PFT: Mike McCarthy: Sam Williams looked in first minicamp like he's born to play pro footbal

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MichaelWinicki, May 14, 2022.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    47,658 Messages
    27,103 Likes Received
    Mike McCarthy: Sam Williams looked in first minicamp like he's born to play pro football - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

The Cowboys took defensive end Sam Williams in the second round of the 2022 NFL draft, and it didn’t take him long to make an impression.

Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy was raving about Williams’ performance after the first practice of rookie minicamp.

“I think we’d all agree that Sam Williams looks like a guy that was born to play professional football,’’ McCarthy said, via the Dallas Morning News.

2. DogFace

DogFace Carharris2

11,154 Messages
    12,543 Likes Received
    You can’t teach speed. Well, not really.

3. Jarntt

Jarntt Well-Known Member

1,366 Messages
    1,546 Likes Received
    Since he walked in the door, McCarthy has basically had nothing but glowing things to say about everyone, so know the source. That being said I'm excited to see what this kid can do. I'm hoping he earns a role near the top of our pass rush rotation.

4. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

8,715 Messages
    9,397 Likes Received
    I am looking forward to seeing Williams play myself. According to Broaddus Sam is more like Tank then Gregory. I find it odd that he says Williams is not as fast as Gregory but stronger. Looking forward to camp.

Fastpitch Dad likes this.
  5. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

16,817 Messages
    13,795 Likes Received
    raving about mini camp practice......please, get back to me when the pads go on...

fredp22 likes this.
  6. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

8,517 Messages
    14,366 Likes Received
    Yup...but at least it's expected....do you really think they would say our draft picks were meh in their first mini camp?

Typhus and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  7. Ekspozed

Ekspozed Well-Known Member

953 Messages
    1,113 Likes Received
    Gregory ran a 4.64, Williams a 4.46 that he thought he could do better than. So idk if Gregory is faster, they do say he has more bend though. Maybe they mean not as explosive ?

blueblood70 likes this.
  8. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

26,867 Messages
    19,485 Likes Received
    i think Sam is like a mix of Tank and Gregory, he has the size power and speed..it took randy 4 years to get more muscle on him and get Better each year but still only had six sacks. He does have great first step bend but tank has the power ..sam can do little of both. if he learns few more rush moves hes going to be great..

I mean 6 sacks is his goal to be RG lol Armstrong nearly matched Randy's output i like Randy's game but hes being overrated. I mean we had a low bar and got excited when Gregorys finally was paying off but hes not big loss man.

Them likes this.
  9. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

8,715 Messages
    9,397 Likes Received
    The Cowboys internet draft nicks say Williams has no bend or pass rush and thought he was a third round pick:rolleyes:. They say they watch tape. So I am interested into seeing how he plays. The internet boys said the same about Parsons. We know how that turned out.

blueblood70 likes this.
  10. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

12,064 Messages
    11,772 Likes Received
    That’s impressive coming from a guy who was born to clear out a Golden Corral.

Sarge, DonaldM and MaineBoy like this.
  11. blueblood70

26,867 Messages
    19,485 Likes Received
    less impressive reply from fan who mocks a top NFL coach with high win% and a Superbowl win from behind a keyboard.hes living it you are envying it..jealousy is not a good look but go ahead demean the man who coaches the very team you drool over.:angry:o_O:rolleyes:

JBond likes this.
  12. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

12,064 Messages
    11,772 Likes Received
    I’m just being honest. I saw him at Golden Corral last week. And they ran out of buttermilk biscuits. Don’t shoot the messenger.

13. Acceptablename

Acceptablename Well-Known Member

898 Messages
    563 Likes Received
    Prudence walked into goodwill and well wishes and throw water in their face

14. blueblood70

26,867 Messages
    19,485 Likes Received
    that not what you are being but ill withhold the names to not get benched..:angry::rolleyes:

15. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

24,383 Messages
    22,607 Likes Received
    he better be. Baptism by fire 4 SW and TS.

16. Acceptablename

Acceptablename Well-Known Member

898 Messages
    563 Likes Received
    Gregory who?

Rayman70 likes this.
  17. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

7,471 Messages
    9,582 Likes Received
    I really wish he said that about Tyler Smith. I think the season sits on whether or not he can play LG at a pro level without committing 16 penalties.

18. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

21,055 Messages
    19,346 Likes Received
    Well that is encouraging!

Fastpitch Dad and MichaelWinicki like this.
  19. Motorola

Motorola Well-Known Member

4,045 Messages
    3,253 Likes Received
    The same thing is being reported about a rookie or two at the other 31 mini-camps.

john van brocklin likes this.
  20. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

14,118 Messages
    21,855 Likes Received
    I dont take any of this nonsense serious anymore. Ill make my own determination week 1. They jus tryin to sell early season tickets