PFT: Portis ranks the NFC East quarterbacks

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PORTIS RANKS THE NFC EAST QUARTERBACKS
Posted by Mike Florio on October 7, 2008, 11:22 a.m.

Commanders running back Clinton Portis, who is always ready to deliver an entertaining sound bite, ranked the quarterbacks of the NFC East during Tuesday’s edition of The Dan Patrick Show.

Portis placed Giants quarterback Eli Manning at the top, given that he is the reigning Super Bowl champ.

Next came Tony Romo of the Cowboys, because he’s the leader of a winning team.

Then came Donovan McNabb of the Eagles, because the team is always good under his leadership.

And finally Portis included his own quarterback, Jason Campbell. Portis explained that, like the Commanders, Campbell is “flying under radar” and to just “pay him no mind.”

It was classic Clinton Portis. But if T.O. had pulled a stunt like this, the crawl on ESPN would be proclaiming for the next 48 hours that “Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens rates Tony Romo fourth among all NFC East quarterbacks. And also peed in his coffee.”

FCBarca

Reaction score
True...But we all know that the media loves to stir the pot when it comes to T.O. and at the same time, a lot of that is the result of what T.O. himself has courted, I'm afraid

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Clinton has proven time and time again that he is a very strange person.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Did they have a translator on the show to decipher what portis said.

triplets92

Reaction score
theebs;2315993 said:
Did they have a translator on the show to decipher what portis said.

For the longest time I thought he spoke his own language

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Nothing weird here really. He can only really go two ways here. Either he says Campbell is the best, and gives other teams more gasoline, or he says his guy is last in the division, and flying under the radar, and he's proclaimed as strange.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Is being ranked second on ESPN power charts flying under the radar? I don't mind teams actually being against the world and using it (NE's first run). But I can't stand when teams create bs just to convince themselves that nobody gives them respect (NE's third run) and how it is them against the world. Lol. Washington is playing like a damn good team and I think most people recognize this.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2315978 said:
But if T.O. had pulled a stunt like this...

Maybe it's b/c TO has a reputation of throwing QBs under the bus in the past?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2316051 said:
Why does my cofee taste so off??

What you are tasting is the essence of crazy that is one Clinton Portis.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Maybe if T.O. wore those cute little costumes when he met with the media like Portis does, he'd get more love....

gambit187

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2315978 said:
PORTIS RANKS THE NFC EAST QUARTERBACKS
Posted by Mike Florio on October 7, 2008, 11:22 a.m.

Commanders running back Clinton Portis, who is always ready to deliver an entertaining sound bite, ranked the quarterbacks of the NFC East during Tuesday’s edition of The Dan Patrick Show.

Portis placed Giants quarterback Eli Manning at the top, given that he is the reigning Super Bowl champ.

Next came Tony Romo of the Cowboys, because he’s the leader of a winning team.

Then came Donovan McNabb of the Eagles, because the team is always good under his leadership.

And finally Portis included his own quarterback, Jason Campbell. Portis explained that, like the Commanders, Campbell is “flying under radar” and to just “pay him no mind.”

It was classic Clinton Portis. But if T.O. had pulled a stunt like this, the crawl on ESPN would be proclaiming for the next 48 hours that “Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens rates Tony Romo fourth among all NFC East quarterbacks. And also peed in his coffee.”

Of course Imagine if TO would
1. Dress up every week
2 Pulled Himself out of games
3. Told his coach he was not playing in certain preseason games
4. Called a radio show to challenge a talk show host with violence

come one now Portis is good, but dayummmmm hypocrits

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Portis, Portis, Portis. If you're trying to deflect the spotlight from your quarterback with your own... unique... sense of humor, you have failed miserably. As the great fictional character Forrest Gump once said, "Stupid is as stupid does".

Q_the_man

Reaction score
All and all, clinton hit the order right, now if he said Campbell was #1 u guys would have hit the fan.......

firehawk350

Reaction score
The very last part was the dead giveaway (pay him no mind). Portis was saying it tongue-in-cheek, like if Romo was to rank the WRs in the division...

1) Plex
2) Santana Moss
3) DeSean Jackson
4) TO... He's flying under the radar, pay him no mind

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
firehawk350;2316648 said:
The very last part was the dead giveaway (pay him no mind). Portis was saying it tongue-in-cheek, like if Romo was to rank the WRs in the division...

1) Plex
2) Santana Moss
3) DeSean Jackson
4) TO... He's flying under the radar, pay him no mind
I got it, it's just with some of the crazy things Portis has said in the past it might have went over some people's heads.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Right now McNabb is probably the worst of the bunch which goes to tell you how good the QB's are in the NFC East. I'd probably rank Campbell #1 *right now*, although I'd like to see how he does once a team shuts down their running game and isn't completely incompetent in the secondary. Eli still hasn't played anybody besides the Commanders...a game where he should've had 4 picks if the Commanders secondary didn't have hands of stone in that game. I still love Romo, but it's had to argue with a guy in Campbell who has a better QB and no turnovers yet.

If I wanted a guy to win it on their arm, I'd probably take Romo. If I wanted a guy to win it by not screwing up, right now I'd go with Campbell or Eli.

YAKUZA