PFT: Papa John's CEO, Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder wanted Goodell fired

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, May 7, 2022.

1. JayFord

JayFord Well-Known Member

8,909 Messages
    14,056 Likes Received
    I understand Goddell has had a big hand in making the nfl into the beast it is through marketing

But the actual nfl product as a whole is obnoxious, from the constant commercials, to the draft being almost a clown show and the schedule release being an actual clown show by having parties and now a week long schedule release. Then you factor in the refs who are the worst in any of the 4 major sports in the US I mean it's not that their bad but it's the fact no one holds them accountable all of this is happening under Goddells watch

Maybe it's because I'm an older fan but the product is disgraceful at times and if removing Goddell makes it better I'm all for it, but he works for the owners really so it may not matter

lonestar2288 likes this.
  2. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

23,318 Messages
    12,222 Likes Received
    Yes, but what has he done wrong for them? He is in the middle of all the activities that happen.... And why the hate for Goidell?

3. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

23,318 Messages
    12,222 Likes Received
    He doesn't make those decisions. It's competition committee that includes owners, coaches and GMs. He is not a dictator of NFL. And as I mentioned NFL has never been so popular. Few like y may coming. More people become interested and fans.

nyc-cowboy and kskboys like this.
  4. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

45,140 Messages
    27,395 Likes Received
    Goodell almost single handily saved the league from further litigation and lawsuits from head injuries which his testimony to Congress ensured the league would take action with new rule changes , stricter officiating and financial assistance to those already affected .

I’m not sure fans realize how threatened the future of the league was . No other commissioner has been faced with the potential far reaching damage the league has undertook on his watch.

All the while continuing to enhance their network deals , wealth and image of the league . He no doubt will go down as one of the greatest commissioners in sports history despite some of the petty criticism from some fans over personal conduct decisions which again were in the best interest of the league protecting the shield .

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    nyc-cowboy and kskboys like this.
  5. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

32,920 Messages
    80,315 Likes Received
    Lol. Dan Snyder is in a heap of trouble. With that said, Goodell is going to do everything in his power to repay Snyder's generous karma!

6. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

33,039 Messages
    35,721 Likes Received
    Geeez, I'm continuously amazed at how many don't understand Goodell's role as the fall guy/heat taker. How are people so gullible?

What Jerry is actually fighting is the other owners. Don't forget, when Jerry tried to make moves to get rid of Goodell, the other owners renewed his contract and gave him a hefty raise. Goodell is put in place to carry out the orders of the owners. He's the assassin, not the one who ordered the hit.

7. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

33,039 Messages
    35,721 Likes Received
    Goodell is one of the best NFL Commishes pf all time. He's done his job at a very very high level. The more people hate him, the better the job he's done.

8. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

26,854 Messages
    19,479 Likes Received
    and who cares .. i wish the coup would have worked RG is tyrannical ruler..hes ruining the NFL and so bias and inconsistent with how he handled his own rules then judge and jury for his appeals etc its ridiculous how theres no one set of rules and punishments it has a bias floating scale..he also making it soft and has far too many rules and his official are juts bad..yet he ignores it..

the way its going his next job with be ruler of North Korea..:laugh: this is his practice..

9. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

9,759 Messages
    10,518 Likes Received
    Jerry has to be breaking some sort of record for bad press this off-season. Do you think someone is trying to ruin him or is karma just catching up to him?

Also, Goodell has seemed to stick it (pause) to the Cowboys every chance he gets, and we see why. Tho it's amazing lil Danny Snyder is still holding on to his team.

RS12, plymkr and J817 like this.
  10. Silly

Silly Well-Known Member

981 Messages
    895 Likes Received
    That is true. But there is so much money given to the players that they have to protect them.

11. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

7,301 Messages
    7,549 Likes Received
    ..Gordy found out, now Jerry's cowboys walk a thin line.

12. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

21,048 Messages
    19,322 Likes Received
    Jerry is not a good GM, this has to be obvious to even the most causal observer of the Cowboy's.

Hagman likes this.
  13. Miller

Miller Well-Known Member

9,595 Messages
    10,746 Likes Received
    I never understood Goodell’s reign. He screwed up Ray Rive investigation; he screwed up Deflategate and looked inept….he really hasn’t handled much well except the owners monetary interests. But he’s also been an embarrassment. Guy is a clown. A well paid clown

Proof likes this.
  14. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

28,893 Messages
    60,468 Likes Received
    Proof, Hawkeye0202 and Hagman like this.
  15. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

13,132 Messages
    9,793 Likes Received

Lol... Jones would own the league, he already git them once. Lol

16. NotForLong

NotForLong Well-Known Member

5,808 Messages
    6,540 Likes Received
    Have you ever researched His Family?

ILLUMINATTI CONFIRMED

17. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

4,464 Messages
    8,597 Likes Received
    The Goodell simps on this board are shocking.

Proof likes this.
  18. Cowpolk

Cowpolk Landry Hat

14,750 Messages
    22,224 Likes Received
    Jerry did not fire Jimmy

CowboyChris likes this.
  19. lonestar2288

lonestar2288 Active Member

179 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Goodell has made it the bigger spectacle, but Rozelle by far produced the better product. For that matter so did Tagliabue IMO. MNF, the Pro Bowl, even the playoffs to an extent had more substance then as opposed to now. Maybe my age is showing, but today's game in general doesn't excite me near as much as it did. I still enjoy it, and prefer it to all the other sports, but the game and atmosphere are completely different. For me Goodell represents that change. I'm just not impressed with his tenure

sunalsorises and Proof like this.
  20. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

16,613 Messages
    4,796 Likes Received
    May god wipe Goodell from the face of this planet.