News: PFT: Report: Cowboys "all but given up hope" of Randy Gregory's reinstatement

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Yes, yet at the same time, could there be some dysfunctions in the league office that are going on behind the scenes that are playing up
big in the delay of Randy's reinstatement? Sure they have a responsibility but they are capable of mistakes.
and why not ? The league and it's dear commissioner has did this before -per Zeke Elliott suspension which proved bogus with Goodell's
own league investigators determining that they found no evidence of misconduct towards Zeke, but yet Mr. Judge, Jury and Executioner
sought to go at it with the powers within him that be, and shockingly suspended Zeke.

From what i am hearing, the Randy's camp has apparently done their part. He's officially filed for his reinstatement
But the league is apparently dropping the ball - for whatever reasons behind the scenes, with the delays.

If he indeed filed his paperwork and the time the league has to make a decision has come and gone, then Gregory’s agent and/or the PA should be filling a grievance or actual lawsuit. I just find it hard to believe he is sitting at home healthy, sober, and ready to go but is just waiting for the league and accepting them being a moth past the deadline for a decision. Something else is going on or it would have been decided by now.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
That's too bad if true, but just don't know why they haven't made an official ruling. Perhaps they told him hey at this point you're not going to get a favorable ruling, but keep yourself clean through the summer and we'll consider reinstatment in August if you holdup your end?

Who knows outside of Goodell, but time to go get some help if true. Clowney seems way out of a resonable price range. Take a look at Griffen and maybe Cameron Wake? Griffen could be a plug and play starter while Wake would be more of a reserve pass rusher.

aria

Reaction score
It looks, to me, like he's a dude trying to navigate through life with THC as a medicative assistant.
Just because it was a ridiculously banned substance gets people to make disparaging assumptions about him.

Yes, I did make up the word "medicative". I kind of like it.
Better be careful, a sertain someone doesn’t like maid up words but I’m sure he wood let you slide.

aria

Reaction score
Gregory has pissed away too many chances already. Stupid decision to draft a guy who flunked a drug test at the combine.
But Jerry wood look sooooo smart if he worked out and people would talk about how great of a GM he actually is. At least that wood be his hope.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Goodell night to all..I hear he may not have met all of his obligations for reinstatement. Time to finally cut the cord on this one.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Consider the source, PFT via Hill.
It is only as good as what you make of it depending ones opinion.

I don’t even think about it, as whatever happens, happens, when it happens. It is not like the season depends on him.

cern

Reaction score
Better be careful, a sertain someone doesn’t like maid up words but I’m sure he wood let you slide.
Medicative is a word. It's certain, not sertain. It's made up, not maid up. And it's would let, not wood let. And you complain about my not using caps.:):):) i know you only jest.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
that's what i was thinking too, ..but could this CoVid 19 crisis have played any serious delay or distraction as a big part between Alden's reinstatement back in May and now in July.

According to the latest from Bryan Broaddus on 105.3 the fan radio , there are some key league officials that normally play a huge part in the reinstatement process - that are no longer there, and apparently the league may be still scrambling ( or not scrambling ?) in replacing them.
That's a interesting aspect of it that I didn't know about. Seems like he's getting the short end of the stick here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Apples and oranges........Aldon is a recovering alcoholic with clear proof of following a treatment plan through 8+ months of sobriety, exactly what you wanna see. He talks openly about his recovery and taking one step at a time. Randy, on the other hand, it's hard to say. Only sure thing about Randy and this process is it's been all most 3 years and no one seems to have straight answers about his recovery ( if there's one) or progress.
But what Aldon did was far more egregious recovery or not. I just disagree.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Because there is more going on than we know. They expected him to try and come back last year and he basically disappeared. He has basically disappeared again and no one knows when and if he actually filed any paperwork. Nothing but confusion surrounds the entire situation and no one is saying a word. That pretty much tells you all you need to know. He doesn't have his life in order and his priority is still not football.

I'm pretty sure we got the word that the paperwork was filed months ago.

I really hate how the NFL keeps this stuff secret.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
from what i'm hearing fro Broddadus hear say ; it's problems with the NFL league office... than it being Randy's fault.

the personnel in charge that have a big part of the reinstatement process, visitation, upfront discussions, with the NFL office are no longer there and the league is in back logged in replacing those officials.

the Randy camp is ready ...the NFL league office is not

Just screwing Randy again.

Sounds like Goodell.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After reading about Stephen and Jerry NOT giving up on Gregory, it's clear (once again) that Hill is talking out of his ***.