PFT: Should Zeke hold out for a new deal?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you're referring as to why Beasley wasn't used much in the Rams game, he was playing on an injured ankle.

If you meant why Dallas didn't use Beasley more overall, it was probably Scott Linehan's fault.
Yes yes I was referring to the overall use of Beasley. I was a fan of his. I'm sure many were. I'm just learning again how precise you have to be on this site compared to Facebook. People here really understand and know their football. I'm happy to be back on the old on the new forum. I'm learning to be precise again LOL

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He'd have way more TDs if Dak wasn't vulturing 6 TDs a year on the ground.

TDs are flukey. Zeke is awesome and your argument is dumb. However, we should NOT pay him.

TDs are not "flukey". Getting 300 carries and 6 TDs is bad. Show me how many times Adrian Peterson in his career had 300+ carries and less than 10 TDs.

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Yes yes I was referring to the overall use of Beasley. I was a fan of his. I'm sure many were. I'm just learning again how precise you have to be on this site compared to Facebook. People here really understand and know their football. I'm happy to be back on the old on the new forum. I'm learning to be precise again LOL

No problem. I understood what you meant but I just wanted to be sure.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No problem. I understood what you meant but I just wanted to be sure.
Innovation balance. I truly believe we need to let Prescott take over the offense more. They turned him loose in the Giants game. I really believe they played Smash Mouth football more than they should have . with the youngest starting defense in the league ..I don't think they wanted to overexpose them. Balance Innovation and a defensive tackle we're not far away

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Innovation balance. I truly believe we need to let Prescott take over the offense more. They turned him loose in the Giants game. I really believe they played Smash Mouth football more than they should have . with the youngest starting defense in the league ..I don't think they wanted to overexpose them. Balance Innovation and a defensive tackle we're not far away

Exactly. One of my favorite things about Dak is he wants the ball in his hands in crunch time. He kills it in the clutch and he's been that way since he was at Mississippi State.

Like you said, if the Cowboys featured the pass more people wouldn't be fretting so much about Dak's stats, which are pretty good anyway. That Giants game he played without Zeke on the field proved Prescott can carry the offense.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He should play as contracted to do. He'll get a new deal when his current one expires. He really shouldn't have any doubt about that. Same with Dak

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
TDs are not "fluky". Getting 300 carries and 6 TDs is bad. Show me how many times Adrian Peterson in his career had 300+ carries and less than 10 TDs.

different offenses, breh.

Bottom line is that Zeke carries the ball 20+ times a game for 4.7 yards a tote. Not to mention the 135 catches and 6 TDs in 3 years as well. AP has 272 catches and 6 TDs for his ENTIRE CAREER.

You sell Zeke short, way short. I wonder why?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
different offenses, breh.

Bottom line is that Zeke carries the ball 20+ times a game for 4.7 yards a tote. Not to mention the 135 catches and 6 TDs in 3 years as well. AP has 272 catches and 6 TDs for his ENTIRE CAREER.

You sell Zeke short, way short. I wonder why?
I would have never taken Elliott with the 4th overall pick I believe that's what it was. I definitely would have taken Ramsey. I can't stand that Elliot takes himself out of games when he's gassed. But that's on the play Kohler. but not showing more balance maybe they just don't want to leave the youngest starting defense in the league on the field too long. Overexpose them. He should at least stay on the field as a decoy don't you think. It's great on the first seven or eight plays getting 4.7 yards. what are you doing when you're finally in the Red Zone. People forget we lost our starting center wide receiver tight end. I totally blame Lanahan 4 Red Zone production

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have neuropathy from the military nerve damage in my fingers. I can't stand speaking text but it's what I have to use. Sorry for the garbled words. Google has a mind of its own

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No one's selling Ezekiel Elliott short I believe. I just don't think he's used properly. Innovation balance. They finally turned Prescott loosen the Giants game. Only took three-quarters of the season. They know he has the tools. When he has the ball in his hands last he wins the game. I just want to see more balanced that's all. If you're going to put it in the running backs hands to win the game that's exactly what he should be doing.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He should play as contracted to do. He'll get a new deal when his current one expires. He really shouldn't have any doubt about that. Same with Dak
If they beat up Elliot this season like last season. I really don't know what they'll do. But with all the headaches that followed Elliott so far I totally agree

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3 things are certain in Life.....Death,Taxes, and the Zeke will be extended and become the most expensive HB in the NFL come this off-season!
Ya ya ya it's a game of musical chairs as we don't have the Cap to extend/resign everyone unless some will take a bottom feeder contract.
Expect Zeke,Coop,Dlaw,Byron to be given extensions or new contracts this off-season.
Now who's left without a chair well we will know by this July either way there are not enough chairs for everyone.

P.S. Here's some advice when it comes to contracts.....one word.... TALENT guides the way for the FO.....

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
3 things are certain in Life.....Death,Taxes, and the Zeke will be extended and become the most expensive HB in the NFL come this off-season!
Ya ya ya it's a game of musical chairs as we don't have the Cap to extend/resign everyone unless some will take a bottom feeder contract.
Expect Zeke,Coop,Dlaw,Byron to be given extensions or new contracts this off-season.
Now who's left without a chair well we will know by this July either way there are not enough chairs for everyone.

P.S. Here's some advice when it comes to contracts.....one word.... TALENT guides the way for the FO.....
Jerry Jones didn't want to re-sign Emmitt Smith. Now I know what to William Maclay Steven and Jason. But if I've learned anything in life. Change is inevitable

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The funny thing is the salary cap has never ever been an issue this franchise has always found a way with their mathematicians to get around it. Even if it's the sign and eat your deal with the money over the top at the end. With an injury clause

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I believe in football players. Guys who want to make a name for themselves. I'm not a fan of money Players. 80% of your team needs to be football players. I would give the money to the center defensive tackle middle linebacker strong safety. Oh yeah quarterback

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So run the hell out of him as long as we can on "cheap money" and let him walk? I don't like this at all......

Remember 2015.......tried this. In fact, it was soo bad, they tried in vain to bring Murray before the 2016 draft.

RB's are pretty much used up in 5-7 years. Sadly, that is why you dont draft them with the 4th pick in the draft. Good business is to handle it like I said. But I believe Jerry will be loyal and foolish and probably pay him big money soon enough.