News: PFT: NFL attendance hits a 15-year low

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

3,955 Messages
    2,999 Likes Received
    Hockey is a much better live experience than NFL football imo.

I'd prefer to drive the hour + and pay the associated to costs to watch an NHL game live over TV but would hard pressed to walk across the street with free tickets to see an NFL game if that was an option.

DeathMonkey and ArtClink like this.
  2. Kolemmitt

Kolemmitt Well-Known Member

1,552 Messages
    2,758 Likes Received
    It's funny how many people dont actually read the articles. Just looking for some confirmation bias. It's actually been entertaining to read how some of you think the NFL is dying, while in reality, its DOMINATING American TV.

3. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member

10,247 Messages
    14,029 Likes Received
    The NFL dominating TV isn't the issue. The issue is folks actually attending games.

ArtClink likes this.
  4. Kolemmitt

Kolemmitt Well-Known Member

1,552 Messages
    2,758 Likes Received
    I understand that. I read the article. I'm referring to those that think that the NFL is in trouble based off of this article.

5. TD-40

TD-40 Member

76 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said: DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK!

People need to slow down, don't impulse-think anything or draw conclusions, without checking the facts, asking around, and even modifying their original thoughts. But this takes too much energy for the average person...

6. Toomany10pins

Toomany10pins Well-Known Member

513 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    The game is “over officiated”.
    There is no flow, games seem to last forever.

DenCWBY likes this.
  7. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

14,052 Messages
    17,176 Likes Received
    More people are watching...going to the games in person less interesting.

Corso likes this.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

60,612 Messages
    110,154 Likes Received
    It's just a much better product to watch on TV and the gap gets wider every year.

9. flosho

flosho Well-Known Member

360 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    When it costs $600+ for two people to go to a home game of a playoff caliber team... it'seasy to see why attendance would be down.

10. Fire407

Fire407 Well-Known Member

571 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    It's mentioned in the article, but the Chargers are a huge part of the problem. They would only get about 17,000 to 20,000 at their games. Even the Rams drew about 70,000 average. You can hope for cheaper prices, but that usually only happens when your team sucks--unless you're the Cowboys and then the prices are high even with Jason Garrett.

11. sideon

sideon Well-Known Member

1,838 Messages
    1,872 Likes Received
    Every single team can complain about something that goes wrong in their games. How about they not leave it in the refs hands all the damn time, btw your explanation was basically you saying that you want them to show favoritism to the Cowboys.

12. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

7,485 Messages
    4,597 Likes Received
    minus $200. They would have to pay me to attend!

13. ArtClink

ArtClink Well-Known Member

1,002 Messages
    1,659 Likes Received
    I totally agree!

14. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

6,693 Messages
    11,451 Likes Received
    I agree... It didn't always used to be this way though.

But when I go to a Stars game, I don't drive to Dallas. I drive 10 minutes to a train station and take the train directly to the AA center. It saves so much trouble. No worries about traffic or parking.

Vtwin likes this.
  15. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

24,312 Messages
    17,305 Likes Received
    In your interpretation of it maybe. Mine is that if they were more cautious about calling things against their cash cow then maybe they would avoid some of the bad mistakes they have made against us.

I don't want them to make bad calls against any team or not call legitimate penalties against out team. But considering how the league benefits from Dallas doing well, I would certainly like for them to think long and hard about making calls like that too many men in the huddle.

Not making a bad call against a team isn't favoritism, it's doing what's right. If players like Brady can get roughing calls for defenders breathing on him then refs can have a mind-set of getting calls right in Dallas' games (and yes, I prefer they get it right for both teams).

16. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

2,517 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    If you were a young person, from a sheer fan experience point of view would you rather go to an MLS game and stand, sing, chant with other fans, make giant tifos, etc., or pay more to go to an enormous stadium that's not nearly as lively?

MLS is way ahead of the NFL in fan experience, IMO.

17. gmb1

gmb1 Well-Known Member

5,603 Messages
    5,128 Likes Received
    The tickets are so expensive. Plus the Cowboys aren't inspiring me to go to the games

18. lockster

lockster Well-Known Member

1,622 Messages
    648 Likes Received
    Fantasy Football is part of the problem. Ppl care more about the results in their league than the results for their team. That's one of many reasons why I refuse to play that crappy game

19. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆ Zone Supporter

25,743 Messages
    62,983 Likes Received
    Perfectly said.

20. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Moderator

30,798 Messages
    26,082 Likes Received
    You are certainly entitled to your wrong opinion.

tm1119 likes this.