PFT: NFL Cuts Preseason to Two Games in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
one heck of tune up against the last 2 MVPs at QB, dak can see what real élite guys do..jk

I bet they play a lot of starters and they play hard given the opponent and only 2 games..at least they are against good opponents..
Agreed. I like the quality of our preseason opponents. Our starters will need those games to get ready for the regular season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Long off season just got longer.
true, but I agree PS games are far too much risk for games that dont mean a whole lot.. I rathr them make it healthy to game 1 and two PS are against top teams so we will get our tune-ups big time..we do have TC,

add golf , Nascar, MLB, and the finish of MAVS season all coming about the same time.sports is going to be great distraction to these odd times..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, four would be much better but under the circumstances, this is not surprising.

Let the chips fall where they may and hope for the best. It'll simply be a challenge!

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I will consider it lucky if we see one preseason game.

The season is wayyy more important.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The league will now make one of the Cowboys preseason home games a road game because they can't have the Cowboys seem to be getting any preferential treatment. :rolleyes:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Is Zeke going to get any work in this year or is Mike going to let him use the first 2 weeks of the regular season to get into shape?

cern

Reaction score
Is Zeke going to get any work in this year or is Mike going to let him use the first 2 weeks of the regular season to get into shape?
Great question. I'd prefer he get some work.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Preseason games don’t matter much to the starters or the next 25 or so players. However, it does matter regarding the last 4 or so spots on the team, not to mention the practice squad. You need real live action to set those spots. Practice doesn’t tell the whole story and I guarantee every NFL coach would prefer an entire preseason.

cern

Reaction score
Nflpa must approve and so far haven't. Seems their thinkinjg is no preseason games in the interest of player safety.

Kaiser

Reaction score
How much revenue will be lost?

Not as much as regular season games, but its still significant. Jerry is running the numbers now.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.