PFT: Commanders chased Cooper "all the way until the end"

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Damn.....this will surprise a few (LOL). In other words, they wanted him bad.....

Washington chased Amari Cooper “all the way until the end”
Posted by Charean Williams on April 7, 2020, 2:51 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...hased-amari-cooper-all-the-way-until-the-end/

Ron Rivera downplayed Washington’s interest in tight end Austin Hooper.

Hooper has said it came down to Washington and Cleveland, and he signed a four-year, $42 million deal with the Browns. But Rivera said Tuesday that Washington wasn’t “really into” the Hooper sweepstakes, saying the team had no interest in resetting the tight end market.

Rivera, though, confirmed that Washington had more than just passing interest in receiver Amari Cooper.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TIy3YFB.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is exactly what happens in free agency. One team gets desperate and finds itself offering Cooper 22 million/year. All it takes is one team...

And we had four of the league's worst run franchises chasing after our talent:
  1. Washington
  2. Houston
  3. Chicago
  4. Miami
Terribly run teams who had money to burn, and did just that!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Plus they are likely 2-3 years away from getting back to contention. Likely didn't feel like being part of a rebuild.
In today's NFL it doesn't take 2-3 years to rebuild. They got their running back in place. Got their quarterback in place. Got their head coach. Now they just have to see if they made the right decision on all of those guys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I read an article where Cooper said he wanted to show the league “I can produce despite having a QB like Dak.”

I could hardly believe it when I read it.
Where is this article at?

Still doesn’t make Dak a good QB.
Why do you guys feel like its your priority to turn every thread into a Dak thread? Why do people have to be reminded that Dak isn't "a good qb"?

Carson

Reaction score
In today's NFL it doesn't take 2-3 years to rebuild. They got their running back in place. Got their quarterback in place. Got their head coach. Now they just have to see if they made the right decision on all of those guys.

I don't disagree. Especially with Rivera running the show. But they are still top heavy on the defensive front. Secondary is very weak, Receivers are weak (Minus Terry), Tight ends are non existent. Still have to see what Ron wants to do with Scherff and Trent.

Definitely trending up.

Proof

Reaction score
Rare to hear a head coach speak with that type of honesty.

lkelly

Reaction score
And we had four of the league's worst run franchises chasing after our talent:
  1. Washington
  2. Houston
  3. Chicago
  4. Miami
Terribly run teams who had money to burn, and did just that!

You didn't include the Raiders, who I'd put well ahead of Houston on any crap list. They signed any sweaty jock strap that came available in the Metroplex.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Damn.....this will surprise a few (LOL). In other words, they wanted him bad.....

Washington chased Amari Cooper “all the way until the end”
Posted by Charean Williams on April 7, 2020, 2:51 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...hased-amari-cooper-all-the-way-until-the-end/

Ron Rivera downplayed Washington’s interest in tight end Austin Hooper.

Hooper has said it came down to Washington and Cleveland, and he signed a four-year, $42 million deal with the Browns. But Rivera said Tuesday that Washington wasn’t “really into” the Hooper sweepstakes, saying the team had no interest in resetting the tight end market.

Rivera, though, confirmed that Washington had more than just passing interest in receiver Amari Cooper.
Ron Rivera credibility score with FanZone Cowboy haters just took a big hit.