News: PFT: NFL attendance hits a 15-year low

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If I'm at a furry convention and the Cowboys happen to be there and if it's not too bad of a cost, I'll probably attend like I did in Chicago. I also will probably attend a game or two at ATT Stadium whenever I get my fursuit.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Oh and I have been to several games throughout the years. Old texas stadium, jerry world, arrowhead.
Although Arrowhead is a pretty awesome experience for the crowd participation. Jerry world not so much.

Soldier Field is fun for the history and experience. Definitely visit if you can.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
NFL attendance hits a 15-year low

gettyimages-1186828240-e1578076066110.jpg

More people are watching the NFL on TV. Fewer people are watching the NFL in person. According to David Broughton and Andrew Levin of Sports Business Daily, the NFL averaged 66,648 attendees at hom...

Read Full Story

Gee, paying $100 to park turns people off?

Fascinating.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I stopped going to 2-3 Dallas home games years ago but no relation to cost. The wife and I pick an away Dallas game to a place we would want to spend a few days visiting. Needless to say, we have yet to visit Philadelphia :lmao:

Like others have said, better TV’s and the comfort of home beats going to the games, excluding the premier ones anyways.

Excellent idea.

It’s a shame the Chargers left San Diego. It was the best road trip in the entire league. Cowboy fans took the stadium over but Charger fans were always cool. It was a picturesque setting in a valley, the nightlife downtown was fun and of course it goes without saying whether it was a preseason game in August or end of season in December the weather was perfect.

I will never understand why the league didn’t work with the city more to get a stadium deal done. I bet now they wish they would have.

Proof

Reaction score
75" tv.
Surround sound.
Comfy couch.
Cheap beer and food.
Bathroom 10 steps away
Redzone to watch all the games.
No drive home.
What else did I miss?

Just the guy who already said all that :muttley:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Attendance at Cowboys home games at AT&T stadium in 2019 was consistently over 90K, blowing out the rest of the league. The NFL loses when the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs.

nobody

Reaction score
If I'm at a furry convention and the Cowboys happen to be there and if it's not too bad of a cost, I'll probably attend like I did in Chicago. I also will probably attend a game or two at ATT Stadium whenever I get my fursuit.

Uh, if your fursuit is a horse, don't attend a Broncos/Cowboys game in it..for your safety, or at least the safety of your suit.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Maybe if they'd lower the ticket prices, more people might go to the games. Just saying. I have a friend in San Francisco who won't go to an NFL game because it's so expensive even for nosebleed seats.
Yeah, the same goes for London games, too. Total ripoff.

Swanny

Reaction score
Just another example of how Dallas is the bell cow for the league and should be treated better by it.
The NFL and the Cowboys fully understand this. The wAy they are treated you s not by mistake. It drives the hatred for the Cowboys. The hatred plus the actual Cowboys fan makes for media monster/ ratings monster. The NFL is in the entertainment business, The Cowboys are in the entertainment business they both know it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Jipper

Reaction score
Maybe if they'd lower the ticket prices, more people might go to the games. Just saying. I have a friend in San Francisco who won't go to an NFL game because it's so expensive even for nosebleed seats.

it’s so true....if you want to take a family of four just to a local game and have decent seats you are looking at least 300 to 350 per seat which is 1200 plus 50 for parking plus 150 for food...putting you close to 1500 bucks.

1500 bucks will get you a good chunk of the way towards a 7 day cruise on a lower end line...it will buy you a brand new 65 inch tv with money to spare....it will allow for 7 to 8 meals at nice restaurants.....

there is so much more that can be done with the money than take a chance to watch your team lose.

I hate to say it, but they have made it not worth the cost....and it’s not even about whether many can afford it because they can easily, it’s about a total lack of value for the cost

JustChip

Reaction score
My wife and I are on the opposite sides of the attending argument. She is like so many and sees no reason to buck the traffic and the crowds. I think the live experience in the stadium is worth it.

I prefer to see the whole field before and during the play. It’s just not the same having an analyst tell me the QB missed an opportunity by not seeing an open WR AFTER the play has happened. I like to see the offensive and defensive alignments and try to predict what’s going to happen. TV really just has tunnel vision on the ball.

I also enjoy the energy in the stadium. The Eagles, Rams and even the Commanders games this year were great at the stadium.

Cost-wise, I think it’s quite reasonable vs. other sports options. The parking, food, drink cost is similar to that if an NBA or MLB game. I will say though that I can understand about the cost of tickets. It can get outrageous if you’re not a season ticket holder and want to go to a premier game. But my season tickets are good seats and very reasonable in my opinion. I know what the cost is going to be and it’s fixed.

For me, worst part of the stadium experience is going to the restroom. You simply can’t during one if the bazillion TV timeouts and get back to your seat before the game restarts like you can at home. But you learn how to adapt, pace and plan.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
it’s so true....if you want to take a family of four just to a local game and have decent seats you are looking at least 300 to 350 per seat which is 1200 plus 50 for parking plus 150 for food...putting you close to 1500 bucks.

1500 bucks will get you a good chunk of the way towards a 7 day cruise on a lower end line...it will buy you a brand new 65 inch tv with money to spare....it will allow for 7 to 8 meals at nice restaurants.....

there is so much more that can be done with the money than take a chance to watch your team lose.

I hate to say it, but they have made it not worth the cost....and it’s not even about whether many can afford it because they can easily, it’s about a total lack of value for the cost

Exactly! It's super expensive! And then they wonder why they have empty seats. It's not just the quality of the team. It's the cost!! Like I said, my attending the game was because the Cowboys just so happened to be there the same time as Midwest FurFest (my furry convention debut btw). I would have had no interest in going to that game if not for MFF. If they would lower the cost, maybe my friends from the Convention could have tagged along with me as I said, and they could fill those seats. But what do I know? I'm just a furry that watches football.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
For example, my tickets were supposed to be $132. But then taxes, the StubHub fee, and everything else brought the tickets to about $162 for nosebleeds. If I wanted to sit on the Cowboys half of the stadium, I'd been hit for about $200.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
This thread is a microcosm for how the entire news industry works in this country...

People read a purposefully misleading title and overreact without actually understanding the content they are responding to.
It’s all about the headline...

erod

Reaction score
Too much money, especially to watch this team lead by Jerry Jones, which never fails to disappoint me year after year :facepalm:. Hopefully a HC change can fix that, if it ever happens.
Thre Cowboys attendance isn't down.

Places like Florida don't attend NFL games.