News: PFT: Travis Frederick feels like his strength is mostly back to normal

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
When we talk about the additions to the 2019 Cowboys, we should start the discussion with getting the best center in all of football back.

No disrespect to Joe Looney, who did an incredible job under difficult circumstances, but T-Fred is a special player. Can't wait to see him back out there!:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
I'm relieved to see that the Cowboys are proceeding so cautiously with Travis Frederick.

He'll require extra time to recover from his disease and rehab from his shoulder surgery.

I've been a bit apprehensive of an inclination of the Cowboys to rush him back hurriedly.

Me too....they appear to be bringing him back wisely and not rushing him. Bummer about his labrum though. It's possible they could/should let him sit the first six games and get stronger and healthier. Looney is more than capable obviously.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Me too....they appear to be bringing him back wisely and not rushing him. Bummer about his labrum though. It's possible they could/should let him sit the first six games and get stronger and healthier. Looney is more than capable obviously.

Yeah, I think that extra recuperation time for Frederick will come when they allow him to rest during the minicamps and the OTAs. He'll see his fair share of the practices at TC. I imagine it remains to be seen how much work he'll get or not get during the preseason games.

The two Conners, Williams and McGovern, should get the lions hare of the work that Frederick would otherwise have gotten during the OTAs and the minicamps. In any case, it will be interesting to see who gets the action and how much of it at LG and center throughout the preseason.

Last edited:

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

His surgery was in the first week of January; he's in extended rehab with no setbacks, over 4 months out.

There's really nothing to impede his progress through camp.

Would not want to line up against him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Let him heal from the shoulder and then get to work Fredbeard. Come back even stronger. I wonder if the doctors gave him steroids to help him heal.