News: PFT: Russell Wilson's recruiting helped Randy Gregory pick the Broncos

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Denver’s problem now. We’ll see how motivated he is when he can smoke all he wants and afford the fines easily.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Regarding the efforts of Russell Wilson to recruit Gregory. “That’s pretty special, especially when it’s someone like Russell Wilson. He has a busy life and a big family. He’ll drop everything, whether he’s at a children’s hospital or with his family, to FaceTime with Randy Gregory.”

that’s pretty damn weird to say imo.

I don't know why some people talk about themselves in third person.

Randy did what was best for him. And while Jerry did help him he had to help himself as well. We have people in society who harm children and women….that’s probably something to lose faith in..

Oh here we go pointing at others and shifting the blame.

It doesn't matter what other people are doing, Randy Gregory is still a piece of crap.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't know why some people talk about themselves in third person.

Oh here we go pointing at others and shifting the blame.

It doesn't matter what other people are doing, Randy Gregory is still a piece of crap.
Who did I shift blame to? All I’m saying is this a sport. Losing faith and n humanity over football is downright pathetic. There’s no loyalty in this world if it was why did they try and sneak stuff in his contract?

erod

Reaction score
Who did I shift blame to? All I’m saying is this a sport. Losing faith and n humanity over football is downright pathetic. There’s no loyalty in this world if it was why did they try and sneak stuff in his contract?
I don't know, maybe because he's been a habitually lying addict his entire college and pro career?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Probably just texted him the below picture and the word “Denver” and that was it.

cannabis-leaf-sign.jpg

Probably the easiest recruiting job in Wilson’s career. I bet he didn’t even have to let Gregory know who he was on the text.

Followed by the words "....Unlimited bra!"

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
..wow, that says lots of Dak. Threw him right under a Mack truck.

Hope John Denver writes him a new song, "Almost heaven, ...back to smokin in the trailer".
:huh:

so we had a deal, all done. then stephen just gets cute...and that's Dak's fault. for all intent and purposes, Gregory was about to sign...

come on perhaps Ukraine war is Dak's fault some how...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't know what it says if anything about Dak. Maybe he sent Gregory a text, maybe he saw some offensive pieces as bigger priorities, etc. Maybe he thought Gregory was overrated and decided to stay out of it. Who knows
maybe the news was that jones talked to gregory the night before and the deal was agreed upon, maybe Stephen got cute last minute adding language...just maybe

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So glad that idiot is gone. I think we'll revisit this a year from now and learn that we lucked out with him walking.
Actually, we probably won't even care to revisit the situation a year from now because we'll be drunk coming off our Super Bowl win.

Cowboys!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Glad RW had the juice to get Gregory in Denver. Maybe they can better absorb his lapses in availability.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Cowboys already said it was standard language. Gregory just wanted a mile high. .
but it wasn't in the original contract, and stephen added it last minute, or at least that's the story.

you don't try to sneak something in there last minute. you pick up the phone and talk to him or the agent.

with that said, if Gregory balked at behaviour language, then I would be concerned about how he plans to behave. I doubt if it was just if he is fined for any reason. His agent is just trying to get ahead of the marketing train and put a story out there

MarcusRock

Reaction score
but it wasn't in the original contract, and stephen added it last minute, or at least that's the story.

you don't try to sneak something in there last minute. you pick up the phone and talk to him or the agent.

with that said, if Gregory balked at behaviour language, then I would be concerned about how he plans to behave. I doubt if it was just if he is fined for any reason. His agent is just trying to get ahead of the marketing train and put a story out there

If both contracts have a difference to them regarding guarantees then that is enough reason to go elsewhere, whether there was funny business or not. If Denver doesn't have the language then it's the better contract. The fact that Gregory's guarantees were only $28M on a $70M deal tell me his past was already factored in. I can't believe dollars are discussed and the fact it'll have strings isn't. I mean, the deal got to the point it was widely reported he was coming back to Dallas. Something had to change between then and the backout.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys already said it was standard language. Gregory just wanted a mile high. .
According to no one but them, it is not standard language for guarantee forfeiture with fines. Suspensions? Yes, that's agreed upon by the NFLPA. And up to the team to enforce that.

Which is why the agents go for so much upfront money, good luck getting that back.

If this is standard, why did they run it in at the 11th hour? They're lying but they're talking, same thing.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Honestly if the money is the same it would be silly to choose Dallas.
exactly opposite.
Dallas is 15.6% cheaper in cost of living versus Denver.
Dude took a 15% pay cut to physically move.
Neither Russell Wilson nor the Broncos were very good last year so this marriage is not at all guaranteed to bring them/him any closer to a title.

Seahawks teammates were blasting Wilson all last year.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
According to no one but them, it is not standard language for guarantee forfeiture with fines. Suspensions? Yes, that's agreed upon by the NFLPA. And up to the team to enforce that.

Which is why the agents go for so much upfront money, good luck getting that back.

If this is standard, why did they run it in at the 11th hour? They're lying but they're talking, same thing.
Story has come out making it all very clear there was zero last minute change.
That was all nonsense.
Randy simply got wooed by Denver as this article details.
Randy and La'el Collins had both signed contracts under this agent with that same language.
Dallas met every dollar of the DEN contract.
Randy just liked being wooed and yes likely a state far closer to Cali that has legal weed didn't hurt.