PFT: Commanders chased Cooper "all the way until the end"

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
She actually had an afternoon show with Steve Dennis. It was 3 hours of Tony Romo-Roy Williams-T-New hate. Then they added wade phillips to the list. Steve Dennis loved owens, Engle hated him.
I remember it. I don't recall Engle liking anyone but Dirk.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
His last ~20 games does though.

by every metric he's been really good since actually getting people to throw to. rookie WRs are always questionable, but once Cooper came he's been very good. i have no idea how people miss that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Damn.....this will surprise a few (LOL). In other words, they wanted him bad.....

Washington chased Amari Cooper “all the way until the end”
Posted by Charean Williams on April 7, 2020, 2:51 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...hased-amari-cooper-all-the-way-until-the-end/

Ron Rivera downplayed Washington’s interest in tight end Austin Hooper.

Hooper has said it came down to Washington and Cleveland, and he signed a four-year, $42 million deal with the Browns. But Rivera said Tuesday that Washington wasn’t “really into” the Hooper sweepstakes, saying the team had no interest in resetting the tight end market.

Rivera, though, confirmed that Washington had more than just passing interest in receiver Amari Cooper.
the Commanders got lucky and will be Better for it, they will find a WR in the draft nearly as good on cheap rookie deal as they arent ready to make the leap yet and overpay for a dvia wr before your QB, OL, and other aspects of your team is ready to make a run, that wasn't smart..

the DC did them a favor..

Reid1boys

Reaction score
In today's NFL it doesn't take 2-3 years to rebuild. They got their running back in place. Got their quarterback in place. Got their head coach. Now they just have to see if they made the right decision on all of those guys.
they hardly "Got their QB in place." Haskings was like the 4th or 5th guy... he just happened to be all that was left and the Commanders were like.... ah, ****, just draft him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
they hardly "Got their QB in place." Haskings was like the 4th or 5th guy... he just happened to be all that was left and the Commanders were like.... ah, ****, just draft him.

Fourth or 5th guy? He was the #2 rated quarterback in the draft last year lol. They hardly "settled" for him lol.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Cooper didn't want to play on that terrible field 8 games a year.

Smart guy.

DC’s a cool city and Ron Rivera seems like a solid coach, but the field is awful and in Landover and the organization as a whole is a mess so I don’t blame him

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This is exactly what happens in free agency. One team gets desperate and finds itself offering Cooper 22 million/year. All it takes is one team...
Yeah..

But didn't most of us grow up wishing we were Joe Namath with his talent, money and good looks?

Only in America can somebody grow up and succeed like that.

Of course other countries have their heroes.

But Amari deserves credit he worked the system and still managed to keep his place with the team and its fans.

lkelly

Reaction score
Once. Last year lol. Or whenever they got Baker.
You must not know any Cleveland fans (that's understandable).

They have been convinced that they have their QB every time around. When you take a guy #1 overall (or even in the top 10), the pick sells itself even if it turns out to be a dud.

Put away the anointing oil on any Washington QB. I sill remember my buddy texting me that RGIII was the best QB in 20 years for Washington and we see where that ended up.

Kwyn

Reaction score
They got their QB of the future in place. Time to develop him. I don't get the hate Dwayne Haskins gets....either they draft a guy this year or they have Haskins...anyway they got their QB.
It wouldn’t shock me if they took Tua. They would have years to see plenty of both and the. Could always trade one for a return on their investment. Never get back the value of the pick, but they could get something. Haskins was #15 so getting back a late first or early second in 2021 doesn’t seem crazy to me

Kwyn

Reaction score
Where is this article at?

Why do you guys feel like its your priority to turn every thread into a Dak thread? Why do people have to be reminded that Dak isn't "a good qb"?
Exactly - the post you quoted is such utter and complete crap

there are only a handful of players in the league who would dis their own QB like that and Amari is sure as hell not one of them.

Kwyn

Reaction score
She actually had an afternoon show with Steve Dennis. It was 3 hours of Tony Romo-Roy Williams-T-New hate. Then they added wade phillips to the list. Steve Dennis loved owens, Engle hated him.
Steve Dennis is the worst radio sports guy in the market. He’s never had an original idea, he’s not funny, and his voice and delivery are obnoxious

I just can’t believe they went from Grandpa Urine to Dennis

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You must not know any Cleveland fans (that's understandable).

They have been convinced that they have their QB every time around. When you take a guy #1 overall (or even in the top 10), the pick sells itself even if it turns out to be a dud.

Put away the anointing oil on any Washington QB. I sill remember my buddy texting me that RGIII was the best QB in 20 years for Washington and we see where that ended up.
That’s where you are confused. I’m not anointing anyone. My point is, it doesn’t take 3 years to rebuild anymore. That’s a myth Jason Garrett sold fans.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It wouldn’t shock me if they took Tua. They would have years to see plenty of both and the. Could always trade one for a return on their investment. Never get back the value of the pick, but they could get something. Haskins was #15 so getting back a late first or early second in 2021 doesn’t seem crazy to me
I think it’s a big mistake. I think they can build on what they have now and get Chase Young. But trust me...I hope they take Tua.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

One thing is obvious, Riveria isn't impressed with Haskins at all. So I'm guessing this kid is on a short leash ( couple years max ).

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Yea...All the way to a https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRfbZoaNMG5adxf0Mm-4kUcBf5WEAnJS0cYsB0oGzPuhubYI1ep&usqp=CAU:laugh: