PFT: Tony Romo: Dak Prescott has been productive since arriving in Dallas

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Won't shed a tear bud as its not my money and after 24 years of Jerry Ball we are used to disappointments by our FO decisions.
Now make sure it doesn't flip the other way but your set with your Hennessy ....good choice!
Yes we know the FO is bad. Remember we could have paxton lynch. Or connor cook. Im in the pay dak boat. Could he be better......yes. could he be way way worse. Absolutely

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...has-been-productive-since-arriving-in-dallas/

Prescott, who replaced Romo as the Cowboys’ starting quarterback when Romo was injured in the 2016 preseason, has earned that, Romo said.

“In the NFL — quarterbacks, running backs, receivers — it doesn’t matter. It’s about the production,” Romo told CBS Sports HQ. “Are you winning? Are you helping your football team win? And are you producing? And Dak’s done that since the moment he stepped on the field.”

The Cowboys also are working on deals with Cooper and Elliott — Elliott remains a holdout from training camp — but have expressed confidence at getting all three signed to long-term deals. Romo said it’s a matter of when, not if.

“All three of these guys, their deals are going to get done,” Romo said. “It’s just fun for people to talk about while it’s going on.

“They’re all great players, and I think it’s just a matter of time before they get paid.”
Good to see Romo say what myself and a handful of others have been saying.

Blake

Reaction score
Since when does Romo openly bash anybody? He didn’t even bash TO.

He also wanted the chance to compete for his starting job back and knew fully well that he was getting hosed for the mediocre QB. Notice how he didn’t even mention Dak as a pocket QB and skill set, he basically pointed to the production, meaning the team winning.

He also picked the Jaguars to win the SB last year with Bortles as QB.

Let's get one thing straight. Romo hosed himself when he thought he could take off like Michael Vick in a meaningless preseason game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Hey Dak-Zoids its the smart play what else is Tony gonna say the truth that Dak sucks?
Think about the blow-back that would create for him esp in his new career.
Common sense goes a long way in life fellows!!!!
Of course not but he could’ve just not said anything. But I get it that you didn’t think of that.

khiladi

Reaction score
Let's get one thing straight. Romo hosed himself when he thought he could take off like Michael Vick in a meaningless preseason game.

Or maybe he was chubby after surgery and was working to get reps in and then ran to open space and the LB came from behind him and plowed him from behind while he was sliding..

Actually, that’s what happened.. still has nothing to do with what I actually wrote..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes we know the FO is bad. Remember we could have paxton lynch. Or connor cook. Im in the pay dak boat. Could he be better......yes. could he be way way worse. Absolutely

Hence by your logic he's Average......you don't pay Average 30 million a year sorry.

kumizi

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has been a productive player and has helped the Cowboys win.

BREAKING NEWS guys. Tony Romo said it. I'm starting to think the big Dak groupies might be a low IQ group.

The debate is how good is he? How much should they pay him? Where would you draw the line? Would you give him $35 million AAV? Would you give him enough guaranteed money to where you're stuck with him (good or bad) for five years? What other choice(s) do they have?

You people act like the "Dak haters" think Cooper Rush is better than Dak. Adult men using the word "hater" always makes me laugh. I'm a "Dak hater" but the QB market is what the QB market is. You have to give him Carson Wentz money or embark on a rebuild. You've backed yourself into that corner. I just hope that one day he turns into a top 10 QB.

Blake

Reaction score
Or maybe he was chubby after surgery and was working to get reps in and then ran to open space and the LB came from behind him and plowed him from behind while he was sliding..

Actually, that’s what happened..

He was chubby most his career. You're not helping his argument.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Of course not but he could’ve just not said anything. But I get it that you didn’t think of that.

Romo could have said a ton of things without complimenting Dak’s production and calling him a great player. He could have easily just said it’s normal negotiation processes. Or the Dallas front office usually gets this kind of stuff done, etc.

But people would now rather question his motives and criticize his judgment.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
It’s rich seeing people who have been rippinG Dak and pimping Romo, now criticizing Romo and his judgement or his motivation.

Just classic.
Fans that “pimped” Romo, because of his playing abilities and talent

His opinions over his former team are irrelevant.

Mike Irv, is my favorite player of all-time, but everyone knows he spews mostly homer-driven nonsense about this team

HungryLion

Reaction score
Fans that “pimped” Romo, because of his playing abilities and talent

His opinions over his former team are irrelevant.

Mike Irv, is my favorite player of all-time, but everyone knows he spews mostly homer-driven nonsense about this team

I loved Romo too. It’s just complete BS to question his motives and his judgment now, because he said something you didn’t want to hear.

If he said Dak isn’t very good and not worth the money. You would be taking that quote to the bank.

Romo is nothing like Irvin. Nice false equivalency though.