News: PFT: Saints unhappy with missed helmet-to-helmet hit on Alvin Kamara

lukin2006

Reaction score
They should be. It was a totally blown call.

The officiating was definitely in Dallas favor tonite. The last interference call to close the game was iffy too especially in that situation with basically an uncatchable ball.

MP the rules analyst said it was a proper call.

lukin2006

Reaction score
In the very near future, I suspect these type of play will be reviewable.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Saints unhappy with missed helmet-to-helmet hit on Alvin Kamara

pft254-e1543559136564.jpg

Saints running back Alvin Kamara took a vicious hit from Jaylon Smith in the fourth quarter. Slow-mo replays showed the Cowboys linebacker leading with the crown of his helmet. Officials did not pe...

Read Full Story
the refs missed a lot last night on both sides...the TD catch by saints, was a push off they missed right in front of them. there were others like face mask on Dak....twice....and this was supposed to be an experienced crew.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He was woozy for sure.

But in the end, Brees blew it for them.
A full 2 minutes...eternity basically...to get either 3 to tie or 6 to win. He ends up giving the ball right back to us. :D

If any team would never expect to win with only 10 points, it would be them.
Im sure theyd never believe you if you said their opponent would score 13, yet they’d lose
:muttley:

davey999

Reaction score
Push off missed.
Missed facemask on Dak.
BS offisides call on Gregory which had it not been called would have pretty much ended the game.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Saints should be upset that no call was made but that is the tip of the iceberg in what was a horribly officiated game by the leagues most experienced officiating crew. It was pathetic, not just on this one missed call. Blatant missed calls both ways all game long.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
MP the rules analyst said it was a proper call.
How do you think we would have thought of the call if it ended the game for us?

I’m not disputing the call as much as I am the timing of it. Pretty tough call to make to end the game . I’m not sure he could have made the catch anyway.

We’ll take it of course. There we’re many missed calls on both sides. I thought that one could have been missed too.

sbark

Reaction score
The Saints should be upset that no call was made but that is the tip of the iceberg in what was a horribly officiated game by the leagues most experienced officiating crew. It was pathetic, not just on this one missed call. Blatant missed calls both ways all game long.
Experience crew decided to let them play,

pancakeman

Reaction score
Honestly, I am starting to think they are all told to make huge deals out of it. They have had so many legal issues pertaining to head trauma. I honestly think the NFL wants a huge deal made out of it for PR. To make sure people know they are watching it, and don't want it to happen. We live in a crazy would where everything is an issue. So you have to overly show you care, to get people off your (NFL) back.
I think you’re right that P.R. is a consideration here.
At the same time, I’m not sure thinking head trauma is an issue makes this a “crazy world”.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The officiating last night on a couple critical calls definitely dismisses the notion there’s a conspiracy against the Cowboys.

lukin2006

Reaction score
How do you think we would have thought of the call if it ended the game for us?

I’m not disputing the call as much as I am the timing of it. Pretty tough call to make to end the game . I’m not sure he could have made the catch anyway.

We’ll take it of course. There we’re many missed calls on both sides. I thought that one could have been missed too.

We have been on the wrong end of calls plenty times that likely changed the game. In my opinion, Payton had no challenges in the second half was the game changer.

GMO415

Reaction score
I wonder if they’re also not happy about these:

1). The missed offensive PI on their lone TD
2). The bogus call against Gregory (lined up in the neutral zone) that cost us a forced turnover and points
3). The obviously missed face mask against Dak

I bet they don’t bring up any of those missed or botched calls!
4). TE spun and slammed to the ground on the sideline

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Only TD they got was keep alive by a bunch of penalties. The Refs kept them in the game. Plus, Cowboys could have won the game by 14-21 points, if it wasn't for the push off, if Dak had connected with Gallup and if Garrett had wanted to be petty like Payton was against the Eagles. And decide to try and punch the ball into the endzone with two minutes left and the game won. :rolleyes:

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I have to disagree. The Saints got the better or it was close to even on the bad calls. The last PI call was legitimate. The defender clearly grabbed the arm of the receiver. The Saints benefitted from the missed PI call on their TD, and the missed face mask penalty. Dallas benfitted from the missed helmet to helmet hit, and the lunge by Beasley.

I have to call out the refs for that last holding call against Collins, too. Hear me out; While I realize that TECHNICALLY it was a hold, that is the way opposing teams 'block' our defenders on every play and it does not get called.

So if they are going to call holding on Collins for the 'wrap-em-up' blocking technique, then they need to start calling it on every team we play when they block OUR guys.

(And no, I'm never ever calling them "The Hotboyz")

PUSHfold

Reaction score
They should be. It was a totally blown call.

The officiating was definitely in Dallas favor tonite. The last interference call to close the game was iffy too especially in that situation with basically an uncatchable ball.

Uncatchable ball??? It hit Cooper's right hand and he 100% catches that ball if his left arm isn't being held.
Dak delivered an absolutely perfect ball on that throw, exactly where it's supposed to be where only his man could catch it.
Really dude?

PUSHfold

Reaction score
You must need glasses. The DB was holding the receiver’s left arm. Even Buck, Aikman, and what’s his name (former head of officiating) stated as much.

Bullcrap go watch the replay it's clear as day he's holding Coopers arm on that play. LOL are you kidding man? You either didn't watch the play or you need glasses of some kind.

Sydla

Reaction score
And the Cowboys are upset that the refs missed a clear push off on the Saints only TD and a clear facemask on Dak on our last big drive.

So quit your whining NO.