PFT: Should Zeke hold out for a new deal?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I dont even care anymore...I hope everyone holds out and this team falls apart so Jerry is forced to get a real GM and coach
I guess you haven't heard of William Maclay. Just saying Jerry's no longer than GM. He doesn't make the decisions. He just runs his mouth after the decision is made

CPanther95

Reaction score
If Bell had gotten the $30 million guaranteed that was expected, there might have been more of a ripple effect. You could make a strong case for giving up a year & $14.5 million for a guaranteed $30 million a year later. But when you combine the only $25M he got from the Jets with the $20.5M guaranteed in 2018 he passed up by not signing the Steelers contract, he's a clear loser for holding out. He could have either played 2018 for $20.5M and still become a free agent this year (if the Steelers cut him) - or he would have received $33M for playing 18 & 19 for the Steelers.

Offer him a fair contract this off-season and lock him up for the next 5 years. If he holds out, he can't win. If he refuses to play, he'll be 365 lbs and run a 5.3 40yd before another team can even look at him.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes. But he didn't come out because he wanted to
You can't go on a 8 play Drive finally get into the Red Zone and have your running back take himself out of the game because he's gassed. That's why I hated the play-calling there was no balance. That's why we sucked in the red zone the first half of the season

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And yet he produced at a high level
Zeke is as durable as they come.
He most likely will be performing at this level in eight years from now.

He produced due to high volume - what was his longest run this year? How many TDs did he have?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Smash Mouth football. They didn't want to leave this youngest starting defense. On the field they knew that would be suspect.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
IHigh volume still counts as high level. He is as effective grinding out yards as much as he would getting it in chunks.
He got his yards.
High volume is not high level. How many fourth Downs did he not make. There were at least 2 plays I can recall where you should have taken it into the endzone. But he was angled out of bounds. I am a huge Ezekiel Elliott fan the last season he was not the same running back

Hardline

Reaction score
High volume is not high level. How many fourth Downs did he not make. There were at least to place I can recall where you should have taken it into the endzone. But he was angled out of bounds. I am a huge Ezekiel Elliott fan the last season he was not the same running back
High volume certainly is high level.
He got his yards.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I loved what they did in the Giants game they turned Prescott loose. Was his best game of the season. He proved he could take this team over. And don't even say it was a meaningless game. It was a division game and they're never meaningless. Giants play their *** off

mattjames2010

Reaction score
IHigh volume still counts as high level. He is as effective grinding out yards as much as he would getting it in chunks.
He got his yards.

...again, he got his yards because of high volume. Just...stop.

The dude can't even take it to the house anymore and he's only going into his fourth season LOL This place and it's infatuation with skill players is hilarious.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
High volume certainly is high level.
He got his yards.
He didn't get the yards he should have gotten. That's the point. If he was playing at a higher level he would have broke to the end zone. How many times did that happen

Hardline

Reaction score
...again, he got his yards because of high volume. Just...stop.

The dude can't even take it to the house anymore and he's only going into his fourth season LOL This place and it's infatuation with skill players is hilarious.
I'll say it again. You can dismiss it but it doesn't change the fact.
Zeke had a very good year. He got his carries and they resulted in yards.
Defenses are 100% sold out on stopping Zeke.
Trust me. I know football.

Hardline

Reaction score
He didn't get the yards he should have gotten. That's the point. If he was playing at a higher level he would have broke to the end zone. How many times did that happen
Read my last response to Matt.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He didn't come out volentarily. Not on the majority of the plays he didn't.
I'm sorry I just totally disagree with you. Coaching staff did not take him out of the game. They wanted to continue playing in your face Smash Mouth football. Make no mistake about it Elliott took himself out I was so pissed that he did it as often as he did

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll say it again. You can dismiss it but it doesn't change the fact.
Zeke had a very good year. He got his carries and they resulted in yards.
Defenses are 100% sold out on stopping Zeke.
Trust me. I know football.
No one's judging your football knowledge. Just judging your loyalty is over the top with Elliott.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Without a solid tight end to take the linebacker out of the box. Of course they're going to be all out on the Run. All the more why you kept taking himself out of the game . I'm telling you he was gassed. After 8 plays and that's on the coaching staff for not relieving him . before we got to the red zone so you have the energy . when we finally got to the red zone. You have to agree with that because it's a fact and not opinion .

Last edited: