PFT: T.O., Witten Had “Near Altercation”

mute_city

Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/13/report-to-witten-had-near-altercation/

The drama around the Dallas Cowboys is not going away.

The Star-Telegram is reporting that wide receiver Terrell Owens and tight end Jason Witten had “a near altercation” in the locker room on Friday. Citing two unnamed sources, the paper reports that Owens and Witten exchanged words before being separated.

However, both players acted like everything was fine when reporters entered the locker room.

Asked if he was cool with Witten and quarterback Tony Romo, Owens said, “I’m cool with everybody. We addressed everything. Coach addressed everything. Everything is everything.”

Witten added, “Obviously I have a lot of respect for Terrell and I think it’s the same way. He’s a hell of a player.”

The “near altercation” happened after a team meeting in which Cowboys coach Wade Phillips told the team to focus on Sunday’s game against the Giants and avoid outside distractions.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I wonder if the Cowboys will have yet another team meeting today to adress this non-issue....

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
The season comes down to Sunday.

And it's sad that I have no faith in this team to get the job done. I still support them in all that they do, but I do not think they will come through come Sunday night.

What a difference a year makes.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Consider the source..lol

This silliness is so out of control. I wouldn't be surprised if half the team shows up to Texas Stadium tomorrow. The other half will have forgotten we even had a game.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2486755 said:
Consider the source..lol

This silliness is so out of control. I wouldn't be surprised if half the team shows up to Texas Stadium tomorrow. The other half will have forgotten we even had a game.

They got that from FWST, which ran the same story early this a.m.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Oh yay....citing 2 more anonymous sources.......:rolleyes:

ethiostar

Reaction score
Good grief.....

On a very selfish note, that would be one hell of a fight to watch. Witten is just a freaking horse and TO backed into a corner is a bit scary also. :eek:

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
If there was an altercation, how do we even know its about this "situation" that has been going on.

Maybe this happened:

OWENS: "It was Moops!"

WITTEN: "Its Moors!"

OWENS: "Moops!"

WITTEN: "Moors!"

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
That sucks that you cant trust nobody in the locker-room because of these "sources" that cant keep their mouths shut.

links18

Reaction score
Someone should give TO a good locker room beat down like Hugh Douglas did in Philly. Or maybe not......:banghead:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
So, once again, all we have is second hand information from anonymous sources.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
ethiostar;2486776 said:
Good grief.....

On a very selfish note, that would be one hell of a fight to watch. Witten is just a freaking horse and TO backed into a corner is a bit scary also. :eek:

Indeed it would. I'd pay for tickets to that. :p:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2486814 said:
Where there is smoke, there is fire.
Maybe. Or maybe not.

Whoever in the locker room is "leaking" this stuff needs to be punished. Or at least made public so he can be shunned by his teammates.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2486814 said:
Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Most of the time you'll also find someone blowing hot air on some kindling as well.

tecolote

Reaction score
links18;2486805 said:
Someone should give TO a good locker room beat down like Hugh Douglas did in Philly. Or maybe not......:banghead:

I think it was the other way around.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of these "anonymous sources"! Seriously whoever keeps leaking this to the media needs to go now and get their butt kicked! This is beyond pathetic...

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
mute_city;2486733 said:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/13/report-to-witten-had-near-altercation/

Citing two unnamed sources, the paper reports that Owens and Witten exchanged words before being separated.

translation - i made this up and will now hide behind the journalists friend mr unnamed source.

as any of you who have read my other posts will know i am new to american football and therefore the cowboys. i have however lived alll my life in scotland where rangers are the establishment team in the biggest sport in our country (sorry guys but and the world) soccer. celtic for reasons that i don't feel the need to go into here as its irrelevant on this board (feel free to pm if you're interested) are undermined at every opportunity in the media. i remember a couple of years ago the daily record (local rag) printed a front page story under the headline "liars, drunks, thugs and thieves" about the celtic players christmas night out. two days later they had a one paragraph apology on page 27 or something taking every claim they made back. to be quite honest the above quote would not look out of place with a couple of name changes in said "newspaper"

from the eyes of an outsider (allbe-it with a pro cowboys bias) please let me tell you that this looks like a nothing story aimed merely at unsettling a team the media seem to have a fondness for reporting on excessively merely so they can knock them down.

anyone who hasn't previously read my ramblings greetings from scotland.
'mon the cowboys
and
hail! hail! the celts are here!

:star:

links18

Reaction score
theogt;2486818 said:
Maybe. Or maybe not.

Whoever in the locker room is "leaking" this stuff needs to be punished. Or at least made public so he can be shunned by his teammates.

If there is anything to this, it seems like the "team"--from Newman's comments--is actually behind TO and against Romo and Witten. I wonder why that is?????:confused: