News: PFT: Rod Marinelli, Cowboys hope to keep Kris Richard

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rod Marinelli, Cowboys hope to keep Kris Richard

kris-richard.jpeg

Rod Marinelli doesn't need the credit or accolades anymore. He's earned respect as a defensive coordinator and will never get another shot at being a head coach. So Marinelli, 69, has b...

Read Full Story

ShiningStar

Reaction score
yes, but only Richard can make that decision. Lets see what happens before we all start tripping.

Pants

Reaction score
while I understand WHY this is coming out now, I hate it that this must be a distraction for Richard and the team....there is a game in about 50 hours and interviews, etc take time away from his prep in the most important game Dallas has played in a while

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Of the teams that interviewed Richard, only Miami has yet to hire somebody else.

I think Richard will make a great head coach someday, but he will need some time. The more likely scenario is he gets a raise here as Rod Marinelli's eventual successor.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
while I understand WHY this is coming out now, I hate it that this must be a distraction for Richard and the team....there is a game in about 50 hours and interviews, etc take time away from his prep in the most important game Dallas has played in a while

In January 1993 Dave Wannestdat took the Chicago Bears head coaching job but was still our defensive coordinator through the playoffs. The Cowboys whipped the Bills 52-17 in the Super Bowl. No distractions, it's just a case of Richard trying to advance in his profession.

Swanny

Reaction score
This is what happens when your team is successful

Pants

Reaction score
In January 1993 Dave Wannestdat took the Chicago Bears head coaching job but was still our defensive coordinator through the playoffs. The Cowboys whipped the Bills 52-17 in the Super Bowl. No distractions, it's just a case of Richard trying to advance in his profession.
media attention was DRASTICALLY different 25 years ago....this is everywhere....his phone has to be blowing up constantly with texts, twitters, facebook (if he is even on there) and every other legit form....to say this isn't a distraction at all just isn't right....although, I would like the same outcome, thank you very much

GenoT

Reaction score
If Kris Richard gets a solid HC offer, he’s gone; as Jerry Jones is simply NOT gonna pay an assistant-coach HC $$$$, or give him HC power.

If Richard doesn’t get a solid HC offer, he will most likely stay here.

It’s not that complicated, guys.

IMHO, Richard was a Rooney Rule interview for any 2019 HC openings he interviewed for.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know, man. That last line of Marinelli's sounds like he wants Richard to go get the HC job in Miami........Why is that? :grin:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I don't know, man. That last line of Marinelli's sounds like he wants Richard to go get the HC job in Miami........Why is that? :grin:

simple, anyone who knows Richard, (cowboy fans dont count because they want to forget this) knows Richard probably doesnt want to be a puppet. and if hes firery as a DB coach do you honeslty think JJ and SJ wants to deal with that? Slow mediocrity is their pace.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Anyone else find it annoying this is going on during our playoff run? I mean damn, other teams should have some respect for us. Just because they’re sitting on their couches in Jan. doesnt mean we are.

Richard has work to do and this is unnecessary distractions. Plenty of time for this in the off-season.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Anyone else find it annoying this is going on during our playoff run? I mean damn, other teams should have some respect for us. Just because they’re sitting on their couches in Jan. doesnt mean we are.

Richard has work to do and this is unnecessary distractions. Plenty of time for this in the off-season.

i always thought you couldnt touch a coach untl they were out of the playoffs. When did this change? also odd, many teams filled teihr positions before plucking any from the winner.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

It happens every year, to every team that has a coach worth stealing. I'm not sure if they needed Jerry's permission to interview Richard, but they got it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It happens every year, to every team that has a coach worth stealing. I'm not sure if they needed Jerry's permission to interview Richard, but they got it.
I think they might have since our season isn’t complete.

cern

Reaction score
simple, anyone who knows Richard, (cowboy fans dont count because they want to forget this) knows Richard probably doesnt want to be a puppet. and if hes firery as a DB coach do you honeslty think JJ and SJ wants to deal with that? Slow mediocrity is their pace.
Totally disagree. Both Jerry and Stephen would love to have richard, imo.

rynochop

Reaction score
This is all about the Rooney rule, which is sad..he will be back