News: PFT: Stephen Jones, Jerry Jones disagree regarding possible HOF for Super Bowl trade

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't understand why people stating their opinions is tantamount to being liars. Or how anyone could consider Stephen narcissistic. Does he not seem content letting Jerry take the credit for all things cowboy??? Mentality of the salem witch trials. Were any of the condemned really witches??? Just in the minds of the accusers.
I assume that the bold was in reference to my earlier post? If true, I apologize I misled you into believing I was speaking of Stephen when I was labeling his father as a narcissist. I have called Jerry Jones a narcissist in so many posts over a number of years on this site that I incorrectly assumed any reader would understand the sarcasm of my post. My bad.

There is one question I am curious to know. Do you consider Jerry Jones a narcissist?

cern

Reaction score
I assume that the bold was in reference to my earlier post? If true, I apologize I misled you into believing I was speaking of Stephen when I was labeling his father as a narcissist. I have called Jerry Jones a narcissist in so many posts over a number of years on this site that I incorrectly assumed any reader would understand the sarcasm of my post. My bad.

There is one question I am curious to know. Do you consider Jerry Jones a narcissist?
No. He has a huge ego, but he does not qualify as a narcissist by definition. When he lost out to goodell regarding zeke during 2017, as much as he probably hated it, he had aikman and staubach accompany the commish on stage at the draft in an effort to keep the peace. Not the actions of a narcissist.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. He has a huge ego, but he does not qualify as a narcissist by definition. When he lost out to goodell regarding zeke during 2017, as much as he probably hated it, he had aikman and staubach accompany the commish on stage at the draft in an effort to keep the peace. Not the actions of a narcissist.
I understand why anyone disagrees and I can certainly be incorrect. I am not a psychologist, psychiatrist or even a therapist. Just a layman, who has taken a couple of college psychiatry course and have been associated with the hospital/healthcare industry for nearly three decades. An expert? I am not and far from one on the topic.

I am aware human beings often disqualify many things they observe of others automatically, even in personal day-to-day interactions, as typical behavior. Plus, personality disorder is not something usually known contextually. There are definitive qualifiers for atypical behaviors. Matching a minimum number of qualifiers identifies probable disorder. The following are a minimum of five qualifiers of narcissistic personality dsorder for discussion:

• Exaggerates own importance
  • Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence or ideal romance
  • Requires constant attention and admiration from others
  • Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
  • Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals
There are additional qualifiers but only five are required. Here are a few more qualifiers:

• Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
  • Shows arrogant behaviors and attitudes
Those are qualifiers that would certainly have been applicable of narcissistic behavior like the example of Jones' public behavior to a stimuli you provided. Yet, only five qualifiers are necessary for discerning narcissism as I mentioned earlier. It is not imperative that any personality disorder is both observable and must match every qualifier known to associate with it.

Is Jones a narcissist? Maybe not. However, I could match public examples of Jerry Jones' behavior to each of the five qualifiers listed earlier. Perhaps they do not automatically pin him as a narcissist but they certainly lend credibillity that he is one by medcal definition in my opinion.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I understand why anyone disagrees and I can certainly be incorrect. I am not a psychologist, psychiatrist or even a therapist. Just a layman, who has taken a couple of college psychiatry course and have been associated with the hospital/healthcare industry for nearly three decades. An expert? I am not and far from one on the topic.

I am aware human beings often disqualify many things they observe of others automatically, even in personal day-to-day interactions, as typical behavior. Plus, personality disorder is not something usually known contextually. There are definitive qualifiers for atypical behaviors. Matching a minimum number of qualifiers identifies probable disorder. The following are a minimum of five qualifiers of narcissistic personality dsorder for discussion:

• Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence or ideal romance
There are additional qualifiers but only five are required. Here are a few more qualifiers:

Those are qualifiers that would certainly have been applicable of narcissistic behavior like the example of Jones' public behavior to a stimuli you provided. Yet, only five qualifiers are necessary for discerning narcissism as I mentioned earlier. It is not imperative that any personality disorder is both observable and must match every qualifier known to associate with it.

Is Jones a narcissist? Maybe not. However, I could match public examples of Jerry Jones' behavior to each of the five qualifiers listed earlier. Perhaps they do not automatically pin him as a narcissist but they certainly lend credibillity that he is one by medcal definition in my opinion.

WOW That's pretty good... You just discriped a percentage of the fanbase with the bold... Especially the "has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment"... Just having "unreasonable expectations" in general is what really describes some of this fanbase...

cern

Reaction score

he's a man who's been called out for being too loyal to certain players and a certain coach. not the actions of a narcissist. big ego. poor gm. nothing more to it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
lol of all the things to care about people spend time with this? Come up with narratives about their psychology?

Fmart322

Reaction score
Sounds like it's just talk. Hypothetical talk.
Nothing to take seriously.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he's a man who's been called out for being too loyal to certain players and a certain coach. not the actions of a narcissist. big ego. poor gm. nothing more to it.
Okay. :laugh:

cern

Reaction score
lol of all the things to care about people spend time with this? Come up with narratives about their psychology?
I stated just the opposite. that he had no psychological problems. we glean according to our level of comprehension.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I'm shocked.
Stephen is such a pandering weasel...

Better get ready because...

Somewhere on the campus of the University of Arkansas a 19 year old red shirt freshman quarterback already knows he is the future owner and GM of the Dallas Cowboys.

We just have to hope we don't give up two first round draft picks when he is eligible for the draft.

It's a generational abyss. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: