play professional football,’’ McCarthy said, via the Dallas Morning News.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Since he walked in the door, McCarthy has basically had nothing but glowing things to say about everyone, so know the source. That being said I'm excited to see what this kid can do. I'm hoping he earns a role near the top of our pass rush rotation.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I am looking forward to seeing Williams play myself. According to Broaddus Sam is more like Tank then Gregory. I find it odd that he says Williams is not as fast as Gregory but stronger. Looking forward to camp.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
I am looking forward to seeing Williams play myself. According to Broaddus Sam is more like Tank then Gregory. I find it odd that he says Williams is not as fast as Gregory but stronger. Looking forward to camp.
Gregory ran a 4.64, Williams a 4.46 that he thought he could do better than. So idk if Gregory is faster, they do say he has more bend though. Maybe they mean not as explosive ?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Gregory ran a 4.64, Williams a 4.46 that he thought he could do better than. So idk if Gregory is faster, they do say he has more bend though. Maybe they mean not as explosive ?
i think Sam is like a mix of Tank and Gregory, he has the size power and speed..it took randy 4 years to get more muscle on him and get Better each year but still only had six sacks. He does have great first step bend but tank has the power ..sam can do little of both. if he learns few more rush moves hes going to be great..

I mean 6 sacks is his goal to be RG lol Armstrong nearly matched Randy's output i like Randy's game but hes being overrated. I mean we had a low bar and got excited when Gregorys finally was paying off but hes not big loss man.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys internet draft nicks say Williams has no bend or pass rush and thought he was a third round pick:rolleyes:. They say they watch tape. So I am interested into seeing how he plays. The internet boys said the same about Parsons. We know how that turned out.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy: Sam Williams looked in first minicamp like he's born to play pro football - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

The Cowboys took defensive end Sam Williams in the second round of the 2022 NFL draft, and it didn’t take him long to make an impression.

Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy was raving about Williams’ performance after the first practice of rookie minicamp.

“I think we’d all agree that Sam Williams looks like a guy that was born to play professional football,’’ McCarthy said, via the Dallas Morning News.

That’s impressive coming from a guy who was born to clear out a Golden Corral.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That’s impressive coming from a guy who was born to clear out a Golden Corral.
less impressive reply from fan who mocks a top NFL coach with high win% and a Superbowl win from behind a keyboard.hes living it you are envying it..jealousy is not a good look but go ahead demean the man who coaches the very team you drool over.:angry:o_O:rolleyes:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
less impressive reply from fan who mocks a top NFL coach with high win% and a Superbowl win from behind a keyboard.hes living it you are envying it..jealousy is not a good look but go ahead demean the man who coaches the very team you drool over.:angry:o_O:rolleyes:

I’m just being honest. I saw him at Golden Corral last week. And they ran out of buttermilk biscuits. Don’t shoot the messenger.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m just being honest. I saw him at Golden Corral last week. And they ran out of buttermilk biscuits. Don’t shoot the messenger.
that not what you are being but ill withhold the names to not get benched..:angry::rolleyes:

Acceptablename

Reaction score
i think Sam is like a mix of Tank and Gregory, he has the size power and speed..it took randy 4 years to get more muscle on him and get Better each year but still only had six sacks. He does have great first step bend but tank has the power ..sam can do little of both. if he learns few more rush moves hes going to be great..
Gregory who?
I mean 6 sacks is his goal to be RG lol Armstrong nearly matched Randy's output i like Randy's game but hes being overrated. I mean we had a low bar and got excited when Gregorys finally was paying off but hes not big loss man.
Gregory who?

Creeper

Reaction score
I really wish he said that about Tyler Smith. I think the season sits on whether or not he can play LG at a pro level without committing 16 penalties.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Well that is encouraging!