PFT: Sean Payton nearly became Cowboys coach in 2019; could it happen now?

CWR

Reaction score

There will be compensation

Damn I thought it was ONE more season. That pretty much crushes any hope I had for getting him. We aren't giving them multiple picks, nor would I want to.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
We are talking about Mike Florio here. I'd take his report with a huge grain of salt.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Im more concerned about the offense and what he could do for Dak’s development. Dak started regressing as the year went along. Payton could turn that around.
He is a true qb whisperer.
Looked what he did with Jameies

fivetwos

Reaction score
We are talking about Mike Florio here. I'd take his report with a huge grain of salt.
I don't think the guy is a liar, but that report that Jerry was ready to trade for Payton after the Ram playoff loss just doesn't sound like a Jerry move.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Everyone getting all worked up over Sean Payton who will be taking at least a year break from coaching. Better get used to fat head for at least another year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Damn I thought it was ONE more season. That pretty much crushes any hope I had for getting him. We aren't giving them multiple picks, nor would I want to.

Some on this board would have no problem trading the farm for a burned out head coach.

Reactions: CWR

visionary

Reaction score
How does this make any sense?

Payton has informed the saints that he isn’t going to work next year. Why would they pay him?

so if they’re not pay him how can he be under contract? If he’s not under contract he can sign with anyone

JBS

Reaction score
so if they’re not pay him how can he be under contract? If he’s not under contract he can sign with anyone
No, that’s not how it works. Payton can’t just quit and terminate his contract. That’s what you are suggesting would happen. That makes no sense.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

JBS

Reaction score
That ship has sailed....he used the Cowboys for leverage on a new NO contract. Do you really think he was gonna come in to be a Yes man for Jerry.? Its called the art of negotiation.
Drink more Tequila. Don Julio 70

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Keeping the farm has never gotten us anywhere

Trading the farm for an aging head coach who’s only Super Bowl win was longer ago than McCarthy’’s isn’t going to get us anywhere. With 21 unrestricted free agents we’re going to lose a lot of talent as it is. We need our premium draft picks.

JBS

Reaction score
Trading the farm for an aging head coach who’s only Super Bowl win was longer ago than McCarthy’’s isn’t going to get us anywhere.
So we are going nowhere no matter what. Who cares.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That ship has sailed....he used the Cowboys for leverage on a new NO contract. Do you really think he was gonna come in to be a Yes man for Jerry.? Its called the art of negotiation.

He would not be a yes man for Jerry. I think he'll get the same respect Parcell got.......the keys to the building (lol)

blueblood70

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ok so stop worrying about what they do or don’t trade for SP

There isn’t anything to worry about he’s not trading draft picks for a head coach