News: PFT: NFL attendance hits a 15-year low

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
The total cost of taking your family to an NFL game today is staggering for many.

Back when I was in high school in the '70's, we could go to a Rangers game, and get outfield tickets, peanuts, and a beer for $10.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As much as I love this game, I won’t be attending a game with my son until he’s much older (he’s 3 now). The amount of fights and just awful fan behavior is the reasoning. Add in costs and you can see why an HD tv in the comfort of your man cave is the way to go.

HungryLion

Reaction score
TV ratings grew while attendance fell, so slow down on the death knell.

Games are too expensive to attend, and HD TVs get better and better.

It’s true. With TV’s nowadays. The football watching experience is BETTER than in person.

You can see close up footage and replays in crystal clear high definition picture where you can make out the dimples on the football and see the blades of artificial grass on the field.

All the while in a temperature controlled house with cheaper and better beer, cheaper and better food, and having your own personal bathroom 10 feet away. No driving, no waiting in line. Actually see the game far better and fora. Fraction of the cost.

I honestly have almost no desire to even go to a game anymore in person. I usually only do for the Social aspect of going with a friend and tailgating.

If I was still watching on a 27 inch standard tube box of a TV. It might be a different story. But on a 60” 4K? There’s not really any competition.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I watch more college football than anything and if I can catch a high school football game, especially on a Friday night, my wife and I will go.
So the other mods have to pick up your slack...
You selfish so-and-so.

Air Force One

Reaction score
I don't think it's the cost, it's the product you're paying for. I'd pay almost any price to watch football the way it was played in the 80's and 90's.... And minus all the play stoppage and delays.

conner01

Reaction score
It won't be long before you start seeing owners selling. The NFL has made it impossible for the average fan to be able to afford to attend a game. The next recession will be the end of the NFL. These 20 to 35 million dollar contracts are going to be the downfall of the NFL and the players union.
Fans at games is not the big money for owners
Many don’t even own the stadium

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wish the Cowboys attendance hit a 15 year low to give Jerry the kick in the pants he needs to change how he operates.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I live in Atlanta and the stadium was built in the middle of the worst part of the city. I hear it all the time. Why the heck would I take my family down there when I can watch the game from the comfort of my home? Sure, the Falcons can black out games, but that would be doing most of us NFL fans a favor.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I used to watch football all day on Sunday sand watch MNF.

Then, it was just Dallas games... with MNF.

Then it became Dallas.

This season came to Dallas mostly, but opted to miss a few games instead of planning family stuff around the game.

It’s become frustrating to watch.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
It says NFL attendance.

Dallas avg'd 90k a game. Theyre seating capacity is 80k there are 10K people the standing area.

I know it says NFL attendance. I’m just talking about Dallas in general though. I would NEVER go to a Dallas game due to what I said (unless things change).

The NFL in general is too expensive unless you want tickets to a Commanders or Dolphins game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
that is little to do with the actual teams. Tickets are NEVER available from the actual teams. Most teams sell their tickets... to 3rd party companies who then pu tthem on stubhub and make a killing.

IN addition.... what is expensive for one is not expensive for another. Price and affordibility go hand and hand with how much money you make.

I guess. Just think that it'd help if however ticket prices could be lowered.

Wichitaleafs

Reaction score
Oh and I have been to several games throughout the years. Old texas stadium, jerry world, arrowhead.
Although Arrowhead is a pretty awesome experience for the crowd participation. Jerry world not so much.