News: PFT: Saints unhappy with missed helmet-to-helmet hit on Alvin Kamara

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
They should be. It was a totally blown call.

The officiating was definitely in Dallas favor tonite. The last interference call to close the game was iffy too especially in that situation with basically an uncatchable ball.
I don’t believe you believe that. You’re trying to get a rise out of those blessed with site.

But I’ll play along. As others have stated:
1. Push off for their only td
2. Phantom offsides on Gregory that saved them from a turnover
3. Dak has his head spun around by the facemask. Which would’ve given us 1st and goal or the same thing the pi gave us.

HungryLion

Reaction score

The officiating was definitely in Dallas favor tonite. The last interference call to close the game was iffy too especially in that situation with basically an uncatchable ball.

No way man. The refs were horrible tonight for both teams. Totally incompetent.

That being said. The last PI was a legit calll.

The defender made contact and didn’t turn his head around. That’s textbook. All the defender had to do, was look for the ball and he didn’t. They call that 90% of the time.

And the ball wasn’t uncatchable.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Lol, why aren't they complaining about the missed facemasks on Prescott then too to be fair? The only reason they were in the game was because of penalities against the Cowboys and they missed way more that favored the Cowboys than the 1 they missed that favored the Saints.

InTheZone

Reaction score
They got away with a PI for their only td and had a facemask on one of Daks runs. It definitely was a bad game for the refs, missed calls both ways but unusually weird how they missed some crucial ones around the ball carrier. Not often do we get away with penalties. He'll we were even gifted a 1st down on beasleys catch when he was clearly a full yard short, knee down.

John813

Reaction score
I get it from a players safety standpoint. However, the refs missed a bad facemask call on Dak later on.

Refs last night were bipolar. Let some stuff go but then the next series were over analyzing any hand play

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I wonder if they’re also not happy about these:

1). The missed offensive PI on their lone TD
2). The bogus call against Gregory (lined up in the neutral zone) that cost us a forced turnover and points
3). The obviously missed face mask against Dak

I bet they don’t bring up any of those missed or botched calls!

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only thing worse than the officiating yesterday was the Saints offense. They deserved a loss.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

You must need glasses. The DB was holding the receiver’s left arm. Even Buck, Aikman, and what’s his name (former head of officiating) stated as much.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
All in all, there were more than enough botched calls and non-calls for both sides to complain about non-stop last night. The intensity of that game was something that this team needs to recall in the days and weeks ahead if they're truly determined to win a title. As such, it should rightfully be used as a catalyst for greater things to come. Evidently, this team took Garrett's preaching to heart Thursday night.

The defensive effort put forth in that game was certainly something to be proud of and should boost their confidence for the remainder of the season and beyond. Looking ahead, if the Dallas offense can somehow manage to match this team's defensive intensity going forward, it could ultimately prove to be magical. Greater things can and do happen when an entire team wants it badly enough.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
They should be but my gosh that was some bad officiating.

I’m sure Dallas isn’t happy about watching the defender grab Daks face mask and turn his neck sideways either.
And I believe that’s the NFL number one crew
It was a bad hit, Gregory wasn’t off sides, Brown was pushed in the end zone

mmohican29

Reaction score
Kamara's response was actually great:

“Did one come out?” Kamara answered rhetorically when asked if he was expecting a flag.
“It is what it is,” he added. “It don’t matter what I was expecting.”

Hard to have an issue with that if that's supposed to be complaining.

Good for AK.

He had a real tough night. But that earns respect from me right there.

He's right, I feel the same way as a fan- that if we don't make a play when a play is there to be made, then we don't deserve benefit from hustle from another team who did what it had to do to prevent the play from being made.

It's why I hardly whine about non-holds anymore even though I've never seen a team with a D-Line like the Cowboys have get such a lack of respect from officials. I do think that Gregory call was really conspicuous. Looked like the ref waited until the play was blown up to throw the flag even in live action.

basilhayden

Reaction score
By league rules, it should have been a penalty.

But what I don't understand is how a player diving through the air with momemtum is somehow expected to change the motion of their helmet so it doesn't come into contact with another players helmet. I mean Smith obviously didn't intend to hit helmet to helmet, no player would do that because it could cause injury to both players. But when Kamara ducked at the last second, helmet to helmet contact was initiated at that point. How can something like that be prevented?

I think it should only be when the other player is down. Then it is intentional.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I know the refs missed it, but frankly, it wasn't vicious nor egregious.

New Orleans holds and leans up front on offense...but everyone else needs to play flag football....yea, right. They got outplayed this one! Go Cowboys!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Good for AK.

He had a real tough night. But that earns respect from me right there.

He's right, I feel the same way as a fan- that if we don't make a play when a play is there to be made, then we don't deserve benefit from hustle from another team who did what it had to do to prevent the play from being made.

It's why I hardly whine about non-holds anymore even though I've never seen a team with a D-Line like the Cowboys have get such a lack of respect from officials. I do think that Gregory call was really conspicuous. Looked like the ref waited until the play was blown up to throw the flag even in live action.

Yea, I'm guilty too...of a Cowboys bias also. It's an emotional game, and OUR team had it last night!

aikemirv

Reaction score
Cowboys unhappy with missed facemask on Dak, phantom offsides call that negated a turnover, missed offensive pass interference that gave NO a TD, etc, etc..

Keep crying, losers. We win!
They have no business complaining one bit about officiating since it gave them their only TD.

Jaylon will get a fine for sure!

Beaker42

Reaction score
I will not defend the officiating but the Dak FM was in the middle of a pile. Either way, Kamara was falling and I'm not sure why this is such a big deal given a bunch of blown other calls.

I think the refs had way too much to do with this game.
They obviously took the Saints. OPI for their only score. They can suck it.

slomoxn

Reaction score

They pointed out the reason it was called was because when they see one hand going for the ball the look for where the other is. It’s usually being held, bad throw but never given a chance to extend for it because the dB has his other arm.