PFT: Report: Raiders ready to offer Brady two-year, $60M

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Isn’t this what the Pats were willing to offer? If that is true than the Pats would be a better choice.
I was just going to say what @CouchCoach said in his first sentence above, but I'll let him tell you. :grin:

Edit: I was referring to the post above the post that's now above this post.

Edit #2: This .... "Don't know about that, there's that Belichick/Brady connection that I am sure both would like to prove wrong. Some think they can't win without the other."

quickccc

Reaction score
I think it’s more, we’re preparing for the future.

I just don’t see Brady taking 30 million to stink with the Raiders as opposed to taking 25-29 to play on a contender

I dont see it either.
And that's consist of learning new system, new coaches, trying to establish a new rapport with totally different players
Everything will be all anew with Brady
And those coaches have to get adjusted to him as well.
All while risking more (much more) of the speed bump losing curve with radas that he didn't have to go thru near as much in new England ?
A 41 year older on a cleanly rebuilding team?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He’s not going there. He has 1-2 years left to win again. Raiders aren’t close to competing (especially in the same division as KC) and Brady isn’t about the money.

Isn't about the money?

I think you think 30 mill is a great salary for a top QB. It isn't.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Isn't about the money?

I think you think 30 mill is a great salary for a top QB. It isn't.
I would say it is. Looking at the highest cap hits of 2020 I see one extremely overpaid QB (doesn't mean it sets the market standard) in Goff at $36 mil. Kirk and Russell make $31, Ben makes $33. Flacco, Ryan, Jimmy make between $24-$27. Everyone else makes $22 or less.

I know the cap increases every year, but the QB positions doesn't increase in proportion with the rest of the positions, and I think it needs to start sooner than later since it's clearly trying to get out of hand. I would say low 30's should be the highest bar for the best QBs, not the average ones. 2 years at $30 for Brady would put him right there near the top.

kskboys

Reaction score
be funny if they brought him in and Carr beat him out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!