PFT: Papa John's CEO, Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder wanted Goodell fired

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, May 7, 2022.

1. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    17,294 Messages
    31,194 Likes Received
  2. Hagman

Hagman Put Niland and Green in the ROH

2,779 Messages
    5,418 Likes Received
    Meanwhile, Jerry paid $2 million in legal bills resulting from his failed coup, Goodell suspends a Cowboy every time they fart, and Goodell is getting a contract extension with a huge pay boost. Other owners were talking about making Jerry sell the team and refuse to give him real value in trades.

Yea, not any better as an owner than he is as a general manager.

3. Ranching

Ranching Benched

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    37,068 Messages
    94,352 Likes Received
    aikemirv, risco, Paradox and 11 others like this.
  4. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

15,258 Messages
    28,681 Likes Received
    Jerry loses again.

5. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

8,915 Messages
    12,584 Likes Received
  6. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

4,499 Messages
    8,637 Likes Received
    Goodell has destroyed the NFL but Jerry is the worst owner in the league. He set this team up to fail since he fired Jimmy. He got lucky once. Not happening again.

7. MarcusRock

MarcusRock Well-Known Member

9,069 Messages
    10,290 Likes Received
    So how did that work out for everybody? LOL.

8. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

10,744 Messages
    13,303 Likes Received
    Goodell retaliated by suspending Zeke then he had the Cowboys shutdown their message boards website. So we all had to come here. I'm sure @Reality has enjoyed our company, so at least something good came of it.

Hey, since I'm kissing butt can I stop being suspended every time I turn around.
    :muttley:lol-jk.

9. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

7,702 Messages
    9,911 Likes Received
    I don't understand why Jones and Snyder would get the owner of a pizza chain to get involved in firing Goodell. What leverage does a private business owner have over Goodell? How could he get Goodell fired? This makes no sense. Jones needed to get the other owners to fire Goodell, that is the only way. But that is never going to happen because Goodell has always been in the pocket of some powerful owners. Jones and Snyder know this first hand from their experience dealing with Goodell. First, they were punished for violating the salary CAP after the last CBA expired and there was no salary CAP. The story is it was John Mara, the owner of the Giants who pushed Goodell to punish Dallas and Washington.

For Jerry, how could he forget the kangaroo court that wound up suspending Zeke Elliott 6 games after the lead investigator did not recommend suspension and was barred from attending the final hearing of Zeke's case. The female lead found the primary witness and accuser to lack credibility. Goodell suspended Zeke 6 games anyway.

Now Goodell is clearly attempting for force Snyder to sell his team using underhanded tactics, leaks, and investigations to smear Snyder.

Goodell is one of the worst commissioners the NFL has seen. The owners who want to pay him $50 million per year are the ones who pull the strings.

10. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

16,849 Messages
    13,837 Likes Received
    Jerry Hand picked Goodell for the job and I'm sure Jerry is very happy now with the billions the NFL is taking in because of Goodell...

11. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    59,643 Messages
    68,855 Likes Received
    And some say there is no bias against us. :popcorn:

12. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    59,643 Messages
    68,855 Likes Received
    More like the Billions the NFL and its teams are taking in because of Jerry.
    Jerry was the one that got the networks to pony up a lot more $$$ than they ever had. He got FOX to outbid CBS, and it started to snowball from there.

My3Sons, dogberry, adbutcher and 3 others like this.
  13. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

10,442 Messages
    11,982 Likes Received
    I want them all fired and Papa Johns pizza sucks!

14. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

8,843 Messages
    10,464 Likes Received
    I still can't for the life of me understand how a group of 32 billionaires and their bran trusts came to the conclusion that Roger Goodell should run their league and be paid a fortune to do so.

15. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

6,920 Messages
    12,632 Likes Received
    Destroyed the NFL lol? It’s literally the most poplar sport in America and had 18 of the 20 most watched sports telecasts last year.

Goodell isn’t perfect, but during his time the league has exploded into the monster it is today. We can all romanticize old times but ratings and following for the league are skyrocketing.

Motorola, csirl, J817 and 1 other person like this.
  16. TheMarathonContinues

TheMarathonContinues Well-Known Member

54,427 Messages
    48,422 Likes Received
    How has he destroyed it?

J817 and 817Gill like this.
  17. TheMarathonContinues

54,427 Messages
    48,422 Likes Received
    I’m so confused like I get people think Goodell has it out for the Cowboys but how has he ruined the NFL lol?

J817, BAT and 817Gill like this.
  18. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

6,920 Messages
    12,632 Likes Received
    Probably the fact that he’s made them more money than any other commissioner. Have you seen league revenues since he’s taken over?

Viewership is through the roof.

csirl and TheMarathonContinues like this.
  19. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

15,258 Messages
    28,681 Likes Received
    I see Jerry aligns himself with good company....

VaqueroTD and BAT like this.
  20. TheMarathonContinues

54,427 Messages
    48,422 Likes Received
    Yeah if they really wanted him gone he’d be gone. They pay him 50 million a year because he’s lucrative for the league.

J817 and 817Gill like this.