PFT: Tony Romo: Dak Prescott has been productive since arriving in Dallas

khiladi

Reaction score
Go ahead and ask me. I said repeatedly I didn’t want Dez cut and that I thought the issues were correctable. I was the one pointing out that Dak and Dez played well together in 2016.

So feel free to ask that question all day....... oops.

Even though me and @WillieBeamen disagree about Dak and give each other a hard time sometimes. We always saw eye to eye on Dez.

I wasn’t referring to you on particular, I just made a general statement.

Iago33

Reaction score
“All three of these guys, their deals are going to get done,” Romo said. “It’s just fun for people to talk about while it’s going on.

“They’re all great players, and I think it’s just a matter of time before they get paid.”
He thinks we’re having fun talking about all these big contracts?!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“All three of these guys, their deals are going to get done,” Romo said. “It’s just fun for people to talk about while it’s going on.
Super fun.

giphy.gif

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's like this has no merit but when Dak said Romo helped him a lot his rookie year it was the end of the story. All the reports and eye witness accounts to the contrary were meaningless. I chalk it up to both being company men.
You're right about some selective hypocrisy but off about Romo not helping Dak.

If they meant during games (not in the film room, at practice or after hours) then they might not understand the difference between interfering and helping when called upon.
Ask any coach, game situations are way different and there are specific players and coaches designated to talk to the QB--too many voices in real time would just be counter-productive. Romo WAS NOT supposed to be on the headsets with Dak during games unless called upon.

But that's a tangent from this thread so no reason to rehash that stuff.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has been a productive player and has helped the Cowboys win.

BREAKING NEWS guys. Tony Romo said it. I'm starting to think the big Dak groupies might be a low IQ group.

The debate is how good is he? How much should they pay him? Where would you draw the line? Would you give him $35 million AAV? Would you give him enough guaranteed money to where you're stuck with him (good or bad) for five years? What other choice(s) do they have?

You people act like the "Dak haters" think Cooper Rush is better than Dak. Adult men using the word "hater" always makes me laugh. I'm a "Dak hater" but the QB market is what the QB market is. You have to give him Carson Wentz money or embark on a rebuild. You've backed yourself into that corner. I just hope that one day he turns into a top 10 QB.
This is the biggest take. That jerry and co are bafoons and let wentz get a deal before dak

mcmvp

Reaction score
Yep

But ima let the homers have this one :rolleyes:

I'm not sure why people consider this a big deal. I mean if someone told me they were going to ask Romo his opinion on these contract situations, I could've easily guessed that he would say what he did. He's not the kind of guy to say something to muddy the waters.

JBond

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...has-been-productive-since-arriving-in-dallas/

Prescott, who replaced Romo as the Cowboys’ starting quarterback when Romo was injured in the 2016 preseason, has earned that, Romo said.

“In the NFL — quarterbacks, running backs, receivers — it doesn’t matter. It’s about the production,” Romo told CBS Sports HQ. “Are you winning? Are you helping your football team win? And are you producing? And Dak’s done that since the moment he stepped on the field.”

The Cowboys also are working on deals with Cooper and Elliott — Elliott remains a holdout from training camp — but have expressed confidence at getting all three signed to long-term deals. Romo said it’s a matter of when, not if.

“They’re all great players, and I think it’s just a matter of time before they get paid.”
This is the endorsement I want from our former QB, but it didn't happen.

"He’s one of the best things to happen in the NFL in a long time,” Romo said. “I mean that for multiple reasons. One, I think everyone can see his talent, his ability. It’s rare, it really is special. But also, just him as a person, and a kid. Your adopted son, you raised him correctly. He really is a very genuine, nice kid.”

- Tony Romo

I wonder who he is referring to?

visionary

Reaction score
Wouldn't a company man say something different?

Nope
He knows he’s not getting into the HOF
He wants to get into the ROH
The only way to get there is not rick the boat and stay in Jerry’s good graces
That’s the only reason Jimmy is not in the ROH

Like I said, company man

mmohican29

Reaction score
Because people blame Romo retiring on Dak even though he had nothing to do with it.

Right.

"Oh that Dak. He came in when Tony went down and led the team to 13 victories. How dare he play well enough to alter the franchise's future. "

He did exactly what a winner does and continues to do the same. Win.